It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:52 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1012 Next
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 4:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Okay. Long time no update. I just about wish I was unscrupulous enough to delete the previous post on this thread because it embarassingly shows how far behind I am on releasing two stories that are already written.

I don't often bring personal Real Life issues onto the boards, but I feel like I owe some explaination:

November was bad for the family. My Mom had an intestinal blockage that put her in the hospital for two months. She wasn't home for her birthday, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. She's fine now, but even after she got home there were constant appointments and follow ups that required me to drive her, and that ate into a lot of my time during February.

To top it off, in November I developed an infection in my big toe. Remembering all the drama I had to undergo back in 2004 I knew I had to get it looked at, but with all of the stuff going on with Mom, I delayed.

Anyway, at the end of November I went in, and due to that situation was in the hospital for a week myself, and spent the next six weeks going back and forth to the Orthopedics clinic.

To make matters worse, I've been dealing with a new infection from a wound that promptly developed just as the last situation was completely cleared up, and then it got infected and that has me taking an IV antibiotic three times a day.

Internet time has been somewhat curtailed. The desire to write almost obliterated. Even sitting down and coding site updates was something I had to work up to.

Fortunately, they've changed my antidepressant, and I've felt a little more energy lately.

Plus, if I announce a concrete schedule here, I'm basically forcing my future selves two and twenty days from now to live up to what I'm writing now:

"Toy Soldiers, Part Two" will be released Wednesday, April 25th. I had too many other things going on today and tomorrow to release it on a Monday, as is my tradition.

"Toy Soldiers, Part Three" will be released Sunday, May 13th, to coincide with the Ectozone's ninth anniversary.

The bad news is that for the moment that's still all I have in the queue ready to go. Ideas are always there, and if I can lick some of the other situations I'm dealing with right now, hopefully the inspiration will come.

I thank the few people still paying attention for their support and patience.
:)

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 6:46 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
Jeez, Fritz. I feel where you're coming from. I know what it's like when your parents are sick and you are taking them to and from hospital and to appointments.

No pressure coming from me, man. Take it easy. Your health is more important than anything.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 11:28 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
wow i'm sorry you had to deal with all that. just take your time and get better first.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 6:55 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Aries
Man I'm so sorry for all that you have been through in the past few months. I know how it is. Take your time and get yourself better. That is the main thing you need to worry about. Take care and feel better.

Sometimes in my job I feel just like Janine, over worked and under paid!

PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 11:39 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I am sorry to hear that you are having a rough time with things lately. I really hope everything levels out for you soon.
I greatly appreciate your dedication to the board and your fellow fans that you would even feel bad about not posting things with all that you have going on.
I am certainly eager to see your new fics but if a delay is necessary then it's necessary. Thank you for keeping us updated Fritz and I hope that you and your family are all well soon.

PostPosted: April 26th, 2012, 8:50 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Sagittarius
Well wishes for you and yours. If you need someone to run speedy editing gimme a holler.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2013, 4:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hello there?

(blows massive amounts of dust off the thread)

I hope you're all sitting down for this...

Sitting down yet?

Okay, now?

All right then.

Believe it or not, I've actually got a story done and hoping to release next week.

I should be sending the link to the beta crowd tonight or tomorrow morning.

And just remember, this is NOT April 1st. I really mean it.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2014, 8:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Okay. I know, this is really becoming an annoying annual habit, but here goes:

I have a story set to release on May 13th.

It will be the first of a multipart story, and delves into one of the last undeveloped areas of the GBOT canon.

In a bit of a nod to the thirtieth anniversary, it takes place on June 8, 1994.

I think, I really think, at least, I have enough of a tailwind that I'm going to be able to get this story done. It has no vampires in it, for one thing.

The Beta crew should get their look by Tuesday at latest.

Thanks for sticking with me.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2014, 7:01 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Enlightenment, Part Two was just finished like five minutes ago. I should be sending it out to the Beta crew within the next couple days.

I'm planning to release it on June 8, for the anniversary (If you read Part One, you know it does take place on June 8, 1994, which was also a major anniversary :lol: )

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 7:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Enlightenment, Part Three
Timeline: 1994

Next chapter will be sent to the Beta crew probably tomorrow. Scheduled release is Tuesday, July 15, 2014.

I actually have a chunk of the next chapter already done--it was a flashback sequence I was originally going to use in Part 3, but decided I was maybe skipping too much of Lizzy's apprenticeship, so I bumped it to Part 4 and wrote a new one for Part 3.

PostPosted: August 28th, 2014, 8:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Watch this space:
Enlightenment, Part Four

I just finished this chapter. I was delayed by GenCon and some other real life issues, and I apologize. The Betas should get it either tomorrow or Saturday, after I get Ogre to look over the last section.

Scheduled release is September 9, 2014.

I'm also hoping to salvage that GBWC Halloween story I started last year, and have it done for Halloween. We'll see, I guess.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2014, 11:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Watch this space:

Ghostbusters West Coast: One Froggy Halloween

The Halloween story I started then abandoned last year is done; I literally finished it last night, which means that yeah, I'm breaking most of my own guidelines on beta periods, but the seasonal nature warrants some exceptions.

Scheduled for Friday, October 31, of course.

Now to get back to work on "Enlightenment, Part Five"

PostPosted: December 11th, 2014, 10:51 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I'll go into some of the reasons it took so long when it's released (nothing earth shattering, though) but Enlightenment, Part Five is done, and the beta url will be sent to the usual suspects momentarily.

I'm tentatively scheduling it for general release December 23rd. It's not a Christmas story, but that way it sorta is. Otherwise, I may bump it back one week to December 30th.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2014, 7:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Fritz wrote:
I'll go into some of the reasons it took so long when it's released (nothing earth shattering, though) but Enlightenment, Part Five is done, and the beta url will be sent to the usual suspects momentarily.

I'm tentatively scheduling it for general release December 23rd. It's not a Christmas story, but that way it sorta is. Otherwise, I may bump it back one week to December 30th.

I decided to push this back; some Christmas season stuff has left me short on the time I need to prepare the website updates for the release, so instead of do an update on December 23 then another one on January 1 (because I always do a New Year's update of some sort) I'm combining them into one update on January 1.

So "Enlightenment, Part Five" is now scheduled for Thursday, January 1, 2015.

My beta readers may see a revised beta before then; I'm taking into account some of the comments I was given.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2015, 1:19 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
took the time to look at the story a week a go. I didn't respond b/c lack of time on my part and most impartant. I thought it was good. :)

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1012 Next