It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:11 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next
PostPosted: February 5th, 2016, 10:09 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
HauntedWallflower has officially stopped lurking on the Ectozone website and stepped out of the woodwork!
This is my GBFans Forum intro, slightly altered:

"Hello!
I'm ashamed to say that my first real introduction to Ghostbusters was by watching those saccharine Slimer! cartoons as a 6-year-old. And I don't even remember seeing the Ghostbusters appear in those. In my defense, I was born in the '90s. Which also explains the fact that the only cartoon I watched then was Extreme Ghostbusters and never even heard of The Real Ghostbusters. Which also meant that Egon is the only original Ghostbuster I ever grew up with.
I used to live in Sri Lanka, which meant that Ghostbusters II was the only GB movie I ever saw when I was younger. Yes, really. The only things I remember about it was mistaking Winston for Roland, wondering why Egon had dark hair (Was I naive or what?!) and being really scared of what Vigo was about to do for Oscar. I definitely remember Winston getting 'run over' by the ghost train and the Statue of Liberty scene. But if there's one thing I'm glad I don't remember, it's anything about Janine and Louis *shudder* Maybe I suppresed those memories or those scenes got removed? Who cares.
But I guess I've redeemed myself since then, watching the first (And in my eyes, the greatest) GB movie, getting to know RGB, reading as many comics as I can....and writing one heck of an Introduction on this board. Plus I ship Egon/Janine something fierce. And I'm just this close to accepting IDW GB comics as canon. All I have to do is wait for Sony to tell Burnham, '*sigh* Just give those [insert swear word to collectively describe E/J shippers] what they want and get it over with.'
Wow, that was long :oops: "

I only decided to come out and play, because I have never met another Ghostbusters fan in my entire life. I'm the only one I know. Also, do I believe in ghosts? To some extent, yes.

PostPosted: February 6th, 2016, 10:48 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
HauntedWallflower wrote:
HauntedWallflower has officially stopped lurking on the Ectozone website and stepped out of the woodwork!
This is my GBFans Forum intro, slightly altered:

"Hello!
I'm ashamed to say that my first real introduction to Ghostbusters was by watching those saccharine Slimer! cartoons as a 6-year-old. And I don't even remember seeing the Ghostbusters appear in those. In my defense, I was born in the '90s. Which also explains the fact that the only cartoon I watched then was Extreme Ghostbusters and never even heard of The Real Ghostbusters. Which also meant that Egon is the only original Ghostbuster I ever grew up with.
I used to live in Sri Lanka, which meant that Ghostbusters II was the only GB movie I ever saw when I was younger. Yes, really. The only things I remember about it was mistaking Winston for Roland, wondering why Egon had dark hair (Was I naive or what?!) and being really scared of what Vigo was about to do for Oscar. I definitely remember Winston getting 'run over' by the ghost train and the Statue of Liberty scene. But if there's one thing I'm glad I don't remember, it's anything about Janine and Louis *shudder* Maybe I suppresed those memories or those scenes got removed? Who cares.
But I guess I've redeemed myself since then, watching the first (And in my eyes, the greatest) GB movie, getting to know RGB, reading as many comics as I can....and writing one heck of an Introduction on this board. Plus I ship Egon/Janine something fierce. And I'm just this close to accepting IDW GB comics as canon. All I have to do is wait for Sony to tell Burnham, '*sigh* Just give those [insert swear word to collectively describe E/J shippers] what they want and get it over with.'
Wow, that was long :oops: "

I only decided to come out and play, because I have never met another Ghostbusters fan in my entire life. I'm the only one I know. Also, do I believe in ghosts? To some extent, yes.

:lol: You're gonna fit in just fine here. Glad you found the place.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 11:36 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Gemini
First off- many thanks to EGBFan for pointing this out to me!

Let's see... I was first introduced to Ghostbusters by my father, who used to get DVDs from
Netflix and show us old cartoons (ThunderCats, Silverhawks, etc.) and I fell in love with Peter Venkman's sarcasm (a trait that runs in our family), Ray Stantz just being Ray, Winston being like "what the heck" all the time, Egon's dry humor, and Janine for being awesome!

