It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:09 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: December 12th, 2018, 3:31 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Scorpio
Tom Waltz posted some teasers on his twitter feed. One of them shows the Prime Team in a weird tornado.
https://www.twitter.com/TomWaltz/status ... 5730847745

PostPosted: January 31st, 2019, 6:10 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
https://mobile.twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1090800564873584640

Did anyone notice this little gem! Looks like Egon and Janine, off duty, at the zoo?

And this may be the first time we've ever seen Egon on a cell phone...

PostPosted: January 31st, 2019, 6:23 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
ghostdiva wrote:

Did anyone notice this little gem! Looks like Egon and Janine, off duty, at the zoo?

And this may be the first time we've ever seen Egon on a cell phone...

As I've more-or-less said before, I've basically given up on the IDW-verse versions. But they'll buy back a lot of good will if they let the EGB versions be presented as an Official Item, since they basically were by the end of that series.

Give us a little crumb here, GhostCorps. If you won't let it happen in the "real" universe, at least give us this "old" one.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2019, 6:59 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I agree Fritz! 100%

Give us this universe.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2019, 3:01 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
ghostdiva wrote:

I seriously love that teaser panel. Coloured I would imagine it would look pretty gorgeous. 

I'm really looking forward to the EGB issue of the 35th Anniversary. With Tim Lattie as the artist I was hoping that we might get to see Egon and Janine together on-panel a few times.

Fritz wrote:
As I've more-or-less said before, I've basically given up on the IDW-verse versions. But they'll buy back a lot of good will if they let the EGB versions be presented as an Official Item, since they basically were by the end of that series.

Give us a little crumb here, GhostCorps. If you won't let it happen in the "real" universe, at least give us this "old" one.

I also agree with this.

Sad as it is, it seems to me that having Janine change jobs closed the door on the possibility of that relationship ever happening in the Prime universe.

It will be interesting to see how the 35th Anniversary EGB issue's creative team take their relationship.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2019, 12:21 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Omg,omg,omg

https://twitter.com/writerjimbeard/status/1091441403744436225?s=20

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2019, 8:32 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

ghostdiva wrote:

Oh. My. God.

I was already looking forward to the EGB issue, but this has boosted my enthusiasm beyond measure.
With this and the new film coming up I'm dying. I have gone beyond. 

:mrgreen: 8-)

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2019, 9:49 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I changed the topic title now that we know more.

nikki wrote:
ghostdiva wrote:

Oh. My. God.

I was already looking forward to the EGB issue, but this has boosted my enthusiasm beyond measure.
With this and the new film coming up I'm dying. I have gone beyond. 

:mrgreen: 8-)

:-o :-D :ej4ever:

I think at this moment I'm FAR more enthused about the comic than the movie.

And here are the solicitations from Diamond:

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB190638

Quote:
FEB190638
(W) Erik Burnham (A/CA) Dan Schoening
The 35th Anniversary of the Ghostbusters is upon us! Let's celebrate with four spooktacular weekly comics featuring different Ghostbuster teams in all-new standalone adventures!
First out of the Firehouse are the original 'busting team of Peter, Winston, Egon and Ray, who have seen a lot of things during their time as paranormal investigators, but the latest case might just turn history on its head! Could it be that they've found proof of... Atlantis? It's a case full of saltwater and slime with the ORIGINAL GHOSTBUSTERS!
In Shops: Apr 03, 2019
SRP: $3.99

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB190640

Quote:
FEB190640
(W) Cavan Scott (A/CA) Marcelo Ferreira
THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS keep losing business to a flashy new rival ghost-catching company: SPOOKS AWAY! They seem to have better gear, better threads... better everything! In fact, Spooks Away seems determined to ruin the RGB. But there's something far more sinister than a hostile takeover going on here, and it's up to Ray Stantz to go undercover to find out who-or what-is behind Spooks Away's sudden rise to supernatural elimination superstardom.
The Real Ghostbusters in an all-new original adventure by the 'busterific creative team of Cavan Scott (Star Wars Adventures) and Marcelo Ferreira (Back to the Future)!
In Shops: Apr 10, 2019

