It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:57 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: November 8th, 2023, 12:37 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini

I wasn't digging the red uniforms but after seeing the trailer I'm happy they are just jackets.

I also got a little bit of RGB vibes with the lion coming to life.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

Last edited by Fritz on November 8th, 2023, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed Youtube Code

PostPosted: November 8th, 2023, 3:34 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Does look spiffy. As long as Vigo the Carpathian isn't involved :lol:

PostPosted: November 8th, 2023, 4:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

After watching the teaser:

The villain appears to not have a blessed thing to do with Vigo.

The caution striping on the side of the power cell is, intentionally or not (and my bet is intentionally), visually evocative of the cartoon hanging the ghost traps there.

We see Winston, Ray, and even Venkman. What Bill Murray decides to appear in is always a crap shoot.

The villain appears to not have a blessed thing to do with Gozer, either.

No sign yet of a shoehorned in Rick Moranis appearance. Let the guy be retired in peace, sheesh.

Not So Likes:

I don't know who any of these new characters are yet!!! :lol:

While we saw Ray, Winston, and Venkman, we didn't see the last key character: you know, the lady who gave Egon the lucky coin all those years ago...

All in all, looks pretty spiffy.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2023, 12:37 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I have a feeling that maybe the big bad was already in the ECU and it escaped when the firehouse started to freeze.

I'm getting a little bit of RGB vibes from the level of the mayhem.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2023, 2:01 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

jason knetge wrote:

Yeah, and that's a good thing. Hopefully not a lot of the "We start the movie out of business and everyone thinks we're losers" thing; we've seen that in every movie up to now and EGB. Let them start already in New York doing their thing; maybe not busy busy, but grife, say Winston already got everything running between the movies and go from there. The fact that the younger cast members have obviously aged could make that easy to justify.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2023, 9:45 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Somebody posted some drawings that give what appears to be a very good look at the Frozen Empire proton packs.

We may know what the Ectozone universe's Mark 5s look like now. It's a very good combination of updating while still being very recognizable.

We'll see, I guess.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2023, 12:58 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

seeing your post I was a little worried at first. thinking oh no what did they do with it?
I was ready to complain about a change but seeing that. I'm like hum that's hardly anything, not bad.

Fritz wrote:
jason knetge wrote:

Yeah, and that's a good thing. Hopefully not a lot of the "We start the movie out of business and everyone thinks we're losers" thing; we've seen that in every movie up to now and EGB. Let them start already in New York doing their thing; maybe not busy busy, but grife, say Winston already got everything running between the movies and go from there. The fact that the younger cast members have obviously aged could make that easy to justify.

don't worry, the movie after this will have them out of business and everyone will think they are losers. JK LOL
The first time for GB2 it was mostly lawsuits and a downturn in work that had them go out of business.
I can't quite remember. ( you could correct me on it ) I don't think they ever said how long they lasted after GB2.
if we count the game and GBA . then it sounds like they hung in there for quite a while.
I'm not surprised that a lot of people don't remember them in GBA. I'm now old enough to see how kids don't think about anything before the year they are born. :P
I will also say it surprised me how many would be GB3 scrip started out with them out of business or just going out.
I also have a feeling the people working on this movie might have grown up with the RGB show. so I have a feeling there might be more of an influence on this franchise going forward.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2023, 5:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The guys on GBFans are going nuts about the new item of clothing seen in the teaser, a red parka with the Ghostbusters logo in black on the left shoulder.

What I found hilarious was the first ones to come up with a very good approximation were the members of a "real life" franchise, the Los Angeles Ghostbusters (as compared to a certain LA-based fan fic franchise).

You know, from a part of the world that's just about never going to need cold weather gear. :lol:

PostPosted: November 19th, 2023, 5:57 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Maurice LaMarche and J. Michael Straczynski comment on Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire taking influence from The Real Ghostbusters

Quote:
Following the trailer reveal of Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, franchise newcomer Kumail Nanjiani took to social media, not only re-posting the long-awaited first look at the film but also proclaiming that the filmmakers had used The Real Ghostbusters cartoon series as a “point of reference.”

Quote:
Among those who commented on Nanjiani’s post was The Real Ghostbusters writer and story editor J. Michael Straczynski, responding, “Would have been nice if my phone had rung somewhere along the way.”

Quote:
In a separate post, a fan would tag Sony Pictures and Frozen Empire co-writer and producer Jason Reitman, asking, “How about bringing in J. Michael Straczynski for the next one?” with Straczynski seemingly more than ready to lend his creative talents, replying, “Yeah, hey, how about that? Huh? Huh? HUH?”

Maurice LaMarche wrote:
“Well, @Straczynski did tell me that the mandate for the original Real Ghostbusters seasons was that any of the episodes would make a great Ghostbusters sequel, so there’s that. There’s also the fact that some cameos by us RGB actors might’ve been fun. For the fans as well as us.“

Now if only Reitman hadn't retroactively turned Movie Egon into such a jerk as to be unrecognizable to Animated Egon...

PostPosted: November 28th, 2023, 7:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Maurice LaMarche wrote:
“Well, @Straczynski did tell me that the mandate for the original Real Ghostbusters seasons was that any of the episodes would make a great Ghostbusters sequel, so there’s that. There’s also the fact that some cameos by us RGB actors might’ve been fun. For the fans as well as us.“

And then I thought, damn, combine that with something I said back during the thread on Afterlife:

Hire Laura Summer to be Callie's Mom!

:lol: :P

PostPosted: November 29th, 2023, 4:27 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Fritz wrote:
The guys on GBFans are going nuts about the new item of clothing seen in the teaser, a red parka with the Ghostbusters logo in black on the left shoulder.

What I found hilarious was the first ones to come up with a very good approximation were the members of a "real life" franchise, the Los Angeles Ghostbusters (as compared to a certain LA-based fan fic franchise).

You know, from a part of the world that's just about never going to need cold weather gear. :lol:

well, sometimes it does get cold out here. but its CA cold LOL

PostPosted: December 19th, 2023, 2:54 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Three new posters are out

One includes Slimer :jacko:

PostPosted: December 19th, 2023, 11:42 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

its safe to say the posters look cool

PostPosted: January 4th, 2024, 2:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

It'd probably cause too much of a shitstorm if I responded to this on GBFans, but I have to respond to it SOMEWHERE:

https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 1#p4990151
DancingToaster wrote:
If that's the case, I hope that Ray isn't heavily treated like a resentful, reckless jerk. The character deserves better.

Why not? They turned Egon into a thief and a deadbeat Dad in Afterlife. I couldn't put this past them.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2024, 2:25 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Well, this is interesting...

https://deadline.com/2024/01/ghostbuste ... 8Ohb7r6HhM

Quote:
Columbia Pictures‘ Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire has pushed up its release date by one week, from March 29 to March 22, 2024, Sony announced on Tuesday.

The move positions the film to capitalize on another week of spring break viewership in a fairly open window, opening against Lionsgate’s Mark Wahlberg adventure pic Arthur the King and Focus Features’ The American Society of Magical Negroes, among other titles.