Ectoplasmic Cat wrote:
1. Venkman never makes jokes.
Yeah, that's gobsmacking. How could anyone look at a character portrayed by Bill Murray and Lorenzo Music and say "Yeah, he's all serious"? (Maybe they could be forgiven on Dave Coulier)
2. Ray's enthusiasm isn't there.
Or it's so overdone he's turned into a childish idiot.
3. Janine doesn't show up even when she should.
4. Similarly, *Winston* doesn't show up even when he should.
Good gravy, even the pros
have been guilty of that one--one of the things I disliked about GB2 was the way Winston was almost completely ignored between the opening party scene and the team officially reactivating. Dammit, I still think he should have been there for the investigation and the whole courtroom scene. There are FOUR Ghostbusters, dammit, not three.
5. Egon isn't brainy anymore and is obsessed over a boring Mary Sue character.
Don't. Get. Me. Started
6. Egon is too expressive.
We've discussed this one elsewhere, but yeah, be careful on that. The first movie was like 2/3 over before he flipped out and screamed at Peck.
7. The Ghostbusters being unable to deal with problems even though the problems should be a lot easier to deal with than, y'know, preventing the apocalypse.
Or worse...you make them look stupid so that your new shiny Sue/Stu can save their asses.
I have to point out one story I did that you may get a kick out of:The Legend of Mary Sue