It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:41 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: June 8th, 2019, 7:03 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
It was 30 years ago today (35, actually. I'm a Beatles fan, roll with me, here) that a certain movie hit theaters, one that would start us on our mad little journey. I'm partial to the RGB versions of the guys, myself, but it all had to start somewhere. Happy 35th!

PostPosted: June 8th, 2019, 9:40 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus

June 8, 2019 marks thirty-five years since a little movie called Ghostbusters debuted in movie theaters. It spawned two animated sequels, one movie sequel with a second now in production, a movie reboot, comics from five different publishers, and legions of fans who've kept the fire burning even when there was nothing coming out from Columbia/Sony.

It's sobering a bit to realize, that having had this site running for sixteen of those thirty-five years, I've been doing this for almost half of Ghostbusters entire history! Guys like Chris Stewart, Troy Benjamin, AJ Quick, Paul Rudoff, and Chad Paulson have been doing it even longer, journeying well over that halfway mark.

So here's to thirty-five years of four guys, a girl and a ghost protecting the world from Sumerian gods, Carpathian despots, vampires, cymbal monkeys, the Great Old Ones, Boogeymen, trolls, winged pumas, werechickens, dinosaurs, giant bugs, mutants from other dimensions, and anything else they can charge billable hours for!