It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:08 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: GB2 Cereal Box Promotion
PostPosted: June 8th, 2013, 5:28 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
My brother recently found his old Nestle cereal box backs featuring scenes from Ghostbusters II, complete with stickers, and uploaded them to deviantART. If you want to take a look at them, you'll see that most of the stickers are wrongly placed. This is because, not only was Jake a little kid at the time, but he hadn't even seen the movie yet when he did this. So do bear that in mind. ;)

River of Slime
The Courtroom
Fifth Avenue
The Art Gallery

I remember now, seeing the film for the first time and finally making sense of these things. :lol:

Does anyone remember this promotion? Was it done in the US, or just the UK? Jake wonders, as he's curious as to what scenes he missed, if any (logically, it seems to make sense that there were four with Shreddies and four with Shredded Wheat) - but he can't seem to find anything out online.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: June 8th, 2013, 6:37 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I don't remember this one. I may have to dig around GBFans and see if anybody else has heard of it.

If they haven't, they might be interested in finding out.

:)

PostPosted: June 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Gemini
To add some fascinating insight into how I got hold of these rare treasures, our local supermarket seemed only to stock 'The Courtroom' packs, so I ended up with five of those with various stickers stuck on in various positions. I only ever had one 'River of Slime', which came from a larger supermarket in a larger town about five miles away from ours.

I rescued two 'Art Gallery' backs from our paternal grandparents, who were going to put them on the bonfire! I guessed/worked out where the sticker featuring Oscar on a blanket should be placed (which I suppose is pretty obvious, really!) and I was chuffed to see him end up in the position I had chosen for him when I finally saw the movie.

My single 'Fifth Avenue' back was discovered in an out-of-town supermarket near the village where we used to spend our summer holidays in our maternal grandmother's cottage (the grandmother who donated her surname to Kylie's Grandma Rose) and clearly the stickers that came with it were actually meant to be used with 'The Courtroom', but I never got that set of stickers with any of the many copies of that scene which I did collect!

I had no concept that the Statue of Liberty was out of place on Fifth Avenue - I knew Ghostbusters was set in New York, I knew the Statue of Liberty was in New York, so the scene seemed to make a certain amount of sense to me at the time, even though this was an entirely erroneous impression. The ghosts that I stuck on to flank Lady Liberty are clearly the Scoleri brothers, and there was also a sticker of an overflowing jar of mood slime that came on the same sticker sheet, but that one got lost at some point over the years.

PostPosted: June 12th, 2017, 11:23 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Gemini
Oh my God, someone else in the world finally remembers these things! The link below leads to pristine pictures of all four Ghostbusters II scenes (yes, it turns out there were only four available and you could get them with both types of cereal, so I did have them all!) along with clear scans of all six sticker sheets, just to prove that I wasn't lying about the jar of mood slime. Elsewhere on the site you can see the extremely similar Thundercats scenes and stickers, which I also remember cutting out and collecting but sadly did not manage to keep track of over the years.

http://cerealoffers.com/Cereal_Partners ... ckers.html