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB190644

Quote:
FEB190644
(W) Jim Beard, Keith Dallas (A/CA) Tim Lattie
Some people wish for the ability to fully communicate with the animals around us, but when the furry, feathered, and finny inhabitants of the Central Park Zoo star talking and demand their release, the people of New York just wish they'd shut up! Egon Spengler and his EXTREME GHOSTBUSTERS race to answer the call, unaware of one creature's fiendish plot to control the possessed animals and drive them to attack humanity in revenge for their incarceration.
The Extreme Ghostbusters in an all-new original adventure by the mega-extreme creative team of Jim Beard & Keith Dallas (Ghostbusters Con-volution) and Tim Lattie (Ghostbusters: Crossing Over)!
In Shops: Apr 24, 2019

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB190642

Quote:
FEB190642
(W) Devin Grayson (A/CA) S. L. Gallant
Do demons get visitation rights? That's the question facing a harried young mother as she tries to accommodate a stream of otherworldly visitors intent on paying their respects to her half-demon toddler. When the ghosts begin to herald the arrival of the girl's father-rumored to be a class 7 entity-Mommy knows who she has to call: The ANSWER THE CALL GHOSTBUSTERS! Erin, Abby, Patty, and Holtzman find themselves mediating the custody battle from hell... and it's a scorcher!
The Answer the Call Ghostbusters in an all-new original adventure by the slimerific creative team of Devin Grayson (Nightwing) and SL Gallant (G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero)!
In Shops: Apr 17, 2019

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2019, 10:59 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Happy belated New Year, Ectozoners! Sorry about the radio silence, life got in the way. The wrong way....

And from the looks of all these EGB teasers, looks like Happy early Birthday to me and nikki!

And, what have we here from the ATCverse? Raven from Teen Titans?

PostPosted: February 7th, 2019, 3:15 am 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

ghostdiva wrote:

Okay I was already looking forward to this Mini-Series but now I'm really hyped. :ej4ever:

PostPosted: February 7th, 2019, 8:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Marie wrote:
ghostdiva wrote:

Okay I was already looking forward to this Mini-Series but now I'm really hyped. :ej4ever:

Quote:
What's Ectozone's Twitter handle?

I technically have one, but I never use it. He'd be more than welcome on this board, of course--Erik Burnham and Tristan Jones have visited in the past.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2019, 9:41 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Spook Central Preview for Ghostbusters 35th: (IDW) Ghostbusters

I'm...not sure I can handle this. An IDW Ghostbusters story without an interdimensional crossover? They have to be baiting us. My Little Pony or Uncle Scrooge will show up before the end of it, right?

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2019, 8:00 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Wow, it felt strange reading this with only the original four and Janine.... But I LOVED it.

Spoiler!
The callback to Winston's interview was a nice touch of nostalgia.

Egon keeps getting the rough end of the stick with these nasties, but hey he's died already so this was no biggie, right?

That scene with him telling Janine to relax gave me goosebumps. Just the way he was looking at her... Aw. I just loved it.

The firefighters, Egon's possession, the wall of water rising behind Ray as he carries on oblivious... It was all just fantastic, really.

Janine's new role suits her well but it seems like she's not entirely happy with it, although maybe that's just my take on it.

I really, really wish it had been more than one issue, but I'll take what I can. :lol:

Looking forward to the 35th Anniversary EGB issue.
I'm so excited... :D

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2019, 3:20 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

This was indeed a welcome respite from all the crossovers....until the Transformers crossover arrives. I mean, I like Transformers, but really, another crossover?! Next thing you know, they'll be doing a Jem crossover in which Synergy is a ghost! Oh great, I jinxed it....

Anyhow, I dislike the fact that it had 20 pages, which made the Poseidon meeting anticlimactic. But they did great enough with what they had.

Janine sure looks like she's enjoying her new job....'s added salary. But she's def doing her job well, as always. I really wish her mini-convo with Egon was with both of them in the same panels though.

Someone please tell me that Egon lately becoming the target of a lot of ghostly beat-ups is a lead-up to....Oh, I dunno, something?

PostPosted: April 5th, 2019, 6:41 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Spook Central preview for Ghostbusters 35th: Real Ghostbusters

Spoiler!
Since it IS the RGB timeline, I wonder if anybody will go "This is like Ghosts R Us and Robo-Buster all over again!!!

The very familiar feeling plot (we saw it a third time in the IDW series with the Ghost Smashers) is the only complaint I have so far.