It is currently March 19th, 2024, 1:38 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Parents on RGB
PostPosted: February 20th, 2023, 4:37 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Whose parents do we see on RGB? I know we see Egon's mother in "Ghostworld", and Peter's father in "Venkman's Ghost Repellers", and I think it's mentioned that Ray's parents are dead, but do we ever see Egon's father or Venkman's mother? Or either of Winston's parents?

Post subject: Re: Parents on RGB
PostPosted: February 21st, 2023, 9:25 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Ectoplasmic Cat wrote:
Whose parents do we see on RGB? I know we see Egon's mother in "Ghostworld", and Peter's father in "Venkman's Ghost Repellers", and I think it's mentioned that Ray's parents are dead, but do we ever see Egon's father or Venkman's mother? Or either of Winston's parents?

We do see Winston's Dad, Big Ed Zeddemore, in "The Brooklyn Triangle" Janine's parents (along with a sister, a brother or brother-in-law, a nephew, and a grandmother) in "Janine's Day Off"

Venkman's Dad is also seen in "Cold Cash And Hard Water" and "The Treasure of the Sierra Tamale", and Egon's Mom's debut is at the very end of "Til Death Do Us Part"

Ray's parents being dead actually comes from a line in the first movie: "My parents left me that house; I was born there!"

We never see Egon's Dad or Venkman's Mom; Venkman talks about his mother as though she was dead in RGB#9 and "The Thing In Mrs. Favesham's Attic", while "Ghostbuster of the Year" and "Devil In The Deep" have Venkman refer to her as though she's alive.

Post subject: Re: Parents on RGB
PostPosted: February 26th, 2023, 4:15 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
"The Brooklyn Triangle" was one of four RGB episodes that CITV randomly showed in the spring/summer school term of 1994. I remember Winston's dad, but apart from that, Jake had to remind me of the details re. the Land of Lost Objects (he also just told me that date and number of episodes!).

One of those featuring Peter's dad was among the handful of episodes that were on a cable channel over here, not long after I first got involved with the online community, so some time early this century. I don't remember which it was; again, I have forgotten the details! But I do remember being interested to see the character, having read about "Charlie" Venkman in a few fanfics already.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3