All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Re: EGBFanArt
PostPosted: May 29th, 2023, 1:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
EGBFan wrote:
Friction

Eduardo with the ghost of his own ancestor (who refused to come out of my pencil any smaller!). If you've been following my fanfic, you may guess who it is, but all explanations are there at the above link (and a different, less extensive one on the ever-growing fanart page of my website).

That's a very good depiction of Gaspar, based on the screencaps I've seen. And yeah, too much Carlos in Gaspar (or, I guess more accurately, too much Gaspar in Carlos) for Eduardo to like him very much. :lol:

PostPosted: August 27th, 2023, 8:19 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Kylie's Adventures Underground

The link includes some text about my inspiration and such that I hope interested parties will read, but all I want to say here and now is: this was DIFFICULT and it took me AGES!

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: August 27th, 2023, 6:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
EGBFan wrote:
Kylie's Adventures Underground

The link includes some text about my inspiration and such that I hope interested parties will read, but all I want to say here and now is: this was DIFFICULT and it took me AGES!

Very nice.

Damn, I haven't picked up a colored pencil in years--I'm so used to scanning pencil drawings and "inking" and coloring them in GIMP. But I remember how much effort it takes to make things look good with those--and you've done quite nicely.

Quote:
Egon and Janine had to be a king/queen pair (if only to satisfy certain persons),
:roll:

Don't feel like you "have" to do things like that. It's your work, do what you think is best.

PostPosted: August 28th, 2023, 8:23 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Fritz wrote:
Very nice.

Damn, I haven't picked up a colored pencil in years--I'm so used to scanning pencil drawings and "inking" and coloring them in GIMP. But I remember how much effort it takes to make things look good with those--and you've done quite nicely.

Thanks. Some people can produce true beauty with colouring pencils, and goodness knows what else; I can, in the words of Jane Eyre's Mr Rochester, 'secure the shadow of [my] thought'. I've long since outgrown seriously wishing I could do better - (I mean, if a genie offered to increase my talent, I wouldn't say no, but) I think the style of my pictures reflects the spirit in which they are intended. :)

Quote:
Quote:
Egon and Janine had to be a king/queen pair (if only to satisfy certain persons),
:roll:

Don't feel like you "have" to do things like that. It's your work, do what you think is best.

:D Nice to have that assurance, although that was mostly a joke without a marker (not a good idea, really :roll:). I did think of shippers in general and you in particular, but in this case, it was entirely the right thing. My thought process might have been very different if it were the White King having the dream in the book, as the White Queen is not suitable for Janine, but we'll never know about that.

Details: the Red Queen is very forthright, whereas the White Queen is softer and airy, besides which, red hair would look odd poking out of the White Queen's crown (that is, as I imagine a living human chess queen). From here (after I had got a long way with the picture, thankfully*), I imagined Beth Rivera as the White Queen: she's fair-haired, sister-in-law to the White Knight, has a husband to be the White King, and even a child to be the pawn whose place in the game is taken by Alice. Ideal! I also imagined Peter Venkman as the Red Knight, who fights the White Knight for the capture of Alice (then Ray and Winston would be red pieces too, I guess, but off-screen, as no more appear in the book).

*I cannot imagine wanting to try to secure the shadow of these thoughts, though, even after I have recovered from this last effort. Apart from anything else, I don't think I will ever see how to make Kevin Rivera look like a pawn! (But if it ever does come to me... well, who knows? ;))

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3