It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:47 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: January 25th, 2015, 7:45 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
I've sometimes wondered about creating an Extreme Ghostbusters fan site all of my very own. After we watched EGB recently and then discussed possible season 2 ideas, my brother asked if I was going to write a virtual season, and I said I would if he helped me (which is exactly what happened with Blazing Dragons, linked in my signature). That's not a promise, mind you - but since I've got some really quite important work to do at the moment, I started messing about with ideas for this instead of doing it.

So, I've been in my Weebly account and created the basic outline for a website. I was surprised that they let me create a third free site, actually - I guess they must have changed their rule? Anyway. I must warn you that there is absolutely nothing there beyond what you can see. If you click the links, you'll get blank pages.

So then why am I linking it now? Well, I'm fairly hopeless at web design really, which means a) any feedback/advice/ideas/encouragement would be welcome at this early stage and b) I spent such a long time creating the page header (mostly figuring out how), I simply had to show it to someone to make it worthwhile. Someone besides Jake. Who thinks it's hilarious. So do I, but possibly we are deluding ourselves. (It came about because we were wondering how much Jake's name should be included in what will be mostly my work...)

LINK

Planned pages are subject to change; I don't know when or how often updates will be, and I'm not even going to promise that the virtual season will happen. Nevertheless, I'll keep you posted whenever I do manage to add anything to this currently nothing of a website.

Yikes, I feel super nervous now... :oops: :cry:

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: January 25th, 2015, 8:25 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Lol...it's been a long time since I started a new web site...but I do remember how nervous I was. the biggest one was when I introduced the Ectozone--I was just a loudmouth newbie with a timeline. Why in the hell would anyone want to see any of that?

The "outline" (the list of pages you plan to do) looks like a good framework to start with.

I don't have any more specific comments/ideas/suggestions yet, but if/when I do, I'll definitely let you know!

:)

PostPosted: February 13th, 2015, 1:51 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Okay! Click the link now, and you'll find I've been padding out some of the framework. In fact I'll post another link, in case you can't be bothered to scroll up: LINK

I've written some spiel on the homepage, which is subject to change - I just wanted to have something there - but it may stay as it is. I've written 'coming soon' on most pages :D - and given an explanation or two of what is set to appear in 'Fun Stuff'. Most significantly, the character profiles are all written. I may decide they're awful and change them, but hopefully not.

Since I put copyrighted images all over the Blazing Dragons website with no trouble, I expect I'll put a few on this one to brighten it up a bit, but actually finding good ones is more difficult than you might expect! I'm hoping to put some with the character profiles, but they're not there yet - it's just all sort of black and grey right now. :roll:

So, feedback welcome, of course. I am no web designer! (Good old Weebly. :P )

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 14th, 2015, 10:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Fansites have been decorating with official/copyrighted artwork since...well, since the internet started. As long as you aren't trying to make money off it, and post some little disclaimers (ie the "Legal Stuff that's Boring Unless You're Louis Tully..." stuff on my main page) it's usually enough to keep out of trouble.

Anything I have you might want to use, just let me know.
:)

PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 8:36 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Thanks for jollying me along, Fritz, and the advice. :) I don't actually know what you have that I might like to use - but in fact I've been pinching most of my screen caps from a German dub on Youtube, which has the best quality video I have ever seen! (My avatar came from there a short while ago.) Unfortunately there are a few episodes missing, but I've managed to get pretty much all I want from somewhere or other.

I've been working on the website a lot over the last few days (I'm off work for a week). Links are now up, and if someone impartial could check them for me, that would be great; I've completed and decorated the character profiles, and geeked myself almost to death with the shippers' page (even if no one else ever reads it, at least Jake found in interesting!). :geek:

We've also got ideas for fifteen virtual season fanfics (seven to be written by me, six by Jake and we'll collaborate on the two-part finale). Many of these ideas aren't developed much, and some hardly at all, but all the same I'm so excited about it that I made a dropdown menu of working titles. The first two episodes are to be written by me, and I hope to get the first done by the end of the school Easter holidays (when I'll be off work again); then it'll be eligible for the fanfiction forum at gbfans.com, and I can see if anyone else gives a darn. :P

Still to be completed are the episode guide, which I'm putting off because it's not going to be exactly fun, and 'Fun Stuff' which needs some work and collaboration.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 28th, 2015, 7:15 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Well, besides the virtual season, everything so far planned has been completed.

Brand new pages (since my last update) are Episode Guide and both items so far in Fun Stuff.

