It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:11 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: July 25th, 2008, 12:50 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Libra
TheRazorsEdge wrote:
You know, I don't go around sharing my disturbing sexual fetishes with people who didn't ask.

My user name is a disturbing sexual fetish, should'a seen it comin', babe.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2008, 3:57 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
My username is a pro-wrestling maneuver, a bad movie, and an AC/DC album. Somehow I manage to converse about none of the above.

Just sayin'.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2008, 9:59 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Oh, wakka wakka, I'm sorry I can't hold back my thoughts of Skeletor railing Beastman from behind, how could I? It's just so...magically delicious.

Sharing is caring anyway.

And if you really think I'm serious...wtf is wrong with you? <3

PostPosted: July 26th, 2008, 4:10 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Fine, that's fine, fine.

For the record, though, Skeletor was the straight one, that's why he was the villain.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2008, 9:50 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Location: Townsville, Australia. (No, not where the Powerpuff Girls live!)
Zodiac: Taurus
DonkeyPunch wrote:
I think you need to lighten up, seriously, the guy probably made more because OTHER people thought they were funny. I did, I watched a bunch of them.

Question is, would you be as upset if it was He-Man or something else?

Yes. I do get just as annoyed when it's my other favourite things. I just happened to come across these ones too. I know that there are also gayish He-Man vids on You Tube. And I also hate implications that He-Man is gay as he's also another of my childhood heroes.

I'm sure real life gay people don't think it's very funny either because it's so stereotypical, even if it is only meant as a joke.

Quote:
well here's the thing. If he had dun it once I would have thought ok that's some what funny , but doing it fore or five times . That's to much and it gets old .

I agree with you too Jason. Once might have been amusing, if stupid, but 9 times is serialising it!

The guy's a serial killer, killing my favourite cartoon! :roll:

PostPosted: July 26th, 2008, 3:03 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Arafel wrote:
1. In fandom, male characters are gay unless proven straight, and even that means nothing

2. Complaining about it is like spitting in the wind.

I said something similar when a related topic came up a few months ago:

http://www.ectozone.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=113

Quote:
There should be a Law of the Internet, if there isn't already, along the lines of Rule 34: "If it has more that two male characters in it, somebody somewhere will write those two characters in a slashfic, even if they hate the piss out of each other in canon."
:lol:

PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 2:42 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Many of the interests and values I hold as a grown man were created by the things I liked as a kid.

I have long hair, and probably always will for the rest of my life, because when I was growing up, all of the characters I idolized, like the Green Ranger, professional wrestlers, half the characters in my favorite video game Mortal Kombat, even Superman in that decade, had long hair. It's ingrained in my mind that my hairstyle represents badassery and manliness.

Hell, the first woman I was ever attracted to was Catwoman in Batman Returns, and let's just say that's influenced my sexual fetishes.

So you'll just have to forgive me if I look at this:

This...nearly naked "beefcake" with...(I don't know what you even call that hairstyle but in my entire life, I've only ever seen it on women)...and have trouble respecting the feelings of anyone who idolized it as a child. It's just kinda disturbing from my point of view, because I didn't watch this show growing up and can look at it with the discerning, critical eye of an adult.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 6:07 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

He-Man was totally rocking the Pete Rose look.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 7:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

"Page boy" is the term I've heard used to describe Classic He-Man's haircut. Which frankly doesn't make it sound very manly and heterosexual, does it?

PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 9:59 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Virgo
DonkeyPunch wrote:

Where did you get that horrifying picture? I'm saving that one for the baseball fans.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 10:41 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
I remember seeing he-man when I was a kid but it was that other carton . dame I cant remember the name . I think it was he-man and the ultimate challenge ,

I akso get in to the 2001 cartoon .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: July 28th, 2008, 5:33 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Location: Townsville, Australia. (No, not where the Powerpuff Girls live!)
Well He-man is a barbarian/medievel style hero & that's the way they tended to dress & look (yes in actual real history as well). He-Man was based on a mixture of Prince Valiant & Conan, the Barbarian. Anybody care to call Arnie homosexual? Probably not.
Also in He-Man & the Masters of the Universe & She-Ra: Princess of Power He-Man/Prince Adam was seen flirting with girls & girls with him in return all the time. Teela, Celice, a few girls in the palace, Princess Rhea, Frosta, Castaspella, Glimmer, Sweet Bee. Can't think of any others right now, but I never saw him flirting with or even looking at male characters in a sexual &/or romantic way.
In the comics based on the recent re-make cartoon Evil-Lyn was also interested in him on occaision.
But yes, unfortuneately he does also cop the same flak as the Ghostbusters do with regards to what his sexual orientation is.
Mostly just because of the way he looks & that is a very weak argument, not to mention petty. Just because someone looks different, they must be weird or if they dress flamboyantly, they must be gay. Adam wears a pink shirt, therefore he must be gay according to some people. Marshall Dillon from Gunsmoke too wore a pink shirt for 20 years, Vegeta from Dragonball Z wears a pink shirt sometimes as well, Egon also wears a pink shirt & has pink on the collar & cuffs of his uniform. Therefore they must all be gay, despite their female love interests! Right?
Personally I like a guy in a pink shirt! It makes them look so cute & sexy! So I don't mind if a straight guy wears a pink shirt & I'm not going to assume that he's gay just because of that either.
Superman is also getting the "He's gay!" treatment now because of the way he's dressed.
They're victims of today's society, they truly are. A world gone mad! I long for days past when you weren't judged just by the way you dressed, you were judged by your actions as it should be.
I'll always love He-Man & the GBs no matter what anyone has to say against them or about them. They're among my favourite childhood & even adulthood heroes. I'm happiest when watching them on the telly. They truly represent the innocence & fun of the greatest decade ever & also helped to define my behaviour, morals, ethics & beliefs & are great heroes who always do the right thing, even when it hurts them. I just wish I could be more like them.

PostPosted: July 28th, 2008, 3:59 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
I agree with that JECrazy! ;)

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: July 28th, 2008, 7:09 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP_rIAkb_v8

I totally base my morals and beliefs off of my favorite show as a child, My Little Pony. This is why I live in a purely Amazonian style commune, play softball, and only deal with males once a month in order to ensure procreation, otherwise I'd just lick apple sauce off of my "sisters" all day.

But seriously, I dunno, I learned to laugh at both myself and the things I like a long time ago (which is half the reason why I'm awesome). Honestly, who really thinks He-Man is gay? It's a joke, the creators probably didn't think about the way they did shit because it's a cartoon, one in which came out in a time where animation wasn't seen as a legit medium (and one can even still argue this now; change has only started to come due to the influx of Japanese animation, however American animation still remains confined to humor and/or children's programming). At that age and in that time period girl's still couldn't figure out that Boy George and George Michaels where gay for Christ's sake, all that stuff is a recent mockery, why? Because it's funny to make fun of old shit, like when my parents make fun of 8-tracks and David Bowie (who was just a sensitive guy, btw, lol).

No one's personally attacking you because you happen to like something, it's just a spoof. I know more than is healthy about Sailor Moon (oh jeez my secret shame), but does that mean I get huffy over Sailor Moon jokes? No, I embrace them, because you know what, in the end it's still funny, no matter how mad I get about it.

PostPosted: July 28th, 2008, 7:15 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Arafel wrote:
DonkeyPunch wrote:

Where did you get that horrifying picture? I'm saving that one for the baseball fans.

Google images is my bff