It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:30 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next
PostPosted: July 12th, 2020, 7:27 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
After thinking about it some more, you could be right. It might be fake.

The supposed leak still doesn't name Celeste and Logan's characters, and I personally don't find it that plausible that

Spoiler!
Phoebe and Logan Kim's characters fall for each other.
Those kids are way too young to have a romance plot, IMO.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2020, 8:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I hope the leaks I read on GBFans aren't true.

Because if they are this movie is going to be fucking terrible.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2020, 10:19 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Fritz wrote:
I hope the leaks I read on GBFans aren't true.

Because if they are this movie is going to be fucking terrible.

Agreed. I really think it's fake though. It just seems like a rambling list of things fans have all openly speculated about already. The only new thing was the end, which I think is nonsense.

PostPosted: August 1st, 2020, 2:05 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I feel like this is all a conspiracy to drive me nuts!!!

I wish they'd at least give us a date of when to expect an update, trailer, interview, something!

PostPosted: September 9th, 2020, 7:22 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I'm so over seeing everyone say that Rick Moranis should be in this movie! I don't think he should, and more importantly, he didn't think so. There's no reason for it. It's just pandering.

Everyone is all over Twitter saying that I bet he's in there or whatever, to the point I'm worried that he will change his mind and Jason will scramble to re-edit the movie to put him in. Ugh

I'm sorry, but I didn't like Louis, I didn't like him in the first movie. If I lived next door to a guy like that, I'd move, he is beyond annoying. And don't get me started on GB2.

I hope the door has closed on Louis Tully being involved in GB.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2020, 3:50 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I think it's because it's beginning to look like Afterlife is going to follow on from and link back to the events of both GB1 & GB2 and possibly be a direct sequel to GB2. That might be where the Rick Moranis/Louis Tully comments are coming from.

This would normally fill me with dread, but actually I've been thinking about GB2 and despite the Janine/Louis stuff, she does actually say that 'motherhood is a very natural instinct', and that she 'would like a child herself'.

So, if they are going to have a direct sequel from that movie which includes direct descendents from the second movie, then apart from Dana with Oscar, the only other person in the second film who actually expresses a desire to have kids is Janine. To my mind, that's the perfect setup for her to be the grandmother in this film.

Even if Louis Tully is involved in this movie, to me it's looking increasingly like Janine might be the Grandmother, Egon is definitely the Grandfather and whatever happened after Egon passed, who knows? Maybe she got back with Louis, maybe she got together with Winston.

I just feel that if Annie Potts is being credited among the leads, then she's going to be involved in doing more than just reprising the secretarial role of Janine.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2020, 9:47 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

idk I'm just feeling soured on the whole thing, honestly.

Whatever kid Egon and Janine may have had together for this to be their family would have had to been born before GB2. Also, if it's the dad that's Spengler, then did he die? So poor Janine is going around with a son and Egon have died? Its theme is forgiveness, Did the guys do something that caused Egon and his son to be killed, and Janine has to forgive them?

I kinda don't see a lot of potential for joy in this movie, I'm not in a happy place right now. Sorry.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2020, 6:38 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

ghostdiva wrote:
Whatever kid Egon and Janine may have had together for this to be their family would have had to been born before GB2.

Yeah, I think that’s a problem. The ages of the grandkids put a spanner in the works.

But what if Janine thinks motherhood is a natural instinct in GB2, but the reality of it turns out to be a whole lot more difficult, her kid is pregnant in her teens, she goes way off the rails and become estranged from the family. They only begin to regain ties when the events of this movie happen and Callie reconnects with her mother.

Maybe where that’s where the forgiveness theme comes from.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2020, 11:35 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Egon kept her Whale Paperweight. :ej4ever:
8-)

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2020, 6:23 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I see! I want to see it as a sign. I do. But devils advocate, if they just had a moving team, or themselves had to move everything out of the firehouse all at once... But then Janine would have not taken it with her, so IDK. If she lived at the farmhouse at some point, then that would make sense.

Edit: Are those window sheers in the background? Maybe that stuff is NOT in the basement. Interesting. :D

PostPosted: September 26th, 2020, 9:58 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

ghostdiva wrote:
If she lived at the farmhouse at some point, then that would make sense.

Exactly.

If Janine brought the paperweight with her, then she lived with Egon in that house after the events of GB2.

If Egon brought the paperweight with him, considering it wasn't a piece of equipment that could be used against whatever threat is occurring in Summerville, then it was a sentimental reminder of Janine.

If either of these things are correct, then considering Janine's importance to him (to live with him/to bring a reminder of her with him), why would he have a child with some other random woman?

PostPosted: October 21st, 2020, 4:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Delayed again

Quote:
“Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” a sequel to the blockbuster comedy, will hit theaters next summer. The movie is now expected to debut on June 11, 2021 — exactly 37 years after the original.

Like nearly every film slated for 2020, Sony has hopscotched the release date for “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” multiple times during the pandemic. It was originally scheduled to open in July before it was pushed to March 5, 2021. Given the unpredictability of coronavirus and audiences’ apprehension to go to the movies amid a global health crisis, there’s no telling if the latest summer release date will stick.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2020, 9:02 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I'm still really bothered!

I just cannot fathom Egon abandoning his child and then the movie honors him. Those two things dont go together.

Also my EJ obsession is very worried.

I may need therapy before it's all over.

PostPosted: December 30th, 2020, 6:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

ghostdiva wrote:
I'm still really bothered!

I just cannot fathom Egon abandoning his child and then the movie honors him. Those two things dont go together.

Maybe someone thinks "We're going to honor Harold Ramis's memory by making his character a Deadbeat Dad who abandoned his child!!!" is funny. </sarcasm>

After all, these are most of the same people who thought whoring Janine out to Louis Tully would be side-splittingly hilarious.

:?

PostPosted: December 30th, 2020, 7:25 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Fritz, that doesn't really help me here... :(

Seriously though, Is that where you've landed on this?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next