All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: September 20th, 2011, 8:46 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... tersUpdate

Quote:
Ghostbusters™ Fans,

You know how much love the Matty team has for Ghostbusters, and although we were ready to support a subscription in 2012, sales were lower than we expected. We regret to announce that we have to cancel the 2012 Club Ecto-1 subscription. All 2012 orders will be promptly refunded. If you purchased a 2012 subscription, you should see the refund in your account within 5-7 business days of your refund being processed, depending on your bank. All 2011 subscriptions will continue to ship as scheduled.

Like you, we’re disappointed that the subscription will be going away for 2012, but to show our appreciation for you fans who stepped up and bought a 2012 subscription, we’re working on a “thank you” just for you. Stay tuned as we’ll have something special coming for you in appreciation for your support.

Please know that the Ghostbusters line isn’t over! To do right by all Ghostbusters fans, we’re still moving forward with the previously announced figures for 2012 (Ready to Believe You Peter with Taxi Cab Ghost, The Rookie, Dana as Zuul) and a fourth figure in the fall, to be announced. These figures will be available at our regular monthly sales. Like our other lines, costs have risen since the brand was launched and the price of the 6″ figures will increase to $22 each.

Now on to brighter news. In celebration of the boo bustin’ boys’ favorite time of the year, we’re going to re-release some of your favorite figures during a special Ghostbusters Halloween sale. The sale will run from 10/17 through 10/31, and it’s the perfect time to fill in any missing characters in your collection and stock up on favorites. But wait… yes, there’s more! Not only will we have a great selection of characters, the October 17 sale will also bring the long-awaited Ghost Trap prop, plus the return of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!

Again, on behalf of the team, thanks for being a loyal fan. Long live the Ghostbusters!

—Matty

Mattel's drawn lots of praise for their figures, and props like the PKE Meter and the Ghost Trap, but also lots of criticism for the inevitable parade of variants of the original Ghostbusters (something Kenner fell victim to, in ways even worse--so far Mattel has actually only made stuff that was on-screen instead of weird variants). Some people hated the Retro Action line. And of course there were the guys on GBFans who bitched about the skin tones of the GB2 set and threw a fit that Mattel didn't teleport the PKE Meters into their mail boxes.

But personally, while I didn't buy much of the line (really only the GB2 set, the Retro Action set, and a PKE Meter though the generous act of a truly great man) I couldn't complain about the quality of it--it's excellent.

That being said, it bubbles to mind that some of Mattel's beginning to abandon the line has to do with the fact that, when they signed the contracts nearly three years ago, they thought they were only a couple of years away from a movie they could merchandise the everloving shit out of; the figures they released were supposed to be the warm-up for the GB3 cash machine. Three years later, and they're still a couple of years away if it ever happens at all, so they're beginning to cut their losses.

I kinda feel bad for them, actually.

PostPosted: September 21st, 2011, 5:35 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
so do I but I blame the bitching in GB fans and the guys holding up the film.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel