It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:46 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: September 21st, 2021, 3:58 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
I have a very important announcement to make! Some moderate changes have been made to our EGB Episode Chronology.

Jake and I have been attempting to watch EGB in the chronological order that used to be and, well, it was kind of a bust! I wasn't super happy with it since realising I had to move 'Witchy Woman' (oh, years ago!), thus unbalancing the month it had been in and the month it moved into; at one (more recent) stage, I also began to wonder why I hadn't put any episodes in December besides 'Home Is Where the Horror Is' (the reasons behind that having been hashed out elsewhere, of course). Because no other episode particularly seemed to be set in that month? Because I used the airing order to fill in the gaps too often? One or both of those reasons, I suspect, but now...

It started with moving 'Ghost in the Machine' to go somewhere before 'The Luck of the Irish' (in which Eduardo really ought to have passed his driving test), then went to me getting bugged by the uneven episode distribution, which finally led to a whole rejigging operation. Now, we have precisely three or four episodes in every month of the year; when I had nothing much to go on where a particular episode was concerned, I used it to pad out a sparse month (e.g. 'Dog Days' and 'Fallout' are the two extra episodes I put in December). After a certain amount of me saying, 'Why did I think this needed to go here?', and sometimes finding the answer was not to my satisfaction, it was good to have a trigger to make me rethink the whole thing and come up with something more satisfying.

The information about specific dates and continuity between certain episodes always was correct (well, the aforementioned driving imperfection was acknowledged, anyway), so if anyone happened to use this to - I don't know - help them add information to their own timeline or something, they should not be adversely affected.

Jake has been helping with this. We are still checking our information, and it would have been sensible of me to wait until we had quite finished to make this announcement. But I couldn't concentrate on anything else until I had told the world: Our Chronology Has CHANGED!

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2021, 4:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Quote:
The information about specific dates and continuity between certain episodes always was correct (well, the aforementioned driving imperfection was acknowledged, anyway), so if anyone happened to use this to - I don't know - help them add information to their own timeline or something, they should not be adversely affected.

:torgo: --She's probably talkin' about you, Frito.

I'm definitely giving it a strong look; our chronologies have had some differences for a while, but I'm not against seeing if somebody else's idea is better and deciding to use it (I did quite a bit of that when you posted the previous version).

As always, good work.
:)

PostPosted: October 28th, 2022, 5:05 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

EGB Trivia Quiz

There are five different score increments. I'd love for you to find them all at some stage, just so you can admire my work. :D

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: October 29th, 2022, 7:31 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Damn...I feel embarrassed about only getting 13/20. My only excuse is that a couple came from episodes I hadn't seen in a while..and I'm getting old and forgetful :jacko:

PostPosted: October 6th, 2023, 10:44 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

I've been fiddling around with the subjective comments included my Episode Guide, on and off, since I first created it. Today I finally articulated my thoughts about 'The Ghostmakers' to my satisfaction, and tidied up a few of the others while I was at it. (I did once hope these comments might provide RGB fans with some insight into why we sometimes disagree about what makes a good episode, but hey, maybe not. :P )

I might as well link the Fanart page in this thread too, as I haven't up to now. I don't know whether anybody bothers about it in the thread where I post new works, because all one need do there is click on the individual links to DeviantArt, but I kinda like the page on my website so here I am promoting it. :)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3