It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:04 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: *sigh* GB sequel news
PostPosted: September 6th, 2008, 2:48 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Anyone else here think this might be a bad idea?

http://www.comcast.net/tv/seenontv/1079 ... erssequel/

Didn't Dan Aykroyd already write one?

PostPosted: September 6th, 2008, 3:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Well, yeah, but Aykroyd's like, old, and hasn't written anything that connects with todays audience, who requires more refined humor like fart jokes :roll:

I've avoided commenting on this thing anywhere for a variety of reasons.

1. These discussions aren't good for my blood pressure or assessment of the rest of humanity.

2. All it is is some guys working on a script. There's a ton of steps where something can go wrong, from somebody at the studio going "trash this, there's not enough fart jokes for today's kids to relate to" to Bill Murray going "No. I did a voice in your video game so you'd shut the fuck up and leave me alone. Now stop bugging me with this shit."

3. Let's face it, there's just no way this could please everybody after all this time. What are the options? "Ew, those guys are so old and out of shape. My memories of my childhood have been desecrated!!!" "A bunch of new characters? I wanted Venkman and Ray, not Extreme Ghostbusters the movie! My memories of my childhood have been desecrated!!!" "They tried to do a fucking remake/reboot of Ghostbusters?! Don't they know nobody can be Venkman but Bill Murray?! My memories of my childhood have been desecrated!!!"

I just can't bring myself to think this is going to end well, one way or another.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2008, 4:05 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

My thoughts almost exactly. When I read that article, I was going "WTF????" all during it.

I think Slimer put it well: :puke:

PostPosted: September 6th, 2008, 7:21 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I also had that same reaction. I thought that the video game is GB3. I don't know why they want a GB3 movie.

As Ray put it :ray: -booo!

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: September 7th, 2008, 2:16 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Libra
Okay, I may get totally slimed for this but...I was a way bigger fan of the television show over the movie...so I actually wouldn't mind if they did another movie based off of the TELEVISION show...with characters that looked/acted like Peter, Egon, Janine, Ray and Winston from The Real Ghostbusters...I'm all about keeping it real and authentic, but if they did that trying to emulate the cartoon, I wouldn't feel as 'betrayed'...And I recently became a fan of the "Office" this summer, and it's some pretty interesting humor (although not for everyone...)...
and unfortunately, I think the original actors are too old for the role anyways...perfect opportunity for a sexier, younger bunch to enter and attract a new generation...

But that would probably never happen...and I know that most people loved the movies over the series...soooooo...

That being said, however, knowing how die hard most Ghostbusters fans are re: Bill, Ernie, Dan and Harold, I'm a big fan of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and it's better to end on the high (?) note that was Ghostbusters 2 and just leave it be...as the Ghostbusters video game already has people biting their nails with anxiety...a new movie with new stars, writers and special effects may 'taint' the whole franchise, and the legacy of what it was...

So with respect to the original Ghostbusters fans, I think it's a horrible idea...I smell a bomb...

Sorta like 90210...just let sleeping dogs lie...don't really know why they felt the need to "go there" again...it was, what it was...just leave it alone and let it be...

PostPosted: September 7th, 2008, 4:50 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
I'm so F%#ing sick of this . every F&%#ing year we do this . 06 . 07 and now 08 .

rgbforever wrote:

Okay, I may get totally slimed for this but...I was a way bigger fan of the television show over the movie...so I actually wouldn't mind if they did another movie based off of the TELEVISION show...with characters that looked/acted like Peter, Egon, Janine, Ray and Winston from The Real Ghostbusters...I'm all about keeping it real and authentic, but if they did that trying to emulate the cartoon, I wouldn't feel as 'betrayed'...And I recently became a fan of the "Office" this summer, and it's some pretty interesting humor (although not for everyone...)...
and unfortunately, I think the original actors are too old for the role anyways...perfect opportunity for a sexier, younger bunch to enter and attract a new generation...

I'm ok with a CGI film my self .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: September 7th, 2008, 1:57 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Scorpio
No. No cgi.

I like the office, it's really funny (lol Scrantonicity) but if they go through with a cgi version, im done here.

the better idea would be to make not a third movie, but a tv series, something much in the vein of things like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Lost. Hell, Terminator even. If you were to get Whedon involved, that'd be icing on the cake. But no, no, no. No movie. Please. I am begging the powers that be to STOP THE MADNESS! A third installment would be like going the way of the Matrix.

If it were to be a television series, say an hour long each night, THINK ABOUT IT. Everyone would be happy. the die-hards (myself included) would get their fix, a station (probably the CW or Fox, because they'd definitely show something like this) would get boosted ratings. It works out for everyone.

I don't see why no one considered this.
Whatever.
If this movie comes out, I'll bite. I'll watch, I'll critique, and then I'll pitch.

(Can you tell I like things being done my way??)

I say we petition.

PostPosted: September 7th, 2008, 2:12 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
To expand on my earlier post:

Sony pisses off someone no matter what happens.

"Eew! They're so old and out of shape! I want to remember them exactly as they were in 1989! They've raped my childhood just to make money!!!"

"They made it CGI!?! This isn't a proper sequel--only a live action movie would be a proper sequel! They've raped my childhood just to make money!!!"

"WTF? A bunch of new characters? I wanted Venkman and Ray, not Extreme Ghostbusters: The Movie! Those bunch of flavor-of-the-month 'hot' comedians ruined it! They've raped my childhood just to make money!!!"

"They tried to do a fucking remake/reboot of Ghostbusters?! Don't they know nobody can be Venkman but Bill Murray?! They've raped my childhood just to make money!!!"

PostPosted: September 7th, 2008, 5:27 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Why can't they leave it alone and just do it as a video game? It makes more sense. :evil:

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: September 7th, 2008, 6:06 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
My honest first thoughts are this: Imagine life as you know it stopping instantaniously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light! It's Bad Peter, it's very bad.

Right now my thoughts are these:
Fritz is right!

I don't wish to think about it any more, I was never on board with a new movie and this is the worst possible way to bring it about: I mean getting these particular people involved who seem to be involved, its like my worst nightmare, and I'm sure I will have a nightmare about it before its over with.

If they were smart, they'd pay Fritz to wirte it.

ghostdiva

PostPosted: September 7th, 2008, 6:49 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Agent K wrote:
No. No cgi.

I meant RGB CGI

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: September 7th, 2008, 9:55 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

ok, RGB CGI makes a little more sense, but still.

Ghostdiva, i totally agree.
If this movie releases, I will have a total protonic reversal!

the only beef i have with the video game is that i still live in the dark ages. i have the old school nintendo and naught else.

xboxes make great birthday gifts.

PostPosted: September 7th, 2008, 9:56 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

oh, and a side note- if will ferrell is involved in any way, shape or form, i will raise hell, Gozerian-style.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2008, 8:02 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Libra
Quote:
If they were smart, they'd pay Fritz to wirte it.

Finally, someone talking some SENSE!!!! :D

PostPosted: September 8th, 2008, 10:37 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I agree indeed. I'm still hoping that this is only a rumor. I don't want to see the franchise ruined in anyway.