It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:44 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 511 Next
PostPosted: December 15th, 2019, 5:30 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Woooo . i'm a ghost from the past posting again. here to spread all my bad spelling all over this bord. woooo.' lol

after seeing the trailer I had to come back on here and see what you all have been talking about.:)

to the point about forgetting the :egon: and :janine: pairing. I could have sworn i remember seeing someplace that IDW wanted to put that in the comics but they had to get the ok from sony. sony doesn't disent want to make a bit change like that at the time in the comics. I think this was back befor there was even talk of a GB2016 or even harold ramis past away.

As for IDW, i'm really backlogged on the comics. think like 3 or 4 years to catch up on. but hasn't IDW established a multiverse? so that would mean that all forms are cannon someplace.

the trailer doesn't say what grandparent egon is. we don't know if he is on the fothers side or the mother's side. i would like to think Annie potts might shop up at the end and the kidds will call her gradma.

As for the gozer stuff. I' mostly with you fritz. I will be sad if they bring Gozer back.
the speculation I have seen on some youtube videos is that maybe this is a town full of Gozer worshipers. so maybe we might just have some leftover terror dogs and cult stuff the kids have to deal with.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: December 15th, 2019, 8:08 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
The trailer was perfect. The tone, the atmosphere, the nods to the first film, and the kids are freaking adorable. 

I loved the pole, the book stacking, the equipment, the siren, the spores, molds and fungus in the petri dishes, Venkman's voice over... It was just absolutely perfect in the way it touched on so much of the original movie while looking and sounding like something completely different.

What intrigues me the most is what they seemed to be deliberately keeping from us. 

The kids are obviously Egon's grandchildren. There's no doubt about that. But I'm thinking the missing father is Egon's son. 

The teacher played by Paul Rudd asks Phoebe if their dad mentioned anything to them about the ghostbusters, and Phoebe says in kind of a sad way that it's just their mom, which seems like she's saying their mom is the only one left of her parents and she'll never get the chance to speak to her dad (Egon's son) about them. If their mother was Egon's daughter, then she'd be more positive about being able to learn about them by asking her instead.

Plus Trevor mentioned the old house being of the family name which leads me to think it's Callie's husband and not Callie who is related to Egon, unless her maiden name is Spengler because the 'family name' is obviously Spengler. 

Plus the guy who was recently announced as a member of the cast has a strong resemblance to Harold Ramis, so he might be their absent father and Egon's son. 

When Phoebe talks about their grandfather, it's as if she's listing events. There's kind of an obvious cut in her dialogue after she says "my grandfather died", as if she's mentioning other things as well. So, I'm thinking that when she continues to talk about 'picking through the rubble of his life', she's not talking about Egon's life, but her missing father's. Maybe that's why the family are broke. They relied on their husband's income to maintain their lifestyle. Maybe he was a scientist like his father, and maybe he worked with his father on something that went wrong. Maybe that's why Callie wanted to distance herself from Egon's family, because in part she blames them all for the circumstances she's in - bringing up two kids alone. But now she's broke she's got no choice but to kind of reconnect with her husband's side of the family.

I think the missing father is going to be a big part of this puzzle, and that is why the discussion seems to be around him but not centred on him.

... Which leads me to wonder what Annie Potts' role as Janine is going to be. Sure, she could be a walk-on cameo. People want to find out where the ghostbusters are, maybe Janine is the first person they'd call. Maybe they'd think she's got the contact details of everyone because she was their secretary/receptionist. But... really? What's the value in having a two-second cameo where Janine looks through her rolodex? This movie seems more involved than that.

I hesitate to say it, but I'm actually beginning to think that this movie is going to finally bring together Egon and Janine as a couple, although in a kind of melancholic way. I just can't really imagine any other way that Janine could appear in this movie unless she too is somehow related to these events - and being the secretary of the ghostbusters just doesn't seem to me to be the way she's going to be involved.

I'm not entirely sold on the idea that she'll be the grandmother, though. The timeline doesn't really help matters with that one, and from the 'thirty years ago' comment, it looks like they are keeping the events of GB2 in this timeline canon, unfortunately. I'd also assume that if Janine was a Spengler she'd also own the same property and likely be living in it, unless she's in a retirement home or something. 

