It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:32 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: February 21st, 2009, 4:09 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
Ok, I remember somewhere people said that Extreme Ghostbusters used the term Class 11 for a ghost in The Unseen, however while watching Revenge of the Ghostmaster, Ray said that Ghostmaster is also a Class 11. I'm starting to think that the class system is different or enhanced in the Animated series.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2009, 8:58 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I think the cartoons just made it up as they went along. It basically seems to be higher class=more powerful. If there's any real "system" to it, I never heard of it. I prefer the seven class system from the West End RPG, myself.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2009, 9:44 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
they did for one or to episodes but after a wile the just stuck with the seven class system

as i kid I didn't really get it but now I prefer the seven class system .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2009, 7:17 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Fritz wrote:
I think the cartoons just made it up as they went along. It basically seems to be higher class=more powerful.

I think that's certainly true of EGB. The demon in "The Unseen" is supposedly a class 13 - just a little higher than 11. In "Back in the Saddle" the OGBs come back from the bowling alley saying they've trapped a class four, and Garrett mutters irritably to himself, "I don't get out of bed for anything less than a class five." Seems to make some kind of sense - higher class = more powerful is good for people like me, who don't really want to think too much about numbers whilst watching a cartoon.

It is slightly weird in "Fear Itself", when Garrett's going in to bust a ghost at the beginning and says dismissively, "It's only a level C." Then later, when Kylie's freaked out by the maggots, he says excitedly, "It was a level A, wasn't it?" They never used that classification system again - maybe they were just trying it out and decided they didn't like it. Or maybe it was just a bit of discrepancy between writers.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2009, 8:44 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Hummm.. there may be something to that . we have yet to fined a good may to describe the power level of the goats we fight .

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2009, 8:15 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Location: New York, New York. Manhattan Island (SoHo district)
Zodiac: Scorpio
jason knetge wrote:
Hummm.. there may be something to that . we have yet to fined a good may to describe the power level of the goats we fight .

People usually call the Goatbusters for ridding themselves of pesky barnyard animals.

I kid, Jason.

Thus far, Jason, we do have a relative power scale we've been using.

PKE Valence: It's a combined measure of a ghost's psychokinetic power and ectopresence (the attachment of a spectral entity to the physical plane)

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2009, 2:11 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

yeah yeah . vary funny .

I just was thinking that is may be simpler for some if you ah A- D and S ranking system . it was just a suggestion

PostPosted: February 24th, 2009, 1:31 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

EGBFan wrote:
Fritz wrote:
I think the cartoons just made it up as they went along. It basically seems to be higher class=more powerful.

I think that's certainly true of EGB. The demon in "The Unseen" is supposedly a class 13 - just a little higher than 11. In "Back in the Saddle" the OGBs come back from the bowling alley saying they've trapped a class four, and Garrett mutters irritably to himself, "I don't get out of bed for anything less than a class five." Seems to make some kind of sense - higher class = more powerful is good for people like me, who don't really want to think too much about numbers whilst watching a cartoon.

yeah and "Small Stuff" Ray basiclly had the same story.

EGBFan wrote:
It is slightly weird in "Fear Itself", when Garrett's going in to bust a ghost at the beginning and says dismissively, "It's only a level C." Then later, when Kylie's freaked out by the maggots, he says excitedly, "It was a level A, wasn't it?" They never used that classification system again - maybe they were just trying it out and decided they didn't like it. Or maybe it was just a bit of discrepancy between writers.
Yeah I remember that whole letter thing. I have no clue why.

Its no doubt that the writers sometimes were the problem in a give episode. However, With RGB I'm still thinking they do have a bit of thought in the Class system though they are not using the 7 class system in the RPG.

Its not surprising there's no real answer to this. Theres other inconstancy in the series such as what a Proton can and can't do. The Ghost Trap had issues within the series as well as apparently in one episode all 4 ghostbusters and Slimer went into the trap and in another episode they said they never had people in a ghost trap before.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2009, 8:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
The dangers of having different writers and having episodes air out of order, yeah.

The RPG had ghostly power measured by two scores:

Power. The ability to affect our time-space continuum. This statistic was used, in game terms, to make the rolls with their supernatural abilities.

Ectopresence. The ghost's connection to our time-space continuum. When the Ectopresence reached zero, the ghost can be held by a proton beam in confinement mode and sucked into a ghost trap.

In game terms, a successful hit from a proton pack in attack mode would cause the loss of trait points; if the ghost chooses to lose power, it cannot fight back as well, but while no die rolls were made on Ectopresence, losing points from this trait made the ghost more vulnerable to being trapped.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2010, 6:58 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

To add more to this slow burning fire here, check this out from Marvel RGB Annual 1990....

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100714225313/ghostbusters/images/7/72/GBANNUAL1990Classsystem.png

Yes they here were trying to address a class system here. Fail as it may, and noting that Marvels comics are more on the kidish side, Still quite interesting. Note Ray at the top saying something about a unlisted class 9.