It is currently March 19th, 2024, 5:56 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: October 6th, 2021, 11:56 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Capricorn
Good lord, I haven't even thought of trying to look for any new GB figs in my area, just simply because I haven't been in a Wal-Mart since before lock-down last year. I will say that the only piece of official GB merch I got my hands on was Spengler's Neutrona Wand and it is awesome. I will say that I got it for like $100+s/h, but I just checked the price and it has increased to almost where the Matty Collector wand was when it was released.

I haz deviantArt.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2021, 5:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I figured those that don't go to GBFans or anywhere else might need to know about this:

PostPosted: October 27th, 2021, 6:01 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/has ... roton-pack

$400

PostPosted: October 27th, 2021, 7:56 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

To buy one of those packs is about half of what you'd pay for a kit, but it's still a lot of money honestly to blow all at once. The only reasons I'm even tempted to get it is 1. it's the pack my thrower attaches to, 2. you can pull some of it apart and get into the cyclotron and N-filter. I like that simply because I like seeing how things work and having actual pics of doing 'maintenance work' is a thing I'd like to do.

Edit: I pulled the trigger on this and added my money to the funding. I can also see a lot of people modding the pack to look like the GB1 packs, but still can't beat the price of an almost full pack.

I haz deviantArt.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2021, 12:32 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Total backers so far: 6,339.

I haz deviantArt.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2021, 3:46 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
there is a really good chance I'm going to get this. also I cant belive how close it its and is just a week

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2021, 6:35 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Yeah, I was really on the fence about getting it, too, but wanting a 'cheap' full-sized proton pack was just too good of an opportunity to pass up honestly. If you go to this this post, I'm modding most of the Spirit Halloween stuff to be more movie accurate, and just having this proton pack would set everything off just beautifully. And hopefully, they also reach all their stretch goals so we get everything they promise.

I haz deviantArt.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2021, 2:57 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

It's official, we're getting the Proton Pack at least. Still have like 30 some odd days before the funding cuts off though.

I haz deviantArt.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2021, 6:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

egon901 wrote:
It's official, we're getting the Proton Pack at least. Still have like 30 some odd days before the funding cuts off though.

Yeah, I'm glad this made it. I just wish I could afford it; I guess the Spirit pack I bought a few years ago will have to do.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2021, 9:43 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Yeah, the Spirit packs are good for what they are honestly, and are pretty light since there's such small amounts of electronics. Two boards for lights/sounds, 1 speaker, 1 switch, and three bulbs, two in the newtrona wand and one for the power cell. The LEDs for the cyclotron are on the boards, plus all the wires. Unfortunately, the version they came out with this year had a more movie accurate cyclotron and power cell light sequence than the last two when firing. It's sad that they had to bring that out for the third iteration, plus the ribbon cable is wider.

Now all we have to do for the Spengler Proton Pack is to get the Tier 1 stretch goal handled, just so Spengler's wand can be integrated with the pack with a special hose that also connects the wand to pack power.

I haz deviantArt.

PostPosted: November 24th, 2021, 3:12 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Spoiler!

Holy crap...that's kinda horrifying...

PostPosted: November 24th, 2021, 4:54 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Little bit, but that's pretty much how he looked in the movie, just so you know. And I have to appreciate the detail of the pack they come with, since it's basically how she finds it in the movie.

Also, update on the Proton Pack. 10,485 backers, tier 1 stretch goals met. They also unveiled the other tiers as well. Also, Adam Savage pf Mythbusters fame, who also worked on Afterlife, got to mess around with the prototype of the pack. You can watch it here.

I haz deviantArt.

PostPosted: November 24th, 2021, 11:38 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
egon901 wrote:
but that's pretty much how he looked in the movie

I don't know, the choice to make his head flesh colored instead of transparent blue plastic strikes me as the weirdest thing about the figure.

Side note, I ordered the pack. I probably shouldn't have but $400 is the cheapest an accurate lookin' pack will ever be.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2021, 12:51 am 
Doberman
Doberman

A lighter touch with the brush is the one way I can think of to remedy the creepiness, or have the paint be semi-transparent just so you can recognize the figure as ghost Egon and not some rando out of the ECU. It's a good likeness of Harold though.

And same here for the pack. I'd gotten the wand way back when it was still less than a hundred and was going back and forth on the pack. Then went to a site where they sell a full pack kit and it was over $900.

I haz deviantArt.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2021, 4:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Proton pack pre-order ends tonight. They've gone past all the stretch goals, and some of the wags on GBFans are wondering why they didn't add more. :roll:

I really envy everybody who was able to make this work for themselves financially.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next