All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Re: EGB Fan Season
PostPosted: November 21st, 2015, 11:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
EGBFan wrote:
Episode 11: Halloween Party, by me.

Celebrations are on at the firehouse, but Eduardo and Roland have other things to do. Then suddenly they find themselves in the middle of a TV special come to life, and must battle through chaos to get to that party. Their teammates, however, are not exactly themselves.

Coming soon:
Episode 12: Memento Mori, also by me.

I admit, I never watched much of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and hadn't seen the episode referred to, though Jason did a GBWC story with a similar concept. The characters didn't think they were the characters they were portraying, though.

Anyway...

Boy, Kylie's starting to get less and less opaque about her feelings for Eduardo here. Knowing he watches Buffy and choosing Buffy as her costume, and pretty clearly getting disappointed that they can't spend much alone time together because plot happens...yeah, somebody's gonna have to notice that soon. :lol:

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2015, 6:33 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Fritz wrote:
I admit, I never watched much of Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

So, you admit it!

I watched every episode of Buffy when it aired, and I had such a crush on Spike (even in spite of the dodgy accent), but I hadn't thought about the show much lately until I saw a few episodes (including the '97 Halloween episode) on cable within the last few years. I tried and tried to think of a more original Halloween plot for this virtual season, but the time comes when you just have to give in to these things. :D

Quote:
Boy, Kylie's starting to get less and less opaque about her feelings for Eduardo here.

Whilst writing this one, I remarked to Jake, 'I seem to have Kylie in heat.' We're both keen that they should make progress, and this whole thing just made sense to me, since Eduardo's too scared to make a move without a clear signal. You might have noticed that the series is somewhat serialised. Well, the next episode very much follows on from this one. You're excited now, right? :lol:

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: December 9th, 2015, 12:25 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Episode 12: A Clash of Symbols, by me.

Eduardo is keen to avoid Kylie after their Halloween adventure, but they are forced to work together the very next morning when a demonic disturbance occurs at the Day of the Dead celebration. As the case goes on into the night, Eduardo is still not keen to talk, but Kylie can see that his thoughts are running deep.

Coming soon:
Episode 13: Carried Away, by Jake.
(But in fact, this title is likely to change as well.)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: December 11th, 2015, 10:42 am 
Administrator
Administrator

More good fun here. The IDW gang did their own Day of the Dead issue, but other than that not really alike.

Kylie and Eduardo slowly move along; very fun to watch. The idea that Kylie will put Grandma Rose on the alter next year is very sweet and helps to illustrate the deepening bond there.

:lol: ...'You have old acquaintances in every field, don't you?' Very in character for Egon. Some of the JMS episodes heavily imply that obscure languages is one of his fields of specialization ("Jeremy says there are only three people in the world who can read this.") so, yeah, the bit about him being excited and curious about the ancient Egyptian is right up his alley.

Looking forward to the next story, whatever it ends up titled
:)

PostPosted: December 14th, 2015, 1:24 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Thank you again for your comments, Fritz. Some of the inspiration from this one came from the ancient history class I'm teaching (where I'm only one lesson ahead of the students, being an English teacher really - don't tell my boss), and the language thing came up in something I was watching on DVD recently. I don't know RGB well enough to have picked that up about Egon, but I seemed to remember you mentioning it once or twice, which is how I knew to put those lines in. ;)

Jake is working hard on episode 13, and in fact has not yet settled on a title. I hope to have that one for you soon. :)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: December 19th, 2015, 11:26 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Episode 13: Midnight at Glens Falls, by Jake.

When Kevin disappears in the middle of the night, Eduardo thinks he knows where he has gone and the demon responsible. He borrows the Ecto-1 to track his nephew down, with Kylie alongside to give both practical and moral support.

Coming soon:
Episode 14: Back in the Picture, Part 1, also by Jake.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: December 21st, 2015, 6:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Well, another enjoyable read. Jake seems to have synced into your take on Eduardo and Kylie pretty well; I almost forget I wasn't reading one of yours (and I mean that as a compliment).

I had some familiarity with Lamiae due to DnD and some of the Final Fantasy video games; cool take on them here.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2016, 7:37 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

The first of our two-part season finale is here.

Episode 14: Back in the Picture, Part 1, by Jake.

Kevin makes a new friend when Peter Venkman brings his family to New York to celebrate a special event, and the Extreme Ghostbusters are called to the city morgue to investigate a theft.

Coming soon:
Episode 15: Back in the Picture, Part 2, by me.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2016, 10:37 am 
Administrator
Administrator

EGBFan wrote:
The first of our two-part season finale is here.

Episode 14: Back in the Picture, Part 1, by Jake.

Kevin makes a new friend when Peter Venkman brings his family to New York to celebrate a special event, and the Extreme Ghostbusters are called to the city morgue to investigate a theft.

