It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:23 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: EGBFan's GBOT Stories
PostPosted: December 6th, 2021, 7:27 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
There may be more some day, in a sort of revival of my efforts to jolly along Fritz's timeline. But for now:

Honeymoon Period

June 15-16, 1998: When the Ghostbusters try to help a ghost who's hard to understand, the answers turn out to be far closer than they imagined.

The AO3 fanfic archive will prompt you (unless you're a logged-in member) to confirm that you're okay with an M-rated story. But honestly, by my standards, I think it's very tame. :D

(Fritz, I don't think I'm wrong about the dates, but do correct me if I am.)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: December 6th, 2021, 9:05 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
EGBFan wrote:
(Fritz, I don't think I'm wrong about the dates, but do correct me if I am.)

Knowing what you were "programming around" there, yeah, you're good.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2022, 10:29 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Maybe This Time: Part 1

September 2024: A professional opportunity leads to a romantic proposition for Conchita Rivera. Not for the first time, she risks an emotional investment, little knowing of the surprise her suitor has in store.

Thanks in abundance to Fritz for hosting this (very GBOT-specific) story on the Ectozone, in addition to all the usual beta reading and encouragement that he does.

Gentle reader, if you think you've seen any other version of this particular romance before, please forget all about it immediately. Thank you.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: January 11th, 2022, 5:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I'll have more to say about this one when Part 2 is released this time next week (nothing Rosey hasn't heard before from the betas)..but for now, this is a good story and everybody interested in the GBOT/8932 universe should read it.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2022, 9:37 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Maybe This Time: Part 2

Conchita spends some time with Jessica Venkman and the current women of Ghostbusters as she sorts out her feelings. A Halloween party, thrown by her sister's beloved, is drawing closer, and with it--opportunity, should she choose to take it.

All the usual thanks to Fritz, and also for writing the blurb this time. 8-)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: January 19th, 2022, 4:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

As I told Rosey when she sent me the beta on part two, Ogre definitely approved of the way she wrote Marie Lupin. We figured all along that Marie and Jessica would get along great, and now that's "official".

EGBFan wrote:
Gentle reader, if you think you've seen any other version of this particular romance before, please forget all about it immediately. Thank you.

This was a big part of what brought this story about.

When Rosey wrote "Version 1" of Conchita's future life, there were several things that made me go "Yipe. This is a lot of bad stuff happening to one of the nicest characters in the cast". But they were, after all, her characters

So when she said she wanted to remake some of that stuff, I certainly didn't say no. A combination of it being her characters, and it being stuff that still "hasn't happened yet" as far as 8932 continuity is concerned, meant that I was all for it, especially as she had some other non-romance ideas for making Conchita a better character.

And then one last thing, she asked, since she didn't feel right about putting these OC-heavy stories on fan fic sites like FFN and AO3, would I mind hosting them on the Ectozone? Hell no!

Along with that, mention of the previous version has been quietly eliminated from the GBI Timeline and Kylie and Eduardo's pages in the the GBNY biographies. We'll all see what "really" happened now together.

:)

PostPosted: August 30th, 2022, 9:04 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

The Course of True Love

2026: As one couple is united in marriage, others deal with separation, wistful memories, and questions about what the future could bring.

Thanks again to Fritz, for hosting the story and everything else. Including the blurb.^

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2022, 9:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Somebody on GBFans reminded me that EGB started twenty five years ago this week.

Okay, so aside from the "Dammit now I really feel old" moment...

(Mild spoiler included)
This story's an interesting way to sort of "celebrate" it, what with the first EGB child getting married and all.

As always, a fun story with some other relationships compared and contrasted to the main one.

(I kind of found myself wondering if Max Miller and John Spengler ever had any conversations about some of the similarities in their situations on that count. Nothing about it in this story, of course, because I'm not ready to let everyone know publicly where I envision John and TJ being relationshipwise in 2026 of course, but it provoked a thought or two.)

PostPosted: September 5th, 2022, 9:09 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Fritz wrote:
Somebody on GBFans reminded me that EGB started twenty five years ago this week.

Okay, so aside from the "Dammit now I really feel old" moment...

(Mild spoiler included)
This story's an interesting way to sort of "celebrate" it, what with the first EGB child getting married and all.

Now, that is what they call a happy coincidence. I didn't think of this at all!