My first ship ever was Egon/Janine, and I remember staying up late nights wondering what the heck was wrong with the blond scientist- that woman loves you and you love her now KISS.

For a while, I forgot about these lovely people (SHAME ON ME), until I recently watched the first Ghostbusters again. My interest renewed, I stumbled upon the "new" Ghostbusters.

I actually had to use the wonderful Internet to find Extreme Ghostbusters, and I loved them ALMOST as much. I still can't see why people hated them so much, they brought new life to the older 80's show.

Aaaaaaaaand I could go on and bore everyone about my personal self (she loves to sing, act, write, and read) but recently Ghostbusters has been the center of my attention. I hope that one day I can set up a successful series of Ghostbusters fics like Fritz (who's writing I admire) and have more people appreciate this wonderful bit of childhood.

I occasionally will make fan references, so if I start spouting nonsense forgive me! :lol:

That's all for now, folks!

"We came, we saw, we kicked its-" :venkman:

"Check out this pole!" :ray:

"I love this town!" :winston:

"Don't cross the streams." :egon:

"WE GOT ONE!" :janine:

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 3:34 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: February 24th, 2016, 10:53 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Zodiac: Leo
*unlurks*

Hi people! I just joined after years of lurking.

My name's Karine, but I'll answer to Seren, Serendipity8791, Birdsofrhiannon (my handle on AO3) as well as "Hey You!" in the case of a brain fart, but never Karen, that's my mother-in-law. I'm 37 years old (holy crap, really? where has the time gone?), and I have been a Ghostbusters fan since I was 9 years old. My first introduction was definitely the first movie, though I saw that late-ish, around 1987, due to my age at time of release and my parents being slightly overprotective.

I'm also Canadian, and while French is my first language - please excuse any idiosyncratic sentence structure or expressions, by the way - I've been bilingual since I was 16.

I'm much more interested in the movies and the IDW comics than in RGB/EGB, but the fandom seems at times so small, that hanging out with any and all fans seems a better idea than being a recluse in my little corner of fandom. YES, I write fic set in the IDW universe, and NO, I am not afraid of being Jossed. *wink* I ultimately consider all fic I write to be slightly AU from the source material, so that's a non-issue where I'm concerned. Maybe that's a cop out, but I stand by it.

I ultimately joined because I realized a story I wrote got linked under a thread and I thought I might as well drop by and say hi.

Fritz, I miss your reviews of the comics! They were my favourite thing to read between issues.

Oh! Did I forget? Total Egon/Janine shipper in the house! I bend my fiancé's ear day in and day out about E/J.

Nice meeting you all!

PostPosted: February 25th, 2016, 11:56 am 
Administrator
Administrator

serendipity8791 wrote:
I'm much more interested in the movies and the IDW comics than in RGB/EGB, but the fandom seems at times so small, that hanging out with any and all fans seems a better idea than being a recluse in my little corner of fandom. YES, I write fic set in the IDW universe, and NO, I am not afraid of being Jossed. *wink* I ultimately consider all fic I write to be slightly AU from the source material, so that's a non-issue where I'm concerned. Maybe that's a cop out, but I stand by it.

I adore the IDW series, but other than one short story I just prefer writing in the fanon I've built up over the years. I won't rule out anything later if the right idea comes along, though.

Quote:
Fritz, I miss your reviews of the comics! They were my favourite thing to read between issues.

I guess I got out of the habit of doing them both because the regular series got cancelled, and there's a guy on GBFans who does great thorough reviews. I'll take this as encouragement to pick it back up, though. Glad you liked them.

Quote:
Oh! Did I forget? Total Egon/Janine shipper in the house! I bend my fiancé's ear day in and day out about E/J.

Nice meeting you all!

Sounds like you'll fit in fine here.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2016, 5:37 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Welcome! I'm not the Greenie anymore! :mrgreen:

"We came, we saw, we kicked its-" :venkman:

"Check out this pole!" :ray:

"I love this town!" :winston:

"Don't cross the streams." :egon:

"WE GOT ONE!" :janine:

PostPosted: April 16th, 2016, 11:49 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Aries
I've already been posting but here goes.....

