It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:56 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 5:55 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Cancer
Has anyone else read this? It's the 4th of July one shot that takes place at a comic book convention.

http://issuu.com/idwpublishing/docs/gho ... e=magazine

I thought it was a fun read, but then again, it was co-written Keith Dallas, and I've known him since I was posting on comicbloc.com. So I guess you could say I'm more than a little biased.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2010, 7:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I liked it.

I'm enough of a comic geek that I suspect the Frank Bancroft/Karl Miller "feud" is an exaggerated version of Jack Kirby's collaboration with Joe Simon (and maybe a bit of the later Kirby/Stan Lee days). And like Kirby, Bancroft is tough as nails. I could so see Jack coming back from the Other Side to kick some ghost ass.

I guess we also now know who Len Wolfman's Golden Age counterpart was. :lol:

I wondered how long it would take for Josh Howard to make an in-joke to his own comic series, and didn't have to wait long: The guy signing copies of "Bad @ 17" greatly resembles the caricature of Howard, creator of Dead @ 17. He didn't get to draw Janine in this story, but he did get in a few cute fangirls. And is that the Comic Book Guy on page 3? :lol:

The juxtaposition of Venkman, and then Egon, nodding off to strangely similar dreams was hilarious. If I were Venkman, I'd use this for bribe material "Piss me off, and I'll tell Janine what you said about 'fungal morphology'..."

I've hung around at GBFans long enough to have seen the type of prop makers being made fun of here, so that was probably the highlight of the issue. I also find it funny that in all of that Venkman never said "How great could these prop flight suits be? They don't even have nametags!!!"

PostPosted: July 1st, 2010, 7:36 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Libra
I enjoyed it too...I really like the dynamic between the four different characters and how they relate, so I don't necessarily have to see them in a job setting to enjoy their comradarie together...so this was a fun read.

Thanks for posting, and continue to share any cool fanfiction/graphic novels you or anyone comes across!!