It is currently March 19th, 2024, 7:51 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: April 26th, 2022, 9:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/veno ... 235240650/

Quote:
The studio also announced plans for another “Ghostbusters” installment, which will serve as a follow-up to 2021’s reboot “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” ($200 million globally). Sony revealed its plans for both sequels during its Monday evening presentation at CinemaCon, the annual trade show for theater owners. Though the studio did not share any details about either movie, it revealed that new installments were on the way.

And that's pretty much all they said.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2022, 3:42 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
it's still too soon to guess what it could be. I'm just happy we are getting more.
feel how you will about the direction of the last move. I think the fact they are doing another one men this franchise is coming back to life. { insert ghost joke here,}
I'm hoping this will lead to new cartoon now games toys and comics.

maybe we will even see things based off the old RGB cartoon.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: June 9th, 2022, 5:31 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Ecto-Fest was held yesterday, and from that we have the code name of the Afterlife sequel: "Firehouse". The actual title will most likely be different...but might not be.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2022, 12:22 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Zodiac: Aries
As per Deadline, we have a date for the sequel which is slated for December 20, 2023.

https://deadline.com/2022/06/ghostbuste ... 235053366/

PostPosted: June 28th, 2022, 6:32 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the update!

PostPosted: December 6th, 2022, 9:08 am 
Administrator
Administrator

https://deadline.com/2022/12/ghostbuste ... 235190148/

Quote:
‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ Sequel Taps Gil Kenan To Direct With Previous Cast Returning

After successfully relaunching the franchise with 2021’s Ghostbusters: Afterlife, Sony Pictures is ramping up pre-production on the sequel with the film’s writer and exec producer Gil Kenan set to take over directing reins. Sources tell Deadline that Jason Reitman, who directed the pervious pic, will move into the writer-producer role alongside co-scribe Kenan and Jason Blumenfeld. Insiders add that the Ghostbusters: Afterlife ensemble that includes Paul Rudd and Carrie Coon is on board to return.

“It’s an absolute honor to pick up the proton pack and step behind the camera for the next chapter of the Spengler family saga,” said Kenan. “I just wish I could go back to 1984 and tell the kid in the sixth row of the Mann Valley West that one day he was going to get to direct a Ghostbusters film.”

While not much is known about the sequel, but sources say the plan is to return to New York City and the iconic firehouse made famous in the original Ghostbusters films. It is slated for a December 2023 release.

“A few years ago, my father handed me the keys to Ecto-1, and together we made Ghostbusters: Afterlife” said Reitman. “Words will never express how grateful I am to have made a film with my father by my side. It’s now time to hand those keys to my creative partner and fellow Ghostbuster Gil Kenan, a brilliant director who will keep the Spengler spirit alive. I can only hope to provide him the same producorial care and support that my father showed me.”

PostPosted: March 20th, 2023, 4:21 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50721

Kingpin wrote:
There've been clear signs in the past few weeks that filming on the next installment in the Ghostbusters franchise would be starting soon, ranging from one of the Ecto-1 props being spotted arriving at Glasgow Prestwick Airport, to Jason Reitman and Gil Kenan teasing the construction of a interior set for the Firehouse, to Celeste O'Connor recently posting about her arrival in the United Kingdom.

Now, Jason and Gil's newest teaser is from the set of "Ghostbusters 4"/"Ghostbusters: Firehouse", commemorating the first day of filming.

There's still a long road ahead before the film will be released, assuming it sticks to it's release date of December 20, 2023. However today's reveal is still an exciting development.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2023, 9:29 am 
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50733

Quote:
It is being reported by website Deadline that actors Patton Oswalt (The Sandman, Agents of Shield, Star Trek: Picard) and Kumail Nanjiani (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Eternals, Men in Black: International) have joined the cast of "Ghostbusters 4".

In addition to Oswalt and Nanjiani, Deadline has also detailed that actress Emily Alyn Lind (Gossip Girl, Code Black, Revenge) and British comedian James Acaster will also be starring in the sequel to Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2023, 4:09 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Picture posted on GBFans:

She's even wearing green glasses!

PostPosted: June 5th, 2023, 8:03 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Latest from GBFans:

https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 5#p4983025

Pictures have been going around with a restored ECTO-1.

--The license plate still reads simply "ECTO-1"; it's also a cleaned up vintage plate.

--The red stripes on the sides now extend all the way to front of the hood.

--The gunner seat is seen in use, though it appears to have been updated.

--Some pictures have a "clamshell" assembly on the roof; it's not in all shots, so it might be just something for filming. Or it's a new "super slammer". We'll have to see.

--We've definitely seen Phoebe (in the gunner seat) and Callie (in the passenger seat). Gary might be driving, but it's not clear.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2023, 7:16 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Logo revealed today:

PostPosted: August 8th, 2023, 10:33 am 
Administrator
Administrator

This feels oddly familiar...

Update: Release date rescheduled to March 2024

Kingpin wrote:
Industry trade Variety has reported that Sony Pictures has pushed back the release date for the next installment in the Ghostbusters cinematic franchise.

Originally scheduled for December 20th 2023, the film is now slated for release on March 29th, 2024, in time for the Easter weekend.
The decision was taken in light of the current SAG-AFTRA strike which has affected television and motion picture productions in Hollywood since the 14th of July.