It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:37 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: September 28th, 2009, 9:24 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Ghostbusters 2021: The Eye Of Aretpo, Part Five

The coming of Amot-Naphemus is growing nearer, and the Extreme Ghostbusters are in no shape to stop it. With the impending disaster comes opportunity. While Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Egon Spengler, and Winston Zeddemore chose that life, others were chosen by it; a new generation is running out of time, and the legacy of the Ghostbusters is calling. Forcefully.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2009, 9:10 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Spoilers

That's a mayor I can vote for! I really like this part, it may be my favorite so far, but then John and the bug and the zombies goes through my mind. Hummm...

PostPosted: September 29th, 2009, 4:58 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Quote:
"This is Cody Jones at the Channel Six studios,
:D :D :D So I'm guessing in this world Casey finely pop the question to April ? :lol: :lol:

you son of ... . that almost got past me . :lol: :lol:

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: September 29th, 2009, 9:04 am 
Administrator
Administrator

You know how I love my little in-jokes. I had Vernon Fenwick pop up in "Chronicles of Gozer"; this is just my little way of updating the reference for the future.

Once again, though, this does not mean that any version of TMNT necessarily exists in the GBOT continuity. At best, imagine that there's a version of Channel Six as it might have been if the Turtles, Shredder, ect. never existed; April, Vernon, Irma, ect are all there, but never got involved with all of that weirdness. (Though obviously April still met Casey Jones somehow :lol: )

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2009, 3:45 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Quote:
"Adversity has a way of clarifying the mind, Eden." John said. "Some Ghostbusters choose the job--our Dads did. Belmont did. But sometimes, the job chooses the Ghostbusters: the Achira crisis chose Roland's team. The Bermuda Triangle chose Cousin Jen's crew. The Ravisher chose those guys in LA. That demon that tried to eat Tony Blair chose the GBUK. Zoraldo and Amot-Naphemus just chose us."

Now i fell bad for not being chosen and just showing up . T_T

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2009, 8:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, don't look at it like that. I just didn't want to sit and list every single member of every single franchise.

Just remember: picking the job puts you in the same category as the originals. That's not a bad place to be.

PostPosted: December 7th, 2009, 10:06 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
I love this story! More soon please!

PostPosted: December 8th, 2009, 9:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I've done a little bit of work on Part 6 (which should probably be the conclusion), but I really doubt it will be done until after New Year's.

The end of "Flip Side War" will be out Monday, though, for anyone who cares.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 10:41 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ghostbusters 2021: The Eye Of Aretpo, Part Six

The moment of truth. Will a new generation be up to the legacy that has been passed to them? The fate of the world depends on the answer to that question.
-----------------------------
Well, after too long a delay, I know, I've finally finished The Eye of Aretpo, the origin of the Ghostbusters of the 2020's. I'm pleased with the results, even though it took a lot longer than I ever anticipated to be finished.

Finishing "Eye of Aretpo", and the art project, allieviated some of the sense of burnout I've been feeling, but I still don't think I can make any guarantees for the next story. I'm officially taking a hiatus from Ghostbusters fic writing. I have a few non-GB fan fic ideas I may play around with (one set in particular isn't Ghostbusters, but does tie in to the Ectozone/GBOT universe). I just need a break from feeling bad when I don't churn out a new story every three weeks.

I'm not leaving the community. I'm not quitting the GBWC unless they want me to. I'm going to keep maintaining the Ectozone and GBWC.net. I'm still helping Troy keep Still Playing With Toys running unless he tells me otherwise. I'm still going to be posting and interacting. I'm just not making any promises about when the next story is coming out.

In my heart of hearts, I know that there <u>will</u> be a next story. Maybe it'll be the GB202x idea I have. Maybe it'll be a story about Ray's "missing years" in the 1990's I've been kicking around. I have the resolution of the long-running Necromancer subplot in the GBWC and the long-hinted at "Gemini Ascendant" yet to do.

I'm just not sure when.

I hope you'll all be patient. Thanks again for reading.

PostPosted: April 7th, 2010, 12:51 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

That was great Fritz :D I really enjoyed it.

Quote:
Same color with orange? We should keep an eye on this.
Yep. :lol:

PostPosted: April 8th, 2010, 8:41 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for reading and commenting.

I'd also like to thank Ghostdiva, EGB Fan, and Vincent Belmont for commenting when I sent out the beta.

PostPosted: April 9th, 2010, 5:41 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

You're welcome, you know I love those future GBs.

PostPosted: April 11th, 2010, 12:24 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Hay Fritz this was a good end to a bunch of story's. I think you got into the minds of the girls a bit better then you have in the past.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2021, 8:49 am 
Administrator
Administrator

The Future Is Now.

June 8, 2021 marks thirty-seven years since opening of the movie Ghostbusters, the singular event from which two cartoon series, numerous comic books, two more movies (with a third already in the can and ready to be released as soon as it's safe to do so), as well as various web sites like this one sprang.

But for this particular web site in particular, June 8, 2021 means the future has arrived.

Back in 2003 I wrote the fan fic Future Shocks, set not long after the RGB episode "Robo-Buster" and having a time-travel element which I used to introduce the Ghostbusters of the far-off year of 2023. In hindsight, it was basically my "mission statement"--a lot of the stories I've written since then showed just how the Ectozone universe/timeline 8932 unfolded to lead to that future. A few years later, I began the origin story of the 2023 Ghostbusters, The Eye of Aretpo. The majority of which took place on June 8, 2021.

So yeah, like I said, the Future Is Now.