It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:38 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: September 1st, 2011, 1:26 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Libra
No I didn't write this article, but I could have...oh, I so could have...

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/08/26/gh ... lp00000011

PostPosted: September 1st, 2011, 6:48 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
I can't say I like that article much, but it's a blog rather than an article per se, so fair enough it's centred around personal opinion. Still, we needn't agree with everything there, and some of us thought GB2 was fantastic. Some of us even enjoyed it more than the original. Let's just leave GB2 out of this, shall we? :twisted:

It probably isn't true that 'no one' wants to see the third movie, however bad it ends up being, but it's certainly true that a lot of people think it's going to be awful, if it ever happens - and I'm still not convinced. But if it does, I don't see how it could possibly be any good. Movies are different from cartoons. With EGB they tried to make a nice, palatable sequel to RGB, and for my money they excelled themselves. But I don't see the same thing happening with a movie (and even if it did, most people would hate it anyway, right? :P ).

This blogger is quite correct in that the ideas listed are nonsense, apart from - I think - the whole 'passing the torch' thing. If a movie must be made, that seems a sensible thing to do. I don't really want to see a movie all about the original Ghostbusters, because it wouldn't work now. I don't wish to sound ageist, but I do think it would be extraordinarily difficult to recapture those classic characters after all this time. The dog has had its day.

That's not to say I want to see a movie about a new team of Ghostbusters either. I really don't want to see any GB3 of any kind, and if the movie does ever get made, I won't pay to see it. I'll watch it when it comes on TV, though, out of morbid curiosity. Wouldn't it be funny if I ended up loving it? :P

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: September 1st, 2011, 6:48 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I don't think GB3 is a good idea, but I don't 100% agree with the article either. I enjoyed EGB too, so the old "Pass the torch" plot is not intrinsically offensive to me.

But I pretty much laid out my concerns about GB3 here:
viewtopic.php?p=3556#p3556

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2011, 6:35 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Aries
Hey if they do third move right then I'm not against it, but nothing could come close to the original. Let's just hope that if they do this one that they just don't screw it up. I would go see it no matter what. It looks like we'll just have to wait and see.

Sometimes in my job I feel just like Janine, over worked and under paid!