It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:28 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2008, 1:56 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
How come these comics didn't work out? I thought they were good since I read them online. Why wasn't a hardcover come out for them out of curiously? I just wanted to know.

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2008, 3:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Most of it boils down to this: the guy running the show, Sebastien Clavet.

Clavet got in over his head in the independant comic market. While he put out a superb product, the comics themselves ran very very late. The first issue of the mini-series was a sellout hit; but the other issues were so late the momentum was lost and more casual fans had given up.

The hardcover was solicited in 2005. Three sprocking years ago. Despite a number of postings saying "It's going to be soon!" and "It's practically right at the printers right now" we haven't seen a thing three sprocking years later.

He's still sitting on a lot of money from pre-orders, but has said he doesn't have enough to print the thing; that's why he tried to sell lithographs of the ECTO-1 and the Dan Brereton cover illustrations. None of them did very well because the community doesn't trust this guy anymore.

To top it off, there have been some rumors that part of the problem is that Clavet's contract with Sony doens't cover book sales. And I've heard tell that 88MPH's contract is going to expire later this year. Take both of those facts with a grain of salt, but what is known is this: Clavet took down the Weaver Hall message board because he was tired of being hounded with questions. He doesn't even stick his head up at GBCentral anymore, which was the most relatively friendly territory for him. And he hasn't delivered anything in three sprocking years.

Time to calculate this again. It's been quite an eye-opener:

If Ghostbusters: Legion #1 had come out as scheduled, in February 2004, and each issue had come out monthly the mini-series would have wrapped in May 2004. Ghostbusters#1, the first issue of the ongoing series, would have come out in June 2004. Assuming brisk enough sales to keep going, and a monthly schedule, this month would have seen the publication of Ghostbusters#49, the fourth anniversary issue, and next month would have been issue #50.

So that's up to 49 comics and one hardcover Clavet's bad business sense and/or crookedness may have deprived us of.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2008, 6:59 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Wow, that's really sad. It seems like Clavet is committing fraud here. Only delivering 4 of the comics and then taking people's money for the hard cover and run and hide. That's really a sad situation here and now everyone's mad at him. I'm just glad I didn't try to order the hardcover.

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: June 17th, 2008, 3:03 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Location: New York, New York. Manhattan Island (SoHo district)
Zodiac: Scorpio
Farah, it IS fraud. Any person who invested money in this pre-order has a legal right to sue.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2008, 4:18 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Oh I see. I think people who pre-ordered the hardcover should've claimed a lawsuit against him because what Clavet is doing is really wrong and since he giving people the run-a-round.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2008, 5:24 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
The problem is a lawsuit would cost far more money than what Clavet owes, so you'll end up worse off in the long run.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2008, 7:22 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Oh Really? That's bad and I kind of wished that another company would create new Ghostbusters comics.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2008, 9:20 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know if you saw this, but it looks like TokyoPop, mostly known for being a manga translator, has a Ghostbusters comic of some sort coming out this fall.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2008, 9:26 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Sounds like a great deal. What is going to continue on the comic? GB1 GB2 or the RGB?

PostPosted: June 18th, 2008, 9:34 am 
Administrator
Administrator

What we've heard thus far seems to indicate it will be set in the Video Game continuity, between GB2 and the game itself, to serve as sort of a prequel.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2008, 6:07 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Oh I see. I'm sure that this comic is going to great. Anyone is going to buy it?

PostPosted: June 18th, 2008, 7:04 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

If I can get it it'll be on the Comicguide.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2008, 5:01 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Ok that's sounds good then.