It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:55 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: May 13th, 2011, 9:48 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Tales From The Ectozone: Primus XXIV

July 1, 2009--Timeline Year Twenty Seven
One of the leaders of the Order of Hermes has crossed to the other side. The news reaches a figure that has been lurking in the shadows of Los Angeles, and with it knows that the time has come to begin his ultimate plan, a plan that could win him the Primacy--and no doubt inflict something nefarious on the Ghostbusters in the process.
-----------------

I warn you now of three things:

1. It's short

2. It's full of references to the Order of Hermes. I hope it still works somewhat if you don't know squat about Ars Magica or Mage: The Ascension, but if you do you might find some fun cross-references.

3. It's mostly setting up some stuff that will pay off in "Toy Soldiers".

But still...new story, right? That's gotta mean at least a little bit of something?

PostPosted: July 4th, 2011, 3:59 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Well, I'm definately interested to see what this is leading up to. I don't know much about the world you described, only what you write really, but they are a very intriguing group. A noble group, yet full of traitors and schemers as much as any other noble group. I wonder what the toy soldiers will be, ghosts, demons, possessed people, possessed robots?

Who is he after and what is the purpose?
I'm sure we will find out in Toy Soldiers...

BTW have you ever read an Arcane Society novel? I couldn't help but link some similarities. If you haven't then you might like them.

Also very well written

PostPosted: July 5th, 2011, 9:54 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
ghostdiva wrote:
Well, I'm definately interested to see what this is leading up to. I don't know much about the world you described, only what you write really, but they are a very intriguing group. A noble group, yet full of traitors and schemers as much as any other noble group.

I do apologize for all the times I fill up stories like this with obscure references that probably only Vincent Belmont gets, but I love the source material (the role playing game Ars Magica) and enjoy making all the little cross references. I try to put enough of an explaination in there, and mention things that will actually be important along with the fluff, but I probably don't do it as well as I should.

But, yeah, the Order of Hermes is a diverse organization that doesn't sit on the laurels of the Merlin/Gandalf stereotypes (oh, those guys are there, mostly in House Bonisagus, but there's a lot more, from shape shifters to pseudo-hippie metaphysicians to the schemers of House Tytalus)

Quote:
I wonder what the toy soldiers will be, ghosts, demons, possessed people, possessed robots?

8-)

Quote:
Who is he after and what is the purpose?
I'm sure we will find out in Toy Soldiers...

8-)

Quote:
BTW have you ever read an Arcane Society novel? I couldn't help but link some similarities. If you haven't then you might like them.

No, but I may have to look into it.

Quote:
Also very well written

Thanks. Praise is always welcome, but at this point in time, I'd even appreciate flames. Maybe I should write some Egon/Janine sex scenes and...

Nah, never mind. If I do, it'lll be because I have an idea, not just to jerk chains.