It is currently March 19th, 2024, 1:34 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Filmation's Ghostbusters
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2022, 3:40 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Perhaps everybody else is sick to death of ideas, comments etc. concerning Filmation's Ghostbusters (though I couldn't find a thread here when I checked). I, however, am watching it for the first time in my life, and forming no strong opinions either way. Hardly worth mentioning, really, except for two things that I find very interesting:

1. Susan Blu is the leading female voice actor (not surprisingly, especially when you learn that the show was a forerunner to Bravestarr). I like to think she made much of this when interviewing for the voice directing gig on EGB. :P

2. Futura looks kind of like Kylie. Perhaps she's her descendant! :o

(And that, from my point of view at least, is only a couple of steps away from theorising that she and her brother Morrow are descendants of The Mysterious Cities of Gold's Captain Gaspar(d) :D).

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2022, 6:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
EGBFan wrote:
Perhaps everybody else is sick to death of ideas, comments etc. concerning Filmation's Ghostbusters (though I couldn't find a thread here when I checked). I, however, am watching it for the first time in my life, and forming no strong opinions either way. Hardly worth mentioning, really, except for two things that I find very interesting:

1. Susan Blu is the leading female voice actor (not surprisingly, especially when you learn that the show was a forerunner to Bravestarr). I like to think she made much of this when interviewing for the voice directing gig on EGB. :P

That is an interesting twist. Might explain why Pat "Jake Kong Jr." Fraley did some uncredited pinch hitting of Frank Welker's lines during "Back In The Saddle"

Quote:
2. Futura looks kind of like Kylie. Perhaps she's her descendant! :o

(And that, from my point of view at least, is only a couple of steps away from theorising that she and her brother Morrow are descendants of The Mysterious Cities of Gold's Captain Gaspar(d) :D).

I think I had an idea like that in mind myself when I did the apocrypha version of Future Shocks, which had Jake and Eddie as deranged losers and Futura was in a cult trying to use them to kill the real Ghostbusters. At the end...

Quote:
"Felice Aragon Rivera D'Amato..." Romulus said sternly, pulling Futura to her feet. "On behalf of Ghostbusters International, a duly deputized arm of the International Justice Network, you are hereby under arrest for attempting to violate the integrity of the time line..." (emphasis added)

I guess I should also note that Larry Storch (Eddie Sr. in the live action 1975 Filmation show) passed away on July 8th.