Coming soon:

Oh, very nice. Sure, there was the character development both small but large for a couple of my favorite supporting characters (in this series) but that's hardly the sum of it.

I figured the Venkman family would look very familiar (hurf hurf) and it does...I mean, after all, you had this concept of them long before me, the Timeline, and the entire "Ectozone/GBOT Fanon" came along.

A new spin on Oscar and Kevin...I realize I can't even remember them really ever interacting in GBOT Fanon.

The thought that Victor is cobbling together some kind of Frankenstein monster body for...I'll just say his patron to prevent spoilers...is positively chilling. All he needs now is a head and brain, and Victor doesn't have an Igor to screw up and drop it.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2016, 11:43 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Fritz wrote:
Oh, very nice. Sure, there was the character development both small but large for a couple of my favorite supporting characters (in this series) but that's hardly the sum of it.

Jake's chuffed that you liked it so much, Fritz. :lol:

Quote:
I figured the Venkman family would look very familiar (hurf hurf) and it does...I mean, after all, you had this concept of them long before me, the Timeline, and the entire "Ectozone/GBOT Fanon" came along.

I don't know about long before, but yeah, it always made sense to me that they'd have a second child and to all be intents and purposes a nuclear family. I got around to making Jess up shortly after I first got involved with the community and wrote some stuff, and as you know I've become very attached to her, so there it all is. I'm quite sure those characters would never have made it into a real second season of EGB, but then nor would it have explicitly mentioned the characters' ethnicity or been fifteen episodes long, y'know?

Quote:
A new spin on Oscar and Kevin...I realize I can't even remember them really ever interacting in GBOT Fanon.

It did occur to me (honest), but I never managed to give them anything story-worthy, or if they did interact briefly then I've forgotten all about it. I'm going to take a little bit of credit for this, as I actually wanted to engineer the situation of Beth finding Peter in Eduardo's apartment, and thought of Oscar going to meet Kevin as the setup. But what we've ended up with is all Jake (some of it triggered by my information about the karate, of course :D ).

Quote:
The thought that Victor is cobbling together some kind of Frankenstein monster body for...I'll just say his patron to prevent spoilers...is positively chilling. All he needs now is a head and brain, and Victor doesn't have an Igor to screw up and drop it.

Yeah, we happened to watch The Curse of Frankenstein not so very long ago, and Jake took some inspiration from there.

Part 2 is actually very nearly ready, so I'll probably release it this weekend. And if the first part was really that impressive, well then, the pressure's on! :?

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 8th, 2016, 5:44 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

As the Ghostbusters continue to investigate the morgue theft and related incidents, the thief is also investigating them. Winston and Ray join the fight to save humankind in general, and their friends in particular, all in time to celebrate the special event that they came for.

Coming soon:
Erm... :?:

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 9th, 2016, 11:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

EGBFan wrote:

As the Ghostbusters continue to investigate the morgue theft and related incidents, the thief is also investigating them. Winston and Ray join the fight to save humankind in general, and their friends in particular, all in time to celebrate the special event that they came for.

Coming soon:
Erm... :?:

Very good ending. Frankenstein [Monster Name Redacted] was just as weird and creepy as I'd hoped....and this time they unquestionably caught the damn thing.

The very ending was satisfying on multiple levels; if you don't go back to this project with a "Season Three" it was left in a good place.

Thanks to you and Jake for bringing it to us.

PostPosted: February 9th, 2016, 10:35 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
As someone who grew up watching EGB before RGB, I love your fan season. Everyone's in character and you captured the tone of the series wonderfully. :D

PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 5:03 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

HauntedWallflower wrote:
As someone who grew up watching EGB before RGB, I love your fan season. Everyone's in character and you captured the tone of the series wonderfully. :D

Thank you very much. It's always lovely to get comments. We did try hard to capture both the tone and the characterisation, so that means a lot. :)

Fritz wrote:
Very good ending. Frankenstein [Monster Name Redacted] was just as weird and creepy as I'd hoped....and this time they unquestionably caught the damn thing.

The very ending was satisfying on multiple levels; if you don't go back to this project with a "Season Three" it was left in a good place.

Thanks to you and Jake for bringing it to us.

It was our pleasure! Thanks as always, Fritz. :)

I'll tell you now that I wouldn't want to write another EGB season as such with this new status quo; it was planned as a last and final episode of the show we know and love. But then so was the end of the Blazing Dragons fan season we did in 2012, and only last year I released a double-length Christmas special to really really finish it (I wrote it while Jake was working on 'Book Smarts' and 'Stony Silence', as I recall). Now, I'm not saying there'll be a feature length EGB special in three and a half years' time. What I am saying is that there might very well be a bit more some time, in some form... ;)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3