It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:11 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: June 9th, 2022, 5:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
The bad news: This makes it official: IDW no longer has the Ghostbusters license.

Announced at EctoFest, as seen on GBFans

Quote:
"We've got a unique story that we want to tell exclusively in a limited edition series that should be out sometime at the end of next year. And, like all of our plans, it's in-canon and part of the growing Ghostbusters story that began way back in 1984."

-Gil Kenan

Interestingly, the artwork behind Jason Reitman and Gil Kenan is from the Now Comics run's best arc, "The Father Thing Trilogy". Which probably doesn't have anything to do with it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235160864/

Quote:
Dark Horse Comic is working with Reitman and Kenan on a Ghostbusters comic book series that will help bridge the gap between Ghostbusters: Afterlife and the upcoming sequel.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2022, 6:52 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
Fritz wrote:
The bad news: This makes it official: IDW no longer has the Ghostbusters license.

I know some people are gonna jump on my ass for this, but I don't think IDW not having the GB license is such a bad thing. I'm not sure about the whole comics industry as a whole but I don't really think IDW is on solid ground ATM. Ghostbusters was never going to bring in huge mega numbers, and I always felt there was a risk it was going to be pulled from IDW's content at any time.

With a bigger publisher, there's more chance that Ghostbusters will continue and although this is going to be a limited edition run, I've always felt Ghostbusters would have a better home with a company that could absorb a comic pulling in lower numbers. It would give the creative team more flexibility with their storylines, and allow them the chance to do their own thing without having to piggyback on other properties in order to continue its run.

Yes it's sad that we won't have the great creative team that we had on IDW (and I'm really pissed that we won't have any conclusions to many of the plot points from IDW's run) but I can't help but feel that this type of publisher is probably the place Ghostbusters should have started out on in the first place.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2022, 7:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

nikki wrote:
Yes it's sad that we won't have the great creative team that we had on IDW (and I'm really pissed that we won't have any conclusions to many of the plot points from IDW's run) but I can't help but feel that this type of publisher is probably the place Ghostbusters should have started out on in the first place.

Unless Erik Burnham and Dan Schoening are on IDW staff or have exclusive contracts, they could, theoretically at least, be hired for freelance work by Dark Horse.

I'm not expecting that, mind you, but it isn't impossible.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2023, 8:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

After almost a full year since anything to report on this:

https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 0#p4983360

Artist is named Blue Delliquanti. Not familiar with that one.

https://twitter.com/DarkHorseComics/sta ... 2417242114

A drawing by Delliquanti of Phoebe, Trevor, Callie, and Gary.

PostPosted: November 16th, 2023, 3:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

https://screenrant.com/ghostbusters-bac ... en-empire/

Quote:
A new Ghostbusters miniseries from Dark Horse Comics is going to bridge the gap between Ghostbusters: Afterlife and Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire. The internet is still abuzz from the trailer for the upcoming sequel and Screen Rant has the exclusive first look at the comic series set to lead into the latest Ghostbusters film.

Screen Rant is excited to reveal the exclusive details shared by Dark Horse Comics. Ghostbusters: Back in Town is a four-issue miniseries written by David Booher, Blue Delliquanti providing art, colors by Mildred Louis, and letters by Comicraft's Jimmy Betancourt. Kyle Lambert will provide the main cover with a variant cover created by Steve Morris.

“Our friends at Dark Horse have picked up the Spengler family and hand delivered them to Manhattan where they will begin their journey back into Ghostbusting! It has been a personal thrill to collaborate with this incredible group of artists and storytellers on new chapters in the proton jungle.” – Jason Reitman

Set after Ghostbusters: Afterlife, the miniseries sees Callie, Gary, Trevor, and Phoebe moving to New York City to take over the Ghostbusters business in the iconic Firehouse. But shifting family dynamics and paranormal activity may make it a harder job than it sounds.

Ghostbusters: Back in Town #1 is scheduled for March 27, 2024.