It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:21 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: March 31st, 2011, 8:30 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
http://protoncharging.com/gb/2011/03/30 ... c-monthly/

castewar wrote:
I’m going to have to stop screaming here at the office – I’m scaring the straights.

IDW editor Tom Waltz has dropped this bomb into my email box.

Starting September 2011, IDW (and judging from the following one-page ad, Dapper Dan) are putting out a monthly Ghostbusters comic!

PostPosted: March 31st, 2011, 8:33 am 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

I can't wait.

I really need to get caught up on the current (as in the last year or so) comics. My comic book store closed down just before the Valentines day issue.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2011, 1:23 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

(With the usual disclaimer that I'd really prefer a cartoon based comic, unlike everyone else in the community)

I do intend to give this a try. Dan Schoening isn't my favorite artist in the universe, but at least with his exaggerated caricatures I don't have to struggle to differentiate Ray and Venkman, which some of the other artists have had trouble with.

Ghostbuster artists since Legion have been in kind of a no-win situation with Ray and Venkman. "They're two white guys with dark hair wearing identical outfits, but we're not allowed to make them look too much like Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd, yet still be able to tell them apart." (It's one of the things I liked about Infestation #1--Ray had his ecto goggles on in almost every shot)

And of course, as they haven't announced the creative team, Dan doing the promo does not necessarily mean he's the regular artist. He probably is, but I can't consider it a done deal until more information comes out.

I wonder who the writer is. Jim Beard, from "Con-Volution", was the first IDW writer to post on GBFans after the story broke, though he bascially just said "This is awesome news, isn't it?" I could definitely get behind him or Erik Burnham (Ghostbusters: Infestation) writing it.

Though I still have to wonder if JMS could be coaxed into something. I fear Joe's best writing days are behind him, but what a coup it would be to have him back with the Ghostbusters for an issue or two. He's probably DC exclusive, but a guy can dream.

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2011, 9:13 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Virgo
I'm afraid this drawing style is not my cup of tea...

PostPosted: April 12th, 2011, 8:30 am 
Administrator
Administrator

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2011/04/11 ... -revealed/

Confirms that Dan Schoening will be the regular artist, and that Erik Burnham of the recent Ghostbusters: Infestation miniseries will be the regular writer. Tristan Jones, who has been active on GBFans and has practically lobbied for involvement, also will apparently play a role in this book, though it's unclear what yet.

If you're a Janine fan like I am, there's a double bit of good news: the first is that she's on the promo, which is a bit of coup in itself (when some Ghostbusters ads seem to have trouble remembering to even put Winston on them); the second is a new character design, which more clearly recalls the JMS era Janine with a bit of the GB1 version mixed in. Good move. Dan's design in the Sam Hain special was good, but better to go with a design recalling the peak moments of her characterization (GB1 and JMS RGB) than the nadir (GB2 and post JMS).

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2011, 9:27 am 
Administrator
Administrator

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2011/04/21 ... s-monthly/

PostPosted: June 4th, 2011, 11:34 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Revealed, Tristan Jones' role in the new comic:

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2011/06/03 ... hly-comic/

Quote:
Basically the idea is that each issue will feature files audited by Walter Peck as supplemental material to each story, looking at the entities encountered throughout IDW’s run (which includes everything before INFESTATION as well), staff profiles, equipment data, and so forth. It will also ONLY be appearing in the individual issues from what I currently understand.

Having seen what’s coming up in the comics and helped create a few of the beasties so far, I can safely say that there’s going to be some really cool things gracing the pages of not just this, but the Dan and Erik’s core pages as well.

I really do have to thank Tom Waltz more than I think I’m capable of — I’m really excited to be working on this, and hopefully more in the future!

The very first file will feature something familiar to everyone, which I hope you’ll dig but I do implore you — TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW! And make sure you get in and tell your local comic shop that starting in September, IDW’s publishing Ghostbusters and that you want it! Books like this rely on preorder numbers to stay alive, so if you want to see more, make sure you get in and get your orders in in advance!

Thanks to everyone for their support (and patience)!

PostPosted: June 4th, 2011, 6:22 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I for one was happy to hear that the PCOC idea was not going to die with thte video game. I like the idea of GBs being like any other safety and rescue operation run by the city. I'm sure Peck's take on the events will be drastically different from what the GBs would have put each one ending something like: and the GBs were particularly incompitent, with reported damage to the property totaling over 12,000 dollars.

Sounds like fun

And Peck doing character profiles...that's the scariest thing they could print.

Also a point to consider is that this obviously takes place after the comic, which will probably screw up the timeline, sorry Fritz.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2011, 7:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Lol...and here I'd just gone and redid the New Timeline to give the comic more room to happen before the Video Game.

Though I have to ask, as someone who never played the damn thing: is PCOC formed in the game, or presented as something that was already around?

Either way, I won't revise anything in the New Timeline further until the comic is out. And placing the new stuff after the game complicates placing it in the GBI/Ectozone Fanon Timeline, as it was kind of stretching it to work in GBVG as it is.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2011, 7:56 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Yeah the mayor started PCOC in the middle of the game, basically put Peck as the boss of the GBs, so if he sabatoged the GBs he'd be out of a job too.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2011, 9:52 am 
Administrator
Administrator

ghostdiva wrote:
Yeah the mayor started PCOC in the middle of the game, basically put Peck as the boss of the GBs, so if he sabatoged the GBs he'd be out of a job too.

That makes an odd kind of sense, actually.

As a second thought, I won't rule out going ahead and putting the IDW stuff back in the order I originally had it in, which was more or less publication order. All it takes is some cutting and pasting, after all. I guess it depends on whether the mood strike me.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2011, 10:13 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Fritz wrote:
ghostdiva wrote:

That makes an odd kind of sense, actually.

As a second thought, I won't rule out going ahead and putting the IDW stuff back in the order I originally had it in, which was more or less publication order. All it takes is some cutting and pasting, after all. I guess it depends on whether the mood strike me.

from now on we should say if the mood slime strike me.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel