It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:29 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: EGB Fan's Stories
PostPosted: September 29th, 2008, 8:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Nobody else reads this stuff? C'mon, people...

At this point, seeing as how I've been beset with crippling apathy and writer's block, I'm just glad that somebody is still putting something out there.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2008, 7:10 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I AM TO READING IT! :p

I just haven't had a lot of time this weekend---extenuating circumstances---and a great aunt who had a heart attack friday night.

I am about 3/4 through "The Right Thing" Still trying to figure out Oz.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2008, 5:27 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

So I finished the first one...

My computer officially bit the dirt over the weekend, the internal power jack died which requires buying a new mother board to replace so I finished this Friday night but i just now got to the library to do this, good news is, i finally ordered a new one, with way more bells and whistles than I need.

So on to the story. I still don't know if I fully understand Oz, not that it matters now, lol. It was an interesting way to answer some questions about just how wild jessica really is, obviously the answer is that, like her daddy she is mostly just full of it. She reminds me soooooo much of my 15 yr old sister... you have no idea.

I see where yout tried to set Roland up with a big climactic choice to make, but personally I didn't see it happening with the girl he rejected. I'm glad that she and stephie can leave the state, Stephie really got on my nerves, which I think is what you were going for so... Good job!

Also, it all of a sudden hit me how much Eduardo had grown up. i think it was when he left Kylie at home to deal with Oz, that wouldn't have been typical of him before. he turned out to be a man after all. I guess it takes some longer than others.

I really enjoyed this, I have been waiting for something to culminate for a while. I will have my new computer by Monday night hopefully, I have Monday off so I can set it up then, then i will read the new new story.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2008, 9:48 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
ghostdiva wrote:
So on to the story. I still don't know if I fully understand Oz, not that it matters now, lol.

I may revisit all of that some day, but don't get excited because I have no immediate plans.

Quote:
I see where yout tried to set Roland up with a big climactic choice to make, but personally I didn't see it happening with the girl he rejected. I'm glad that she and stephie can leave the state, Stephie really got on my nerves, which I think is what you were going for so... Good job!

Ach, I hated her!! :evil:

Anyway, in the end, I couldn't really see it working out between Roland and Celine either. I actually like Celine a whole lot more than Grace, but Roland's the one who has to date her, not me.

As always, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for your comments. :)

The next one isn't as interesting, but... I dunno, maybe you'll enjoy it nearly as much.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: October 26th, 2008, 7:16 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Ghostbusters: Being Civil

2022. Peter and Dana Venkman are invited to an event in London. Dana's ex-husband's son is marrying another man. What will The Stiff make of that?

Rated T for language.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: November 9th, 2008, 8:03 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Ghostbusters: The Violinist

After an unsuccessful marriage Dana Barrett has picked herself up, found a job with a haunted painting and got back together with Peter Venkman. In the meantime, her ex must make a new life for himself in London.

A/N: This is about a million stories in one (perhaps slightly fewer), and if you follow my fanfics, you will know many of them already. This tells us everything from Andre Wallance's perspective, and I hope challenges the misconception that someone who walks away from a marriage must be a bad person.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: November 9th, 2008, 8:58 am 
Administrator
Administrator

To paraphrase what I told Rosey when she sent me the Beta:

I think one of the most interesting things she's ever done is take this character that, in official canon, we know so little about--and all of it's bad--and turn him into a fully fleshed out character who can even be sympathetic at times. Even his most notorious action--"abandoning" his son--comes across as his attempt to do the right thing for everyone involved, even if it's a rather...unfortunate...decision.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2008, 3:23 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I am once again 1.5 stories behind! Ugh, so much to read so little time,

My real problem is a zine I bought off Ebay from the 90s, just so you know.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2008, 2:27 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
This is a nice, heartwarming story, and beautifully written. It actually gave me a bit of a lump in my throat towards the end, which was surprising considering who the story was centred around.

Actually, Andre reminds me of my own father in many ways, especially the bemusement at some of the antics his kids get up to and lifestyle choices they make (and choice of partners!). For a young woman to be able to accurately portray the emotions of a father as he ages and watches his children grow and the decisions they make is a testament of your amazing writing skills, I think. Rather than emphasising anger and frustration that his children have taken to choose lifestyles and career choices that he didn't plan for them, you've managed to get just the right combination of the feeling of powerlessness he had over the situation and also the unconditional love for his children which meant that no matter what decisions they made, he'd ultimately support them no matter what, even above the feelings of his own family.

As Fritz already said, the circumstances of Dana and Andre's breakup and his 'abandonment' of Oscar was much more understandable when you look at it from this perspective, with your characterisation of Andre. As unfortunate as it is, these things do happen, and even with the best will in the world there's not a lot you can do about it. At least Andre made the effort to travel to see his son when he could get the opportunity, unlike some fathers who live in the same country as their offspring and still don't bother. As Fritz has successfully done with Louis, you have also managed to make a once-unsympathetic (and somewhat unpopular) character rather more three-dimensional and personable. Great stuff.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2008, 3:41 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Wow, what a great set of comments! Thank you!

I certainly had a lot of fun writing this story. These are all characters that have grown far more than I ever thought they would when I first created them. I just came up with a bunch of names years ago, when Fritz said that in the universe he was developing (still very young in those days), Dana's ex had re-married and had some more kids, but he had no ideas about that (and would never be given the chance!).

Funny how these things can work out.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: January 17th, 2009, 7:12 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Extreme Ghostbusters: In Loving Memory

As Pagan's old age finally catches up with him, Kylie and Eduardo look back on the life of their pet.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: January 17th, 2009, 9:33 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Mild Spoilerish:

I admit it, I got choked up when reading this story. As I told Rosey when she sent me the Beta, it reminded me of the cats and dogs we've had to deal with losing.

You'd have to be a pretty cold hearted animal hater to not feel anything reading this story.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2009, 7:00 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Extreme Ghostbusters: Freaky February

Roland is working up the nerve to propose, Kylie is finally ditching the goth look and Garrett is hoping for a challenge on Friday the thirteenth...

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 13th, 2009, 9:42 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Heh. Kylie's birthday was yesterday, so you practically released this story in "real time"

And poor Rose. The danger of being born on the thirteenth of any month is that every six years or so, it's gonna be on a Friday. Of course, I personally think that means we Thirteenth Babies are immune to it all :P

PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 7:21 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Extreme Ghostbusters: Over It

More than twenty years on from all the trouble, Wanda and Celine are back. But is it out of mere curiosity, as they claim?

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next