I'm Maroon5fan. I choose that name because well, obviously I like Maroon 5. But I do also like Ghostbusters too. That goes back to when I was in grade one, was flipping through the TV listings and saw the title "The Real Ghostbusters". I wondered what that was, flipped to the channel it was on, and the rest as they say, is history.

I also like GI Joe and Duran Duran. So stoked that I get to see them in concert a fourth time wooooo! Now if Maroon 5 would come back to where I live, since I haven't seen them yet, my year would be complete.

I also like Egon and Janine somewhat. I guess you could say I'm lukewarm, not totally hardcore.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2016, 10:35 am 
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: July 31st, 2016, 8:41 am 
Doberman
Doberman

My name is Jake and I have a sister named EGBFan. I am a fan of both the original Ghostbusters movies (I haven't seen the new one yet) and also of Extreme Ghostbusters. I used to watch The Real Ghostbusters when I was very young. My favourite Ghostbuster is Eduardo Rivera, and the character I have always found most enjoyable to fan-fic about is Kevin Rivera.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2016, 10:35 am 
Administrator
Administrator

KevinsMensPyjamas wrote:
My name is Jake and I have a sister named EGBFan. I am a fan of both the original Ghostbusters movies (I haven't seen the new one yet) and also of Extreme Ghostbusters. I used to watch The Real Ghostbusters when I was very young. My favourite Ghostbuster is Eduardo Rivera, and the character I have always found most enjoyable to fan-fic about is Kevin Rivera.

Because of the way I ended up reading your post in the "Favorite Extreme Ghostbuster" thread before this one, I saw the Hertfordshire location and went "Holy cow, is that Jake?" and then I read this thread and knew.

Glad to have you here, Jake, after hearing about you and reading your EGB stuff for so long.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2016, 4:30 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Scorpio
Hi there,
I am Sandra, born and raised in „Good ol‘ Germany“. As you probably assumed I am a huge Ghostbusters-Fan (why else would I be here? ;))

“Ghostbusters” is my favorite movie, I do not like “Ghostbusters II” too much but I really enjoyed the first two season of RGB (some of the later episodes were not that bad either), EGB was a cool series as well, but I was really pi...um... not happy that they reset the Egon-Janine-Relationship to 0.0 and raised it to 0.1 at the end. Seriously: Did Tiamat mess with their memories, too?

Speaking of Tiamat: I really enjoy the IDW-comics. I also like other GB-Comics but the IDWs are my favorite.

GB 2016 did not blow me away but it is an entertaining movie. Personally I think the trailer was bad, so that a lot of people didn’t see the movie at all or were biased when they did. I also wonder if IDW would have done a third ongoing series if the new movie had not revived the interest in GB. IF the movie is the reason we can’t thank the creators enough.

Since this is the “General Board”, I’ ll tell you something about my other interests as well. I like what most people call nerd-stuff: Computer games, Pen & Paper, Comics, Fantasy-Books and TV-Shows that deal with computer games, Pen & Paper, Comics, Fantasy-Books. I avoid fresh air, sun and sports. So if you do NOT want to meet me, go to a beach volleyball game – you should be safe.

My English is not perfect but please don’t be too polite to tell me if I make mistakes because I want to improve. :)
Well, that’s all for now. Thanks for reading.
See you

PostPosted: September 29th, 2016, 4:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Guten Tag! (One of the few bits of German I remember from that two years in high school...which was almost thirty years ago at this point :? )

Sandra, having been on the internet for nearly twenty years now, I can assure you that your English is better than some native speakers I've dealt with over the years. :lol:

PostPosted: September 29th, 2016, 4:40 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Scorpio
Okay, that's good to hear/read.
Thank you, I am glad to be aboard. :)

PostPosted: September 30th, 2016, 6:57 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Welcome to the board, Sandra. I hope you have fun. :)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next