I've also made some tweaks to the front page message, and added to the Shippers' Page in dribs and drabs as I've been noticing things whilst watching the series. My description of that page as 'the most enormous geek-out' is really very accurate! :roll:

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 12:26 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Looking real good, and reminding me I really need to overhaul the EGB page of the Timelline sometime. :lol:

Unless you tell me not to, there'll be a link to your site added to my links page when I update the site Tuesday.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2015, 7:37 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

The fan site looks great! I'm extremely excited about the virtual season; that's a really good idea. :D

This is just an suggestion, but a "Fan" section might be nice where you link to your fan fictions? Since it is technically all fan, I'm not sure it would be necessary to label it as such...but a list of your fan fictions in chronological order would be very nice to have (if there's already a list, I haven't been able to find it, unfortunately). I've read your fantics on ff.net and I always end up skipping around a lot trying to find the correct order.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2015, 8:35 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Thank you, Shina, for your kind comments. I hadn't really planned to link my GBOT and other fanfics; I suppose it just feels tidier to keep this new venture separate, and of consistent quality i.e. hopefully better than some of my earlier attempts (it's wonderful that people have enjoyed them, and I do think my love of the show and some interesting ideas have held those stories up - it's just that I see things wrong with them as well, now that I'm older).

Since you cared enough to ask, though, sometime I'll try to get up a chronological list in the 'EGB Fan's Stories' thread. You're right - there isn't one anywhere else.

Fritz, thanks for linking the site. I would expect nothing less, after I not only linked this place but said you were lovely as well. ;) If you're really going to overhaul the EGB page of the timeline, let me know if you need any help. I mean, I recently watched the series through twice so my website would be as full and accurate as possible! (Well, I missed out 'Witchy Woman' the second time. Ugh.)

Shina again - thanks for your encouragement with the virtual season. I'm excited too,* and I also happen to think it's a good idea (well, I'd have to), even if we're not the first (or the hundredth) people to think of a fan season! Jake (whose stories I'm sure you'll like, because he has a wonderful ear for dialogue and wrote at least as well as I did on our Blazing Dragons fan season, probably you've never heard of that show) told me he'll have episode 3 done by the end of the Easter holidays i.e. April 19th, which means I'll ideally have episodes 1 and 2 written by then - so I've made a start on episode 1 this week.

Copying the style of an EGB episode is proving more challenging for me than the way I'm used to writing (and more so than copying the style of a Blazing Dragons episode), but it'll be okay. ;)

*Jake's brief explanation of what he wants to do for episode 13 has got me particularly excited - hopefully we'll have that by the end of the summer! The episode I'm most excited about writing myself is number 8. Now probably it won't come together as I'm hoping at all... :?

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: March 20th, 2015, 9:57 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Updates!

I've created a new page in 'Fun Stuff', I Also Like..., in which I bang on about a few other kids' TV shows I watched and make tentative comparisons to EGB.

Episode 1 of the virtual season is in the checking stages, and will be released in a matter of days. Also, Jake is zipping through what was to be episode 3 so fast that it is now to be episode 2, and is likely to appear in a matter of weeks at most. (He wants to be working on something else over the Easter holidays - that's why. :roll: )

When next I watch EGB, I'm going to make a note of all the classes they say they take and then turn this information into a 'Fun Facts' page. Any other ideas/requests for Fun Facts, please let me know. 8-)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

Post subject: Re: EGB Fansite
PostPosted: May 11th, 2015, 11:55 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Just published an interview with Fil Barlow, whom I got in touch with via DeviantArt: http://egbfans.weebly.com/fil-barlow-interview.html

The questions are very open, because the thing that bugs me about many fan interviews is getting bogged down in specifics and personal opinions. It seems Fil didn't want to go into a lot of detail, but there's some interesting stuff nonetheless.

I feel I must let you know that the 'our very own EGB Fan' thing in the introduction is a private joke to amuse my brother and a friend of ours. Just ignore!

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

Post subject: Re: EGB Fan Site
PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 8:24 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Late last night, when I should have been going to bed, I had an overwhelming urge to put together a page called Eduardo's Apartment. As far as I'm concerned, this qualifies for the 'Fun Stuff' section along with items such as I Also Like, to which I recently added a passage about 'Hey Arnold' (complete with EGB, and even a small RGB, comparison).

Next year, I'm hoping to lay on one or two special items for EGB's twentieth anniversary. I have only vague ideas at present, so if you happen to have any suggestions, please let me know. :)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: September 1st, 2017, 11:00 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Gemini
To celebrate the twentieth anniversary of Extreme Ghostbusters airing on US television for the first time, here is a brand new piece of 'Fun Stuff' to enjoy, Our Timeline. This includes the original EGB series, with our take on the sequence of events, as well as our "Collinsverse" fanfiction.

This timeline is by no means complete; it will gradually gain further information over the next couple of years as more Collinsverse stories are released. Eagle-eyed readers will probably notice that the timeline gives a strong hint about when the next release will be; pretty soon there will be a more concrete announcement on this forum about what's coming up.

As for where we got the idea of creating a timeline for our fanfiction, I suppose that will probably always remain a question for the ages.

Last edited by KevinsMensPyjamas on September 29th, 2017, 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2017, 4:13 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Very nice website I like it so far. I cannot wait to read the stories and looking over the other stuff on it.

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2017, 6:13 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

What interesting revelations people can find on this timeline and nowhere else - our maiden name for Beth, for instance. It was quite a round-about way that we came up with that one. :D

I think this is a very appropriate and useful addition to the website. I still can't decide whether it needs any decoration. When I've got nothing in particular to do, I really must have a play around with some pictures and see if it looks good or not...

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3