It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:23 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: December 6th, 2020, 5:21 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Leo
I know this is from over ten years ago but wow, there is some serious slut-shaming of Janine going on in this thread! :lol: She's a single woman who, for all she knows, is stuck in the past forever - why shouldn't she get some action? Even if they were in the same time and place, should she save herself in the hope that maybe one day something happens with Egon? I think she has done enough to let Egon know she is interested, the ball is in his court. Personally I don't need to see any sex in my Ghostbusters, but if they're going to do it I have no problem with what happened here.

As for the story, it was good - miles better than 'The Other Side.' More than the actual story I enjoyed the writing of the characters - it felt authentic, especially Peter, he had some genuinely witty and funny dialogue. I thought Koza'rai not banishing Winston to some far flung corner of time was a major plot-hole. Koza'rai is worried enough about the GBs that he doesn't want to kill them for fear they will get together in the afterlife, yet he is happy enough to leave one in his own time and place? I don't buy it. I enjoyed the story though, it was a four-parter which I read in one sitting which is a good sign in my book.

PostPosted: December 7th, 2020, 8:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Ben's Dad wrote:
I know this is from over ten years ago but wow, there is some serious slut-shaming of Janine going on in this thread! :lol: She's a single woman who, for all she knows, is stuck in the past forever - why shouldn't she get some action? Even if they were in the same time and place, should she save herself in the hope that maybe one day something happens with Egon? I think she has done enough to let Egon know she is interested, the ball is in his court. Personally I don't need to see any sex in my Ghostbusters, but if they're going to do it I have no problem with what happened here.

Yeah, ten years later, I have to admit you're right--I cringe at some of my comments earlier in this thread and in other places.

I'm not going to say I like seeing her with some other guy than Egon Spengler; that's never going to happen. But the derision was way overblown for all the reasons you mention.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2020, 12:13 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Leo
Fritz wrote:
Ben's Dad wrote:

Yeah, ten years later, I have to admit you're right--I cringe at some of my comments earlier in this thread and in other places.

I'm not going to say I like seeing her with some other guy than Egon Spengler; that's never going to happen. But the derision was way overblown for all the reasons you mention.

It was no big deal, just funny watching people so invested in the idea of Janine and Egon being together, it devastated them to see Janine with someone else! I love the investment in the characters and the passion, very much enjoying reading through this forum.