It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:02 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: September 12th, 2007, 2:37 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I am trying to learn HTML, I just learned how to add an image as the background. I apologize if your eyes bug out at the colors, but you can now see my stories in a group setting.

Please feel free to use this thread to critique my site. Thanks.

http://www.freewebs.com/adkoh/

This little adventure of mine is all Fritz's fault BTW, he inspired me to learn some HTML so I could put links on the boards etc. :D

ghostdiva

PostPosted: September 12th, 2007, 3:23 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Hi there. I really like your site and it looks nice! Great job! :D

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: September 12th, 2007, 6:25 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
It's looking good. Heh..."The Eyes Have Her" still looks exactly like the style I used before last November.

I'm making a "stock" template for the guys at GBI, basically based off the stylesheets I use now. I'll let you know when it's done--you might find it helpful.

:D

PostPosted: September 12th, 2007, 7:15 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Quote:
Heh..."The Eyes Have Her" still looks exactly like the style I used before last November.

That's because I haven't changed it... I really like it the way it is so I just decided to leave it as a homage to you, lol.

I feel like I know nothing when I see how you put this board together. Took me 30min. to get the background picture onto my story, lol.

I'm glad you guys like it, I wanted it to look like slime. :D
ghostdiva

PostPosted: May 24th, 2009, 11:58 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

OK, I decided to write a little story about Egon's ancestor Zedikiah (from Egon's Dragon). I have been reading too many victorian romance novels and watching too much RGB and wanting too much E/J. This is the unfortunate result. It has not been beta'd and whether this is the a one shot or not will probably be determined by the reaction I get from it.

I see no reason why it can't go in the timeline. answers the fun little question I have always had, "Who in the world would marry Zedikiah?" But someone obviously did or the "loons and scoundrals" in Egon's family tree wouldn't be there, lol.

Not really GB, just RGB inspired. But I hope you like it.

Zedikiah Spengler grumbled as he made his way over to his cottage door. It was very early in the morning after what could reasonably be labeled as the longest day of his life. At the threats of all his neighbors to have the authorities involved, Zedikiah had spent more than 12 hours the following day and the days before trying to banish a creature he had awakened with what should have been a harmless musical incantation. He had then set down to dictate the strange occurrence of the last few weeks in his journal, which of course had to be written in English and then coded into his real journal ending with his burning of the original English. He had been asleep scarcely 3 hours when he heard a knock at the door.

He opened the door to find the neighboring horse ranch proprietor standing at his door. “Good morning Silas, can I help you?” Zedikiah asked as he mentally held his breath. There was, of course, still the issue of a few pure bred ponies that his ‘dragon’ had brought to him as gifts. Apparently the dragon had been wise enough to know that he wanted the gifts returned, but not smart enough to return the gifts back to the same place it came from, as a result Silas Pendergraph’s prize ponies were in ten buck two somewhere and Zedikiah had found himself surrounded by very aggravated neighbors.

“Yes, Mr. Spengler. I’ve come by to let you know that I’ve come to a settlement decision in regards to my stock.” The dark haired man sauntered into Zedikiah’s cottage and helped himself to a seat by the fireplace, not yet lit from dying out the night before.

“Oh, well, I’d be interested to know what decision you’ve come to, I understand what an inconvienence this must be for you.” Zedikiah took a deep breath to gain stamina. A lack of sleep and his natural social awkwardness weren’t helping him in this situation one bit, and from the look on Silas’ face, he hadn’t said the correct thing.

“An inconvienence. An inconvienence? Is that what label you would put on your thievery?” Silas, a man almost as tall and nearly twice as wide as Zedikiah slammed his fist on the arm of his chair; Zedikiah flinched.

Silas took a pittying look at Zedikiah, he knew thae man as well as anyone could, he had always been the odd sort, but his family’s property had always been next to his own family’s ranch. He had come from a good family but Zedikiah’s father had been strict and as a result Zedikiah had not been encouraged toward self expression or interacting with others more than was absolutely necessary. “Zedikiah, I’m here to make a proposition. Those horses, the ones that, that, thing you created took off my property, they were my second daughter’s dowry. As you know, she will be one and twenty in a few months and it will become even more unlikely that I will be able to find someone for her at that age and with no dowry. So I propose that you accept those horses that you stole as a dowry for my daughter. I think she would be good for you. She is very good in household matters, you have no maid, she can cook and clean for you, go into town for you, it would free up your time for your science.”

Silas looked at the other man pleadingly and Zedikiah had no idea what to say. “Why? Why would you give me your daughter. You just named me a thief, how could you intrust your daughter to a thief?”

“I can do so because I know that you are not really a thief. I believe, in fact, that you are an intelligent and fair man.”

The two men sat in silence as Silas’ words sank in. After an interim Zedikiah spoke, “I had not considered a wife, I have nothing to offer her.”

Silas smiled, Zedikiah was by no means what he would call a friend, but he could certainly understand him on this matter. “ In time, you will both grow accustom to one another.” Silas got up as he spoke and moved toward the door. “I will be back tomorrow to receive your decision. I can have a license within the fortnight.” He turned in the doorway to see Zedikiah trying very hard not to swallow his tongue.

“Silas, what if I don’t agree to your proposition?”

“If you don’t agree Zedikiah, I will have no choice but to involve the authorities. One way or the other I will have a dowry to give my second daughter. I already have an offer for the third and as you know it isn’t proper to allow her to wed before the older sister, then I have two more girls past that to worry of. I will see you tomorrow Zedikiah.”

Silas turned and walked through the door. Zedikiah could hear his horse gallop off before his brain could think of a reasonable response.

Some time later, Zedikiah was settled by his fire waiting on his porridge to heat when the full implications of his choices hit him. He looked around his meager cottage, at the inadequate furnishings, at all the worldly possesions he had to offer and wondered what a young woman would think to have to be dragged into this atmosphere. “Oh, crumbs.” He mumbled to himself out loud as hemade his way to his well. “Crumbs, crumbs, crumbs.”

PostPosted: May 28th, 2009, 7:56 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I know we are all Anti- double posts, but did anyone see this little short above? Lots of things got posted on this forum that day and noone commented, so I thought it might have been skipped.

PostPosted: May 28th, 2009, 9:49 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Oops...I thought I had.

It makes a lot of sense, actually. Spengler men seem to be so wrapped up in their scholarship, it would seem to take stuff like this to get many of them to procreate. Women willful and stubborn enough to put up with fifteen years of crap by choice are a very rare breed, after all.

PostPosted: May 29th, 2009, 7:48 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Honestly, those poor girls! Still, them was the times. I do admit, it would be interesting to see how the daughter reacts to all this. We don't even know her name yet, but I suppose Zedikiah does, as he is acquainted with the family.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: May 29th, 2009, 6:06 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

EGB I somehow knew that that would basically be your comment, LOL. I was looking forward to objectifying women and you not being able to protest because the story is set in the 1700s. It was honestly part of the thrill of writting it. (sorry I just can't resist ribbing ya a little)

Her name is Beatrice Irene Pendergraph, BTW, hopefully I'll have the second part up by Monday night.

I'm trying to not be so serious with this one so that I can get back into writting like I was before I got my job, so don't look for perfect grammer and spelling and such with this one, it's just for fun.

PostPosted: June 1st, 2009, 10:19 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zedikiah... Part II

Zedikiah peered over the table at Beatrice. He had been married to her for one quarter of the day and had yet to say anything to her since leaving the church. He made a mental note of how she didn’t seem to notice his lack of conversation. She was sitting on the other side of the table working on a piece of cross- stitching, looking completely unperturbed by the fact that her entire life had just changed.

Zedikiah reached up to run a hand through his beard, something he often did when in deep contimplation, and then remembered that he had shaved his face clean before the ceremony. He had made the decsion just that morning after realizing how much older than his eight and thirty years the long beard must have made him seem to young Beatrice.

He had seen Beatrice only a few times to his recollection, she was a non descript, average looking young women except for the long red hair she kept braided loosely down her back. He cleared his throat awkwardly, “Would you like for me to prepare some tea? I’m sorry that I don’t have a housekeeper to attend to such things, perhaps I will be able to arrange for one soon.”

Beatrice jumped when he spoke, she had gotten so lost in concentration counting squares and remembering her pattern that she had very nearly forgotten where she was. She had certainly forgotten what time it was. “Tea! Of course you will be wanting some tea Mr. Spengler, it is nearly mid day. I should be preparing something for the meal as well. What is it that you normally take for your meals?”

Zedikiah watched as she jumped up rambling about food. She apparently had forgotten the events earlier in the day. As he observed her moving widley about in front of the fire, starting the water for their tea, he was almost amused to see that she was anxious about the situation, when she took the time to remember the situation, that is. It was from that observation that he remembered the other thing people had said about Beatrice, she was apparently extremely one minded, not in a simple minded way, but in a well focused way. He envied that, he often wondered what kind of scientific accomplishments he could achieve if he could really focus. To block out everything else, even the need for food and sleep, long enough to get all of his thoughts in order. If he did know this trick, he might have avoided a certain problem with a dragon, as well as the costly project of digging a new well.

“Have you always had the ability to block outside influences so completely? Or is it a learned skill.” Beatrice jumped at the forward question. She had been there an entire morning, not speaking and not being spoken to, waiting on something to occur, and now she was being chastised by her new husband in the same way her father used to chastize her.

“According to my father I came into the world exactly as I am now. I grew up in a very crowded home, Mr. Spengler, nine children and not a moments piece. I expect I would never have learned to accomplish anything if not for my ability to block out distractions.”

“So it’s not something that you think you could teach a person?” Zedikiah leaned forward to retrieve his tea from the serving tray she presented to him. He looked at her, it was clear that she was confused by the question. He tried to think of another way to phrase the question when she responded.

“Well, I don’t know, I’ve never tried to. I suppose that I could attempt to explain it.” She sat down and sipped her own tea while deeply lost in thought. He knew she was trying to decide how to explain it to him and he sat there quietly waiting for what she would say.
“If I could teach you how to block out your distractions would you answer a question for me?”

Zedikiah struggled to right his thoughts, what could she possibly want to ask him? After a moments thought he decided that it couldn’t possibly be anything of any importance, a question about the rest of his family perhaps? “I supose that you would be entitled to a question or two, we are husband and wife now, you should learn what manner of family you have married into. You needn‘t teach me anything in return. Also, in the future you may call me Zedikiah, formalities are not needed in a situation such as ours.”

Beatrice tried and failed in her attempts to fight back a blush, she smiled and leaned forward as if to whisper a secret. “In that case my question is a simple one and I would be very glad for you to answer it. Are you, Zedikiah Spengler, a wizard as everyone says? Did you actually conjure a dragon?”

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2009, 11:12 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
This is clearly the work of someone who has been reading Victorian literature (or literature set in Victorian times, at least) - it certainly comes through in the narrative. Anyway, they seem to be getting on pretty well already - that's good news for the marriage.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2009, 8:22 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
That was very good. Keep up the good work! :D

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 8:43 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Hey guys! I'm trying my best to get back into writing. I had the opportunity to enter a poem into a contest for a halloween attraction...I won!

Was so excited I figured I'd post it here.

THE KINDRED SPIRIT
Lost and scared you sense your doom
for in the darkness you know it looms.
Reaching, searching in the night,
begging, pleading for dawn's light.
Tired and scared you hear your foe
scratching, climbing from below.
It glares with eyes no light can reach.
It howls and claws forward, toward the breach.
When suddenly it's arm breaks free,
fear and terror bid you, flee!
Your legs are rooted to the ground,
it jumps and makes a hell sent sound.
It's prey- your soul- within it's grasp
hissing, snarling, it's breath a rasp.
You back away and hit a wall,
it's voice, you know to others call.
Death is what you fear awaits,
it will not be satisfied 'til your life it takes.
It jumps and lunges toward you now,
a whimper....a cry... your final sound.
Your humanity comes to an end,
now, find your foe... a kindred friend.

(I was required that it rhyme, don't know why.)

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 10:33 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Neat. Very moody. Glad to hear it won for you!

PostPosted: April 15th, 2016, 10:42 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Alrighty. I didn't know where to put this so I'll leave it here.

I ship Outlander. If you don't know it that's fone, it's been around for 10 years or so. They just started the second season of it on Starz. Main characters are Claire(Stubborn Brit) and Jaime (More stubborn highlander of Viking linage) .

I tell you that much just to say that whenever I see the actors in modern clothes but their stage hair, I can't help but think this is EXACTLY what Johnathan Christopher Spengler and his not girlfriend/ TJ Anderson look like. Slap some glasses on that man and call it a day lol. He are some pics.

So, What do you think?

(Also, Fritz, you can put any of my apocrypha fics on the timeline as well if you want since you are merging the boards.)