Zodiac: Taurus
IDW's February one-shot, apparently:

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2009/11/19 ... ove-cover/

Post subject: Re: Tainted Love
PostPosted: November 20th, 2009, 8:06 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
As Egon would say: This has the potential to be very, very bad.

I'm not willing to make any gues about this at all until I see the 4th issue of displaced aggression. I just can't contemplate other GB stuff until I know Janine's fate.

I'm very worried that those Janine panels will be at the very end, like everythings back to normal and someone turns around and goes, Hey where's Janine, and then it goes to those panels, it will so suck if that happens, big time suck. They're giving me an anxiety disorder over this I swear.

And I'm certainly not getting into that pack on Winston's arm. Its one thing to believe Egon could create a flux capacitor small enough to wear, completely another to have one that small.
:shock:

PostPosted: November 25th, 2009, 8:39 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Yeah... Not diggin' that arm mounted thrower...

PostPosted: November 27th, 2009, 9:04 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I'll wait and see on that one. It can work for me if they make it clear it's payload and/or stopping power are far inferior to the normal pack. Much like the Proton Pistol from EGB, or the pistols Doc Hazzard whipped up in the Now comics (which I established in one of my stories as being basically "proton six shooters" with only that many shots)

The solicitation was posted on GBCentral

Quote:
Written by Dara Naraghi, art by Salgood Sam, covers by Salgood Sam and Nick Runge.

Love is in the air‹literally!‹as Winston befriends an attractive woman with a ghostly problem in her apartment. But trapping the love-struck apparition proves to be more complicated than the Ghostbusters originally thought. Can Winston step up and save the day? Just how far will Peter go to find a date? And do Ray and Egon ever stop to think about girls, or is it always about trans-dimensional ectoplasmic anomolies with those two?

If they don't at least hint that, in Egon's case, the answer is "Yes" and it involved a certain redheaded Client Administrator, I will consider a ball majorly dropped on this one.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2010, 7:38 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

There are some new pics for this one out: http://www.salgoodsam.com/blog/labels/ghostbusters.html

or: http://www.flickr.com/photos/salgood/sets/72157622462496181/

It looks loke Janine is at least in it - and the guys have new weapons.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2010, 9:27 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Incoming Rant! Impact in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Ya know, I'm not gonna sit here and say that these new GB comics are the greatest thing to come out of the 4-color universe of funny books, but Jesus f'ing Christ people, enough is enough.

Every single new thing that has come out has been met with nothing but the SAME reaction from (pretty much) everyone on this board:

"Is Janine and Egon finally going to get together? If not, fuck this thing."

WHO GIVES A F*CK?! Ghostbusters is not all about Egon and Janine, people!

The way the two of them have been handled thusfar hasnt changed at all, the way they handled it on the show was; Janine pines after Egon, and he is either oblivious, or never takes the full step to actually making a move in return. These comics aren't making any mistakes in reguards to that. Big deal, Janine sleeps with someone else in Displaced Agression, they dont mention it in Past, Present and Future, and I'm willing to bet they'll make some kind of referrence to it in this book, but there wont be any payoff at the end. Their relationship fills that purpose in the Ghostbusters world, its the one that is right in everyone's face, but its fun to watch them keep having near-misses. It creates (gasp) Problems?! (GASP!) ISSUES!?

Seriously though guys, there's a lot more going on in Ghostbusters than Egon and Janine. I know you're all big fans of those characters and you "just know, beyond any shadow of a doubt" that they're meant to be, but how about this: When one of you gets your own comic title to publish, do whatever you want with the two of them, in the meantime, dont continue to criticize every new piece of work that comes out just because it doesnt have this one MINOR aspect of an entire Sci-Fi/Comedy universe that has been building and growing all these years, doesnt mean its all just a crock of shit, and not worth anything.

Its still Ghostbusters, and if you all are too stuck-up to even TRY to enjoy the stories just because its not all focused on Egon and Janine's relationship, then I feel sorry for you guys, because you're all forcing yourselves to be left in the past, while the rest of us try to enjoy seeing the franchise we love make a comeback.

END RANT

Disclaimer: I didnt post this to discuss, you can all flame me if you want, but I honestly dont care one way or another about Egon and Janine's relationship, so I'm not going to respond.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2010, 10:09 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

So, why didn't you just told us what you think about the new Proton Packs?
And yes, I want Janine in the Comics - romance or not. But since this is the movie "boys club" version, I have to wonder if she is in it. I would do the same for Slimer, if I cared enough.

So if you wanna talk about what we knew about the story, fine by me. I've only read "Past, Present & Future" and the little Janine "MAD Scene" by IDW so enlighten me what to expect. Better Artwork for Venkman, maybe?

PostPosted: January 25th, 2010, 11:55 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

God-willing. Like I said, its not been the greatest thing ever in Comics sofar. The artwork has been good, but the characterizations have been a bit of an issue.

Venkman has always been the most off for some reason, but I think thats just because people dont know what Bill Murray's status is as far as GB goes, so maybe the artists are avoiding the use of his likeness? I dunno, but either way, its not that great sofar.

Ray, while I'm happy that they DID NOT follow RGB's example and have him be a child-like moron, and actually have him as an Occult Scholar/Scientist, they dont seem to be able to draw him age-appropriate. I'm not really that angry about them not drawing Dan Aykroyd on the page, but at least do it so that he doesnt look like a college student. Oddly enough, Legion was pretty close to perfection as far as Ray in Comic character form.

Winston has been done well sofar I think. I like that he's more involved in the plots, and doesnt play the bitch roles in them either.

Egon... I dunno. Again, Legion got close, but his appearance just looks off. I'd like to be able to see his eyes once in awhile. Ramis was a great reactionary actor in the film, and if you watch him in the background of a lot of the scenes where Murray is verbally dominating, he's doing a hell of a performance, which is largely conveyed through his eyes, and I think that realism gets lost when they have his glasses block his eyes.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 12:04 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Quote:
Oddly enough, Legion was pretty close to perfection as far as Ray in Comic character form.

I loved Ray in Legion. Actually, I liked all of them. Well, I get "The other side soon" and hope I find "Tainted Love" somewhere.
And then we can talk about plot and artwork.

You think there will be a Soft Cell or Marilyn Manson joke in there? ;)

PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 11:28 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
From what I can gather from various sources, this one will be sorta Winston centric, I think all those girls with glasses in the sketches are of Winston's girlfriend, so she comes over for a valentines dinner and ghost stuff happens and she is 'baptised by fire' into the world of the GB. She obviously stays for dinner so she must be cool with it.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 11:47 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Hmm, guess its not such a "boys club" after-all. :lol:

PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 2:45 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

We meet Winstons girlfriend? Wow, that's a first (if you don't count the Stories here).
There was one pic that looked like Peter with some smoke (?) with him. Wonder if he was smiled or if the new Weapons burned him (I'm evil).

And this I was raised and breed on RGB the Comics have to put Janine a lot more in the center and let her bust a few Ghost to stop being a "Boys Club" - but thats me ;)

PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 5:40 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
janine_fan wrote:
We meet Winstons girlfriend? Wow, that's a first (if you don't count the Stories here).

We also met one of his ex-girlfriends in The Other Side, so he's definitely getting a lot of love in the IDW comic series. About time, I say!
:mrgreen:

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 8:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Winston's girlfriend did appear "on-camera" in RGB#23; the character design I use for Kaila McMillan Zeddemore is based on it.

I hope we can be forgiven for wondering if there would be any Egon/Janine innuendo in a special which comes out in February, and has the word "love" in it's title. It's like wondering if the ECTO-1 would be trashed in a story solicited as "The Ghostbusters Demon Demolition Derby" :lol:

I wouldn't mind anything with Venkman and Dana either, but like RGB, she hasn't even been mentioned in any of IDW's material thus far.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 6:19 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Yeah, Winston has been a bit of a player sofar in the IDW comics. He's been getting a lot more attenton in general actually... Do I smell a spinoff series?! :lol: