It is currently March 19th, 2024, 5:26 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: EGBFanArt
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2023, 11:28 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Well, I drew a picture. It's EGB fanart, and it's also EGBFan art! :D It isn't perfect but it's the best I can do, at least for the time being. I call it Spoons (it is not of literal spoons).

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

Post subject: Re: EGBFanArt
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2023, 2:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Very nice. Lovely picture of Pagan the Cat and his servants. :lol:

PostPosted: March 18th, 2023, 1:37 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

A belated thank you, Fritz, for your comment on my first attempt.

I didn't want to give a whole new post only to that. I now have a second attempt: Sisters. Guess who! (Artist comments on DeviantArt will confirm, and tell you what I think of it myself.)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: March 20th, 2023, 10:01 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Re. my previous post: I've made a few changes to the picture linked therein, very minor, but to me it makes a big difference. I like it better now. But I'm still (re-)learning, and constructive criticism is welcome.

Full disclosure: I am still, and always will be, much happier with how I was able to translate Conchita from my mind to the page than Rose. She's difficult! But again, I've done the best I can at present. After some more practice, who knows? But it's thanks (strangely enough) to Demi Moore that I was able to draw Rose's profile to any degree of my own satisfaction. I never thought of it before, but must now remember to be on the look-out for opportunities to have someone say she looks kind of like Demi in fanfic. :P

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2023, 4:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Having been reading their adventures for like...yikes...twenty years now, it's interesting to have a visual straight from you. I kept picturing Mimi Tachikawa from Digimon Adventure and a more normally skin colored Raven from Teen Titans (Rose sounds like her mother!) whenever I pictured them in my head, though a little less so after you put up those pictures on your site.

I really need to get off my tuckus and draw more.

PostPosted: March 28th, 2023, 8:16 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Thank you for commenting, Fritz. I know you've got stuff going on, not to put too fine a point on it. For anyone to be interested enough in a fan creation to visualise it in any way is a compliment, and a reader (of anything, I mean) is always going to imagine in their own way. To be able to draw one's characters as we imagine them our own selves - just for the record, as it were - is an enviable talent indeed.

That character creator Jake and I used was great for the basics: eye colour, hair type, and dress sense down to the armpits. That's all I really wanted for most of them. Conchita and Rose are the only ones whose specific features - face shape, nose shape, build and such - really matter to me (I guess their being a carefully imagined combination of two beloved canon characters would account for that). As I implied, I'm going to attempt to get really good at drawing those girls, but if I can't, that portrait of them will satisfy me.

Attempting to draw stuff really is my big project right now. I have a few more ideas for more EGB fanart/EGBFan art, and at least one OC portrait... perhaps too many ideas, as I don't know which of them I'll be able to pull off. The frequency of my posting in this thread depends not on my output, but on how I judge its success. We shall see!

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: April 4th, 2023, 8:15 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

The Juice

The above link will take you to DeviantArt; you can also view this picture, along with any others that aren't OC-only, on the new Fanart page of my website. Both include the same few sentences of clarification for this one.

Jake helped me decide on the title. (It got a laugh out of him, too. :D)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: April 6th, 2023, 2:09 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The adrenaline junkie being...an adrenaline junkie. :lol:

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2023, 12:30 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Graduation

...is self-explanatory. :)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: April 24th, 2023, 3:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

EGBFan wrote:
Graduation

...is self-explanatory. :)

:garrett: --Remember when we were kids, and the year 2000 seemed like something far away and futuristic? And now we're graduating college and it IS the year 2000?

PostPosted: April 30th, 2023, 12:46 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Janine Says Relax

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: April 30th, 2023, 3:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

EGBFan wrote:

:lol: You drew one for me and a lot of the other Ectozone regulars!

PostPosted: May 4th, 2023, 8:54 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Fritz wrote:
You drew one for me and a lot of the other Ectozone regulars!

I did want to give those two their dues for their own sake, but it also occurred to me that an alternate title - also musically inspired - might by Für Fritz. ;)

Now here's something else for those who like Eduardo and Kylie (and/or a nice male torso): Changeover

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: May 14th, 2023, 9:47 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Laughter

This one is EGBFan art rather than EGB fanart, as it's an OC portrait and the characters were inspired by the GB movies. Who are they? Why, Hayden Wallance and Jessica Venkman, of course!

I find it more difficult to draw OCs, and there is a post-mortem on DA mainly for my watchers' benefit, in case they're interested in my artistic journey. But I do not explain for them the story behind these characters, as it is so complicated and the picture makes so much sense on its own (I certainly don't mean it as any kind of snub).

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: May 28th, 2023, 4:47 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Friction

Eduardo with the ghost of his own ancestor (who refused to come out of my pencil any smaller!). If you've been following my fanfic, you may guess who it is, but all explanations are there at the above link (and a different, less extensive one on the ever-growing fanart page of my website).

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3