PostPosted: May 23rd, 2018, 4:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN180688

Quote:
JUN180688
(W) Erik Burnham (A/CA) Dan Schoening
The Ghostbusters need every missing ghost back to properly recalibrate their rapidly malfunctioning containment unit, and so far, they've recaptured them all! But this time, something stands in their way-and his name is Louis Tully! The Ghostbusters mega crossover event continues here!
In Shops: Aug 29, 2018
SRP: $3.99

Ungh. Just when I was starting to care about this series, they drop Louis into it? :roll:

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2018, 10:37 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
Still picking my jaw off the floor. Good grief, Tiamat really is doing a number on everyone!!

PostPosted: May 24th, 2018, 1:50 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Of course.
Tiamat's back and Dana's made an appearance already. It makes sense.

Fritz wrote:
Ungh. Just when I was starting to care about this series, they drop Louis into it? :roll:

Ron Alexander and Louis Tully. The two characters I care the least about. You can imagine my enthusiasm.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2018, 3:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

:hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

It's a horrible thought I had when I was half asleep last night.

They pointed out "Janine fretting about the future" back in the solicitations for Crossing Over #2...

Now they're bringing back Louis Tully...

Ungh, I can't even complete the thought without throwing up in my mouth.

:puke:

I don't believe that Erik Burnham and IDW are that stupid. But what if somebody at Ghostcorp or Sony is?!

Ungh I hate my brain sometimes...

PostPosted: May 30th, 2018, 5:10 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Fritz wrote:
:hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

It's a horrible thought I had when I was half asleep last night.
They pointed out "Janine fretting about the future" back in the solicitations for Crossing Over #2...
Now they're bringing back Louis Tully...
Ungh, I can't even complete the thought without throwing up in my mouth.
:puke:
I don't believe that Erik Burnham and IDW are that stupid. But what if somebody at Ghostcorps or Sony is?!
Ungh I hate my brain sometimes...

Erik and IDW (*warily side-eyes Tom Waltz, who's kinda sorta in charge of what goes into the GB pages*), I kinda sorta have my faith in. I wouldn't necessarily put it past Ghostcorps. Sony's got a history, so your worries are somewhat understandable. But don't forget the vocal fanboys
who hated ATC and also detest the idea of shipping in the GB fandom. Case in point, a video I found a while back of one so-called "fan" complaining about E/J. But I digress.

I've been trying to look at it positively (Which must be grating on every active user's nerves, I'm sorry). Perhaps this means Janine's gonna do something big in this arc? Perhaps she'll face Tiamat? Ooh, that would be epic. And maybe, this wouldn't necessarily be the Prime Louis. It could be a Louis from another dimension (Which is still barf), seeing as the projection of Dana that appeared in Peter's head looked the way she did when she met Peter. And was just that: a projection.

Also, there the caption on this tweet from Waltz. At a glance it looks like a reminder that the next issue will be out next Wednesday. But to me, it looks like there's an implication that Janine's gonna be doing something huge out in the field ("You think you know, but you won't know until you know! Just ask Janine Melnitz!"), unless I need to throw away my current pair of glasses. Janine's gonna be following her own "white rabbit," my gut instinct tells me.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2018, 6:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, I know...I really don't think my puke-inducing idea is going to happen. As the saying goes, "Happiness shared is doubled, sorrow shared is halved" or somesuch. So if I share this horrific misfiring of bad neurons, it'll be reduced and eliminated.

I've liked this story more than I expected to, but there's plenty of time for it to nosedive. I hope it doesn't. But anything close to what my fevered brain conjured up and I definitely quit IDW's Ghostbusters forever.

PostPosted: June 1st, 2018, 9:19 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

I hear ya, Fritz, but the irrational worry thought I've had for over a year and a half just might take the cake....Janine getting noticed by Egon after becoming a ghost. If that happens, I'd cancel IDW.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2018, 7:42 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Relevant to this thread AND this issue: Rachel Unglighter from Displaced Aggression is coming back. Since Louis is in the same issue, I say they should hook up.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2018, 8:23 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

HauntedWallflower wrote:
Relevant to this thread AND this issue: Rachel Unglighter from Displaced Aggression is coming back. Since Louis is in the same issue, I say they should hook up.

I'm all for it!!! :twisted:

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2018, 6:34 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Issu preview of Crossing Over #6

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2018, 9:06 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Can't wait for Rachel Unglighter. Not looking forward to Louis' dimensional counterpart or if it will be revealed that Ron will survive after all.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2018, 9:33 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I'm worried about Egon. :-? :-? :(

PostPosted: September 5th, 2018, 6:22 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Virgo
Spoiler!
I'M SCREAMING. GARRETT KICKING DEMON BUTT, EDUARDO GIVING DEATH HARD TIME AND A HALF AT TRYING TO WIN EGON'S SOUL, LOUIS TULLY IN A DISCO-ESQUE OUTFIT, EGON LEGIT ALMOST DYING. I CAN'T EVEN.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2018, 7:16 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Spoiler!
Yikes.

It doesn't look good for Egon. 

Someone should give Janine some grenades to throw around, if that's what it takes for Egon to propose... :lol:

I'm not gonna lie - those ball traps seem kinda neat. Heck of a lot more portable, too. 

I loved seeing Garrett prove how mentally strong he is to fight the Manitou. A classic case of appearances being deceptive as the Manitou chose Garrett thinking he was weak, and completely underestimated him. 

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2018, 8:06 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Spoiler!
nikki wrote:
Someone should give Janine some grenades to throw around, if that's what it takes for Egon to propose... :lol:

Funny you should say that, cos I have a good feeling about that remark. Gut instinct, if you will. Perhaps she'll be the one to throw that orb at Tiamat? The one Rachel gave Ray? But I swear, if Burnham et al forget the gris-gris....

I believe in Eduardo, he always was a wild card. I still remember that episode with the Runes and the big-headed guy on a palanquin. Eddie remembered the last part of the incantation when Kylie got stuck. I'm rooting for him.

And GO! Garrett!

LOL at the part in the PCOC file about the Sanctum team where it says that the Primes got an ego boost out of seeing how time has been kind to their counterparts.

Oh and Happy (belated) Birthday again CC.