Quote:
As always, a fun story with some other relationships compared and contrasted to the main one.

(I kind of found myself wondering if Max Miller and John Spengler ever had any conversations about some of the similarities in their situations on that count. Nothing about it in this story, of course, because I'm not ready to let everyone know publicly where I envision John and TJ being relationshipwise in 2026 of course, but it provoked a thought or two.)

That would certainly make a very interesting two-shot story, for you and me at least. I think Jessica and Hayden's relationship would have got a mention in that conversation, but I don't want to suggest either one of them joined it with it... for some reason that I can't articulate, it just wouldn't work as well.

It's occurred to me before that Max has a lot in common with Eric Stantz, in terms of the fan activity from which they were born i.e. being the only son (in one way or another) of a Ghostbuster and an OC created by someone who didn't happen to engage with the one-episode canon love interest that might have been. I think it's nice, in a way, for Max to have something in common with other OGB offspring, and this one feels more sort of tangible, really.

Thank you for commenting (again!). :)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: September 7th, 2022, 4:34 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

EGBFan wrote:
That would certainly make a very interesting two-shot story, for you and me at least. I think Jessica and Hayden's relationship would have got a mention in that conversation, but I don't want to suggest either one of them joined it with it... for some reason that I can't articulate, it just wouldn't work as well.

It's occurred to me before that Max has a lot in common with Eric Stantz, in terms of the fan activity from which they were born i.e. being the only son (in one way or another) of a Ghostbuster and an OC created by someone who didn't happen to engage with the one-episode canon love interest that might have been. I think it's nice, in a way, for Max to have something in common with other OGB offspring, and this one feels more sort of tangible, really.

Thank you for commenting (again!). :)

Well, as far as Jessica and Hayden goes, we realized a long time ago that TJ is pretty much the same age as Hayden's little sister Emi--Emi was born in January 1998, TJ on February 14th. They live in the same area (back in "Eye of Aretpo" Eden precisely deduces where TJ was raised--because it's the exact same accent she heard from the Wallances). I never envisioned TJ and Emi as best friends or anything like that, but some sort of "Wait, Janey Anderson? The girl Emi had Junior Chem with and almost blew up? That's you?!" scene somewhere, probably around, I dunno, the official launch of the current team which happened right around the time of Jess and Hayden's wedding...if we just sat down and figured out what else should be in it and wrote it :lol:

That's also a good thought with Eric. Something else to chew on for ideas.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2022, 7:13 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Fritz wrote:
Well, as far as Jessica and Hayden goes, we realized a long time ago that TJ is pretty much the same age as Hayden's little sister Emi--Emi was born in January 1998, TJ on February 14th. They live in the same area (back in "Eye of Aretpo" Eden precisely deduces where TJ was raised--because it's the exact same accent she heard from the Wallances). I never envisioned TJ and Emi as best friends or anything like that, but some sort of "Wait, Janey Anderson? The girl Emi had Junior Chem with and almost blew up? That's you?!" scene somewhere, probably around, I dunno, the official launch of the current team which happened right around the time of Jess and Hayden's wedding...if we just sat down and figured out what else should be in it and wrote it :lol:

I can kind of visualise Jessica and Hayden meeting TJ and Marie for the first time, and naturally pairing off. It's possible I'll get to the stage of wanting to draft a version for future use (by which I mean exactly what I say - I honestly don't know right now!).

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 14th, 2023, 6:50 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Inspired by that scene draft (details above), I have written a short skit that just sort of came to me. Honestly, it's so short and pointless as not to warrant a beta-read. It stars a young Hayden and Emilia Wallance (academic year 2011/12), and thus is for a limited audience, having really nothing to do with Ghostbusters (especially as it's on DeviantArt, where such things must make sense completely out of context): Hats Off

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 17th, 2023, 8:30 am 
Administrator
Administrator

EGBFan wrote:
Inspired by that scene draft (details above), I have written a short skit that just sort of came to me. Honestly, it's so short and pointless as not to warrant a beta-read. It stars a young Hayden and Emilia Wallance (academic year 2011/12), and thus is for a limited audience, having really nothing to do with Ghostbusters (especially as it's on DeviantArt, where such things must make sense completely out of context): Hats Off

Quite fun.

I'm working on the story I've put that scene draft into, but Real Life has been kicking my ass the last few weeks. I'll get it done eventually, though.