It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:58 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Re: Tainted Love
PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 12:06 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Mick Nielson wrote:
Yeah, Winston has been a bit of a player sofar in the IDW comics. He's been getting a lot more attenton in general actually... Do I smell a spinoff series?! :lol:

I can just here the shaft lyrics now .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: February 25th, 2010, 7:44 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
So, was anyone able to get a copy of this yet? How was it? Yeah, or Neah? You don't have to give a plot summary, I would just like to know if it's worth the trouble of picking it up.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2010, 11:49 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Well I've been thumbing through it, havent gotten to the end yet, but sofar here's a few questions answered:

Winston's squeeze Tiyah is the central focus of this fun little adventure. She's a teacher that is employed by a school that the boys are called to for a bust, and has a little ghost problem of her own it would seem.

The arm-mounted proton packs are NOT an upgrade, nor are they going to be sticking around. Egon built them as a way for the Ghostbusters to use their equipment in the cramped space of Tiyah's apartment without completely DESTROYING the place, so basically they're lower powered proton packs that will allow the boys to move around small spaces a little easier than their bigger, more powerful counterparts.

The artwork is very good, the artist is obviously taking some creative license with the appearance of the boys. I like the way they look, though there were a couple times when I did have a little trouble deciphering which white guy with the odd hairline was Ray or Peter. Only in a couple panels though.

The dialogue (thank God) is spot-on in terms of character work. Egon is the straight to the facts science man, with occasional moments of that charming sense of "humor" he has. Ray is the excitable Occult Scholar that I've known all these years with all the right books, and the knowledge to back them up. Winston is the badass everyman, Peter is the smart-ass talker of the group, and his humor hasnt been more spot-on in any of the comics since Legion.

The story, which as I said, I havent gotten to the end of yet, but sofar its playing out very well. Fritz, you'll be glad to know it seems to be playing out like one of the more grown-up RGB episodes in its layout: Initial job, Love Interest/client, encountering the ghost, realizing they need some special tool for the job, the tool is whipped up (over two days, which is better than the "oh, I was working on this before" solution commonly done in RGB episodes, haha), and the boys go to work. I'll comment more on the story when i've had a chance to get to the end of the book.

Janine has been in the background most of the time, but the way the story focuses on Winston and his new squeeze, there really isnt any logical way to include her more than she has been sofar.

No Slimer. (hooray!)

No Lois Tully.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2010, 12:19 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Well I just piked this up to day .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: March 1st, 2010, 11:23 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Well, I finally picked mine up today. It's pretty much what I thought it would be. It was an okay story, felt way too short, but they all do in a way.

Janine's only in one panel, in the background and I think she's giving everyone the finger. Very odd thing to do, guess she's ticked about Valentine's day. :roll:

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2010, 12:03 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Scorpio
ghostdiva wrote:
Well, I finally picked mine up today. It's pretty much what I thought it would be. It was an okay story, felt way too short, but they all do in a way.

Janine's only in one panel, in the background and I think she's giving everyone the finger. Very odd thing to do, guess she's ticked about Valentine's day. :roll:

Maybe Venkman left presents besides chocolate & flowers at her desk! :hurl:

PostPosted: December 8th, 2020, 3:06 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Leo
I really didn't like the artwork for this. I can't quite put my finger on why, it was too drawn looking or something, I found it hard to get immersed in. I was very aware that I was looking at drawings. Maybe that sounds stupid, I'm not articulate enough to get my point across.

It was nice to see Winston as the main GB, although it doesn't get any more basic than introducing a potential love interest, it didn't really flesh out his character much. This was a decent little story but nothing very memorable. Kind of like a run of the mill RGB episode.