It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:59 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 2:42 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo

Ghostbusters Wiki has posted a interview with Andrew Shaffer, author of "Ghosts from Our Past: Both Literally and Figuratively: The Study of the Paranormal". Conducted by Matthew Jordan, this covered a lot of details about the book. He among other things explains the books timeline in respect to the 2016. Quite a read.

-Matt (talking in third person) :mrgreen:
Link: http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Interview_with_Andrew_Shaffer

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 4:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Very informative. I'll probably adjust a speculation or two since Mr. Shaffer admitted that the 1985 date of Erin's being haunted should have been 1982. Everything else fits together a lot more smoothly now.

Thanks for the good job.
:)

PostPosted: August 27th, 2016, 10:44 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Quote:
As an aside, Erin and Abby have slightly different backstories in the Tor novelization. I don't believe that Paul or Katie had any input on that, as novelizations are treated more like adaptations, whereas we were lucky to get more of a hands-on treatment with the tie-in book. Nancy Holder's novelization is fantastic, though—definitely read it!

Quote:
14. Was there any debate about holding onto Tobin or was it always going to be a new character - Kemp - who created the modern classification system from the start?

ANDREW SHAFFER: There was never any debate about it—Paul Feig didn't want to reuse any of the faux books from the original universe, so I had to create an entirely new set of reference guides along the lines of Tobin's. There were one or two mentions of fictional reference books or authors in the script that didn't end up in the final movie, but the ones in the book (Archibald Dutton, Vernon Heiss, and Maureen Kemp) were ones I created just for Ghosts from Our Past. I also designed faux covers for several of the books, which you can find at www.ghostsfromourpast.com.

Interestingly the Tor novelization does mention the Spates Catalog, Tobin's Spirit Guide, and the Roylance Guide on page 36. Another of the interesting contrasts between the two.