Post subject: Ghostbusters Get Real #2
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2015, 8:16 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/7 ... =MAY150365

Quote:
(W) Erik Burnham (A/CA) Dan Schoening
THEY'RE ALL REAL NOW! While the boys in gray meet the boys in brown, blue, green and tan, Proteus hunts through the multiverse for his quarry... and finds something Extreme. (Was that too subtle a hint?)

Sounds like he might be onto something. Right time frame, more or less, but wrong universe.

I can guess there's at least one person here who'd like what's being implied, though. :)

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2015, 1:40 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Fritz wrote:
I can guess there's at least one person here who'd like what's being implied, though. :)

Ah, if you mean me (yeah, he does mean me ;) ), I'm certainly happy that EGB is being remembered and valued. I guess I never thought we'd hear any more about it, after the show proved not to be popular (funny old world! :roll: ). Nothing can add to my love for the series, just as nothing can take away from it, but anyway I'll definitely be interested to find out what happens there. I guess using the good old anything-goes multiverse should keep everyone happy, from movie purists to pro-RGB/anti-EGBers to those who accept EGB but don't really seem to get it to, well, me. :D

(I'm astonished that my spell check doesn't object to 'multiverse'. How the world has changed...)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: July 25th, 2015, 10:23 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Preview from Spook Central:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 044&type=3

Spoiler:

The rumored characters do, indeed, make an appearance!

PostPosted: July 26th, 2015, 11:36 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
Fritz wrote:
Preview from Spook Central:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 044&type=3

Spoiler:

The rumored characters do, indeed, make an appearance!

Lol. D'ya think the 'mirror duplicates' quote is also a reference to Janine and Kylie's faces being the same in the IDWverse? :mrgreen: :geek:

This is a really impressive demonstration of Dapper Dan's fantastic skills - to recreate three distinctly different artistic styles in one issue of a comic is just mindblowingly awesome. The guy seriously needs some major recognition for this, and I'm joining the chorus of fans who would love to see this in cartoon form.  8-)

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2015, 4:10 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Lovely artwork, with the characters looking right (i.e. as I personally like to see them), so kudos there absolutely. Unfortunately, for me, the dialogue looks all wrong coming out of Kylie's mouth - I mean, I can't hear Tara saying most of that - and the characterisation on Garrett is way overdone. Roland and Eduardo? Not much going on there. That's just my opinion. It is nice, though, to see these characters acknowledged.

(I'm doing Flash Fiction Month on DeviantArt, and never mind what it is, except that I'm in a mood to be brief and blunt. Sorry.)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2015, 4:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters Get Real #2

We now return to the "Janine Melnitz: Ghostbuster" commercial break.

Looks like Ghash has escaped the Containment Unit, but fortunately, the Ghostbusters are here to stop him!

Waitaminute...who are these guys? I mean, sure, that's Kylie, but she's wearing shorts and football pads, and using Winston's proton pistol. And there's Eduardo, the 'barely literate" guy Kylie hired to help run Ray's Occult and to be her boy toy. He must have been caught unawares when the call came in, because all he did was throw on some gloves and elbow pads to his regular outfit. Then there's this Roland guy...I swear I feel like I've seen him before...I think about it and I get this weird image in my head, of Winston getting married and Roland was there...but that can't be right. Winston never got married. And the last member of the team is a gung-ho guy in a wheelchair. His name's Garrett. He shoots Ghash once, and causes the ghost to turn tail and run.

Except it wasn't Garrett who scared Ghash off--Proteus appears, still in search of the Ghostbusters. This team he doesn't recognize blasts him, but he laughs it off and leaves, muttering about "Too many dimensions, too many possibilities..." The Ghostbusters he just fought--the Extreme Ghostbusters, of course--wonder what the heck is going on. Kylie even makes an exclamation that is cut off mid-statement...

...To be completed by the version of Kylie in the IDW-verse. The two teams of Ghostbusters have played a little mix-and-match: IDW Ray and Egon are still at GBCentral with RGB Venkman and Winston, who are undergoing batteries of tests to determine their dimensional vibration. Venkman is still Venkman, and IDW Kylie is convinced that knowing there are two Venkmans in the multiverse is going to give her nightmares. Neither Kylie or Janine has yet mentioned how the RGB Ghostbusters are wearing flight suits in the same colors that Hardemeyer stuck the New Ghostbusters in.

I could easily imagine IDW Janine thinking: "There's another Egon, who looks like my ex-boyfriend Roger and dresses like Ron Alexander. And a Dr. Venkman wearing the colors Hardemeyer put me in..." (shudder) "I suddenly really need to take a shower..."

IDW Venkman and Winston, meanwhile, are on a bust with RGB Egon and Ray. Ray gets bamboozled by a sprite that looks suspiciously like Makeoverus Lotsabucks, but the others pull him out of it before it gets worse. You know how Ray is with ghost chicks. Just so we don't feel like Burnham is picking on the RGB guys, it's RGB Egon who captures Mini-Lotsabucks, and he admits there's something familiar about it (even though the Lotsabucks is in the future--it hasn't even started screwing up Janine's voice, personality, and appearance yet as of "Janine Melnitz: Ghostbuster")

Meanwhile, Proteus creates a three headed hound that he sends into the dimensional nexus to do his dirty work for him. We know, of course, that Proteus wasn't too far off in one respect--EGB took place in 1997, which is pretty much where some background hints over the years means the IDW version is currently taking place. I wonder what EGB Egon says once Team Extreme tells him what happened and describe their encounter. "Proteus is back?! Crumbs...Or could it actually be the Proteus we met in the 1980's, when he was traversing the dimensional nexus to locate us...hm...That would be the right temporal period, but the wrong dimensional continuity..."

So Proteus sends Cerberus (not to be confused with Cerebus, an aardvark that has also had a crossover with the Ninja Turtles) to look for "his" Ghostbusters. There's a lovely two-page spread featuring various version of the Ghostbusters, including but not limited to various video game versions (including the recent Beeline game and of course "Sanctum of Slime" 's team), the RGB pilot, the even-cartoonier-than-RGB "Slimer" versions, and even Ron "And You're Not" Alexander's role models, the Filmation Ghostbusters. We'll see how long it takes Cerberus to find the Ghostbusters he's looking for, but I'm predicting two issues tops.

Back at HQ, the two Ghostbusters teams are back together and compare notes. RGB Venkman is astounded at the way the IDW guys can have food just lying around. RGB Egon confirms his suspicion that Mini-Lotsabucks (who's now in IDW Slimer's fish tank with him) came from their dimension, and there's an unpleasant hint that the dimensional pocket of the RGB Containment Unit may be leaking into the IDW-verse.

The Venkmans are getting on each others nerves, and IDW Venkman asks if punching RGB Venkman would break the universe or something. Both Egons quickly make sure to tell him, emphatically, "No."

The Rays, meanwhile, have deduced based on their common experiences that some sort of powerful entity is behind the problems in RGB-world. By now, the IDW guys have got all the info they need to fire up their dimensional gate, but both teams agree that staying a little longer and continuing to work together would be a great opportunity for science, and of course to figure out more about what's really going on.

Plus, you know, two more issues to go.

We'll be back to the "Janine Melnitz: Ghostbuster" commercial break after these messages.