It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:30 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2023, 12:28 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
...That is, literal dreams. It was hard to think of a subject line that was honest, but wouldn't put people off even clicking. It's a well known fact that no one really wants to know about other people's dreams. But I am being selective, of course. Since all the reboots and YouTube uploads and fans crawling out of the woodwork and whatnot, I have dreamed more than once that Jake (my brother) and I are watching a new, official season of EGB. Here are the details that I remember:

- Eduardo discovers a gas leak in his apartment, and tries to deal with the problem using some kind of flamethrower. This makes me very indignant.

- Eduardo and Garrett, for some reason, take a bath together. I don't recall my emotional reaction.

- Eduardo is revealed to be a space alien, and there has been a spacecraft accessible from his apartment the whole time. When Kylie finds out, he opens up to her about it. Jake and I want to be pleased with the interaction between them, but can't come to terms with how the writers have gone about it.

- Now then, Fritz, I hope you will forgive me for this last one, for I have dreamed about this forum too! This concerns a season 2 from 1998 or so, which we had previously written off as being no good but are now revisiting. Eduardo and Kylie are running a store together (the inspiration there clearly came from IDW). Roland and Garrett have been replaced, with a guy called Wilson and a girl whose name neither of us can remember. Jake says to me, "Wasn't it Phoebe?", to which I reply, "Oh, I hope not! If it is, Fritz will want to amalgamate her with the character in Afterlife!" This, apparently, is what I think of you. :?

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: April 24th, 2023, 3:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
EGBFan wrote:
- Now then, Fritz, I hope you will forgive me for this last one, for I have dreamed about this forum too! This concerns a season 2 from 1998 or so, which we had previously written off as being no good but are now revisiting. Eduardo and Kylie are running a store together (the inspiration there clearly came from IDW). Roland and Garrett have been replaced, with a guy called Wilson and a girl whose name neither of us can remember. Jake says to me, "Wasn't it Phoebe?", to which I reply, "Oh, I hope not! If it is, Fritz will want to amalgamate her with the character in Afterlife!" This, apparently, is what I think of you. :?

Lol...Yeah, I can see that as something I might suggest under the right (wrong?) circumstances.

Of course Phoebe's mother Callie is the one who's more contemporary to the EGB cast, technically a few years younger. I really have no set plans at this point for any of the GBA characters right now, though Deek's Report suggests that some version of Gary Grooberson exists, and the names "Trevor" and "Phoebe" have some meaning in 8932 canon. But 8932 Egon having grandkids is at least a few years away still.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2023, 5:45 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Another EGB season 2 has come to me in a dream. Roland's slightly younger sister Rebecca was introduced as a recurring character, and I think she may have become somebody's romantic interest... I would hope Garrett's. :? That must all have been very irritating as far as Fritz's timeline is concerned, but it could possibly be made to work for the one I've created with Jake. :P

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3