However, the thing that made me think that there might actually be a possibility of Egon and Janine as a couple didn't come from this trailer, but a tweet from the official ghostbusters twitter account that they put up for Thanksgiving, the time for families to get together during the holiday season:

https://twitter.com/Ghostbusters/status ... 7266862080

I feel like if they were about to retcon or torpedo the relationship between Egon and Janine in this new movie, then why put that particular photo of Egon and Janine hugging in such a prominent place? Its not even a screencap from the movie. It feels kind of like they're trying to tell us something...

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2019, 9:23 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Quote:
As for IDW, i'm really backlogged on the comics. think like 3 or 4 years to catch up on. but hasn't IDW established a multiverse? so that would mean that all forms are cannon someplace.

Yeah. I'm going to do something with that concept here, sorta, very very soon. We're already an alternate universe anyway; I still haven't decided on what our IDW-style dimension name would be :lol:

nikki wrote:
However, the thing that made me think that there might actually be a possibility of Egon and Janine as a couple didn't come from this trailer, but a tweet from the official ghostbusters twitter account that they put up for Thanksgiving, the time for families to get together during the holiday season:

https://twitter.com/Ghostbusters/status ... 7266862080

I feel like if they were about to retcon or torpedo the relationship between Egon and Janine in this new movie, then why put that particular photo of Egon and Janine hugging in such a prominent place? Its not even a screencap from the movie. It feels kind of like they're trying to tell us something...

I hadn't seen that one...does make one think. Either it's a clue or they're trolling us.

I know I wouldn't be 100% satisfied even if Janine is the grandmother--more like only 99%--just because it makes the way she acts in GB2 even worse. But I can get over that 1%, especially if it lets someone like IDW "fill in the blanks". Though even then they'd have to blow up their own continuity, or truck in that whole asinine "One More Day" situation they planted at the end of "Mass Hysteria". Bad enough they did it once to Winston; even worse if they do it again.

But all of those answers I could deal with. I won't say finding out Egon had some other secret wife/love interest...well, I can't say it would be necessarily a deal breaker on this movie, but I can't say it wouldn't be either.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2019, 3:28 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Fritz wrote:
Quote:

Yeah. I'm going to do something with that concept here, sorta, very very soon. We're already an alternate universe anyway; I still haven't decided on what our IDW-style dimension name would be :lol:

Well technically RGB was the first one to establish that GB multiverse with the hole flip side reality. :lol:

its but i also had wanted to do a GBWC story that touched on the multiverse. with come of the teem getting sent to reality 63. also yes i would toss in a joke where the characters say " at least we didnt end up in reality 64. '

nikki wrote:
When Phoebe talks about their grandfather, it's as if she's listing events. There's kind of an obvious cut in her dialogue after she says "my grandfather died", as if she's mentioning other things as well. So, I'm thinking that when she continues to talk about 'picking through the rubble of his life', she's not talking about Egon's life, but her missing father's. Maybe that's why the family are broke. They relied on their husband's income to maintain their lifestyle. Maybe he was a scientist like his father, and maybe he worked with his father on something that went wrong. Maybe that's why Callie wanted to distance herself from Egon's family, because in part she blames them all for the circumstances she's in - bringing up two kids alone. But now she's broke she's got no choice but to kind of reconnect with her husband's side of the family.

I think the missing father is going to be a big part of this puzzle, and that is why the discussion seems to be around him but not centred on him.

... Which leads me to wonder what Annie Potts' role as Janine is going to be. Sure, she could be a walk-on cameo. People want to find out where the ghostbusters are, maybe Janine is the first person they'd call. Maybe they'd think she's got the contact details of everyone because she was their secretary/receptionist. But... really? What's the value in having a two-second cameo where Janine looks through her rolodex? This movie seems more involved than that.

I hesitate to say it, but I'm actually beginning to think that this movie is going to finally bring together Egon and Janine as a couple, although in a kind of melancholic way. I just can't really imagine any other way that Janine could appear in this movie unless she too is somehow related to these events - and being the secretary of the ghostbusters just doesn't seem to me to be the way she's going to be involved.

I'm not entirely sold on the idea that she'll be the grandmother, though. The timeline doesn't really help matters with that one, and from the 'thirty years ago' comment, it looks like they are keeping the events of GB2 in this timeline canon, unfortunately. I'd also assume that if Janine was a Spengler she'd also own the same property and likely be living in it, unless she's in a retirement home or something.

Here is what I was thinking about that. I think you are right the trailer is not telling us something but I also think it is telling us something.

its sort point the point I made in may last post about a gozer cult.

you might have to ask your self why would Egon have all his stuff hidden in an underground secret bunker.

it remind me of gravity fall a bit. I'm thinking that maybe Egon came here to investigate the strange ogin on but ran into a gozer cult. hens why he would have to hid all his tech and gear. it might even something that might have been so dangerous he told Janine stay way.

that would explain why she isn't there.

I'm also getting the idea that maybe the mom is a skeptic and doesn't believe in ghosts and stuff. per haps its a point of contention with her and the husband. Which make me think that dad was egon's { and fingers crossed } Janine's kid. I would like to think any kid of Egon and Janine would be a firm believer in ghosts. This would also explain why Janine isnt there. the mom just doesn't want's anything to do with her husband's family but has to out of necessity.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2019, 4:47 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Well, idk guys. I kinda feel like people are seeing what they want to see. If you go through all of the known facts, like read Ghostbusters wiki with no spoilers, it doesn't seem to be what we think.

I think it's about Peter and Danas grandkids, Dana also has dark curls. All the GB stuff is in that house, not just Egons. Maybe they were all there researching the mines and Ray did something wrong that killed Egon and Peter, because Bill wants to be a ghost, and that's where the GB fit in. There's a ton of mention of Sigourney and Bill and Dan. Sigourney had multiple shoot days, seemingly by herself. She may be grandma.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2019, 5:23 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

ghostdiva wrote:
Well, idk guys. I kinda feel like people are seeing what they want to see. If you go through all of the known facts, like read Ghostbusters wiki with no spoilers, it doesn't seem to be what we think.

I think it's about Peter and Danas grandkids, Dana also has dark curls. All the GB stuff is in that house, not just Egons. Maybe they were all there researching the mines and Ray did something wrong that killed Egon and Peter, because Bill wants to be a ghost, and that's where the GB fit in. There's a ton of mention of Sigourney and Bill and Dan. Sigourney had multiple shoot days, seemingly by herself. She may be grandma.

I couldn't rule that out either. They seem to be strongly hinting that they're Egon's family...but yeah, not impossible they're misdirecting us big time.

Honestly, I think I could handle them being Venkmans better than the "Grandma is Egon's secret wife/lover that was never ever mentioned" hypothesis.

I guess we'll find out in about seven months (tops, barring spoiler leaks).

PostPosted: December 16th, 2019, 6:59 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

ghostdiva wrote:

I'm only going by what's in the trailer and it seems to me to be heavily pointing towards Egon's paternity with the 'Spengler' jumpsuit and the spores, molds & fungus petri dishes. They purposefully made Mckenna Grace look way too much like a mini-Egon for her character to be related to anyone else IMO.

TBH, if the movie is all about Dana, Oscar and Venkman again then I'm going to be disappointed. They've already done that twice before, and repeating almost the same storyline but with Oscar's kids seems reductive.

Fritz wrote:
I know I wouldn't be 100% satisfied even if Janine is the grandmother--more like only 99%--just because it makes the way she acts in GB2 even worse. But I can get over that 1%, especially if it lets someone like IDW "fill in the blanks". Though even then they'd have to blow up their own continuity, or truck in that whole asinine "One More Day" situation they planted at the end of "Mass Hysteria". Bad enough they did it once to Winston; even worse if they do it again.

Lol. Yeah, if this film rolls out with an Egon/Janine relationship somewhere then IDW will have some serious catching up to do... :lol:

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2019, 11:08 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

fond this online. makes the trailer so much better.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2020, 8:05 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

So I was thinking about the illusive addition of Oliver Cooper to the cast... No idea what he does in the movie.

I was trying to see if I could find ANYTHING about it, and I found this:
https://geektyrant.com/news/2011/9/15/john-hodgman-playing-egons-son-in-ghostbusters-3.html

To put in a note, this was from 2011. But it could be a leftover concept that they reused.

So, After reading this article I was thinking:

Spoiler!
What if those two actors fell through and they cast Oliver Cooper after this? Because deadbeat implies he would be the ex husband of Callie and the kids dad.

It also kind of explains why Janine is not around. If it was an ugly divorce and she sided with her son. Also the ghost whisperer thing sounds a lot like Egon's ghost hunting side and Janine's 'I'm usually very psychic' side, idk...had a baby? lol Maybe Egon comes to his son and warns him that his kids are in over their heads and he brings the team in to save the day?

IDK. I'm just trying to work this all out in my head

PostPosted: March 31st, 2020, 9:31 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Not unexpected. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Afterlife (like a lot of movies) has been pushed back. March 5, 2021 is the new scheduled release date:

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/morb ... 203549616/

PostPosted: April 1st, 2020, 3:23 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

No surprise really. For those folks who thought it would be better if the film came out in October/Halloween time - nope. I'll tell you why.

First things first, the best case scenario here is that things will calm down by the end of June. That's being optimistic, in my view, but still. When this dies down, they are going to be very, very careful about opening stuff up again. Look for the concept of social distancing to go on at least through the remainder of summer. Are they gonna open up movie theatres yet? Considering the fact you've got to sit in an enclosed space with people close to you for over an hour, I'm thinking no freaking way.

Now comes autumn, and the colds and flu season. Mix that in with another possible coronavirus upswing, and hey, we're back into lockdown again. Right where some folks are thinking Ghostbusters: Afterlife would be better to come out.

I mean, even March 2021 is kind of risking it to be honest. We'd only barely be getting out of the colds/flu season, and I doubt a vaccine would be really ready until middle of next year at the earliest. Reopening movie theatres will be a slow, slow process because of what I said before - enclosed space, and a lot of folks sitting close together for over an hour.

It's disappointing, but I'd personally rather go see this film in a movie theatre without the cloud of worry hanging over me that I'll catch something nasty if someone in the sixth row has a coughing fit.

I'm not going to trivialise this thing - it's as dangerous as it gets. Stay home, stay safe. Trust me when I say you do NOT want to be hooked up to a ventilator in ICU. I know someone who was and it's an absolute nightmare to recover from. The doctors and nurses are the angels of this world and in times like these they need all the help and support they can get, so stay home and stay safe.

On a lighter note, it is a perfect opportunity to catch up on writing/reading fanfic, re-watching the movies again, playing the computer games and reading the IDW comics.

I'd also like to make a gentle plea to the guys at Sony, if they are out there listening. Much as I love the fact that the new film is keeping all its details close to its chest, I think, considering all that is happening, that it might be lovely if we could get maybe some tiny hints or details about this new film, like some more character names (we don't know what Logan Kim or Celeste O'Connor's characters are called yet still) or maybe some more still images that have no context whatsoever. Something for us to ponder over during these difficult days, weeks and months ahead.

Keep safe, guys. Stay home.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2020, 2:02 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Taking a look at the official cast list on ghostbusters.com, I notice that Annie Potts and Ernie Hudson are featured pretty highly. That corresponds with the cast listing on the-numbers.com cast listing where Annie is on the list of supporting cast members with Celeste and Logan while the other OG busters and Sigourney Weaver are on the cameo list.

Does anyone think this has any significance? Do you think Annie is going to feature more prominently in the movie? It might lend more weight to the possibility that she could be the kids' grandmother.

I love that Ernie is listed quite highly. He should have had a much bigger role in both GB1 and GB2 in my opinion, so I really hope GB:Afterlife does something to remedy that.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2020, 12:17 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I REALLY hope it means just that Nikki!

I am also VERY curious about the "Elton" I've seen listed for Oliver Cooper. I saw an interview where he said he was only filming for 2-3 days, so idk, but I still think it makes more since if he is Egon's son and the kid's dad. Maybe he filmed a flashback of him disappearing? IDK

I really need details, I look and look and look.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2020, 9:52 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

So...
The official ghostbusters page on Sony now lists he following as primary cast:

Carrie Coon
Finn Wolfhard
McKenna Grace
Annie Potts
Ernie Hudson and
Paul Rudd
If the are listing in order of importance... Janine is 4th! Interesting!

PostPosted: May 1st, 2020, 4:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

ghostdiva wrote:
So...
The official ghostbusters page on Sony now lists he following as primary cast:

Carrie Coon
Finn Wolfhard
McKenna Grace
Annie Potts
Ernie Hudson and
Paul Rudd
If the are listing in order of importance... Janine is 4th! Interesting!

I'm...I'm really really trying to not read too much into that and get my hopes up.

But I'm not completely succeeding.

It DOES feel strange to not see Dan Aykroyd on that list, though (He IS listed as an Executive Producer).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 511 Next