All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 8:34 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Discussion on Old Ectozone Board

Ghostbusters West Coast: Consequences And Truth
June 2007--Timeline Year Twenty-Five

The only constant is change, and seldom has this been as true as it is for the Ghostbusters West Coast. Another new member has joined the team while a longtime stalwart is reanalyzing his life and his future. Two others regard the joyful changes that are upon them. Meanwhile, talentless spoiled brat heiress London Sedgewick gets possessed and skips jail to great media acclaim.
--------------------------------------
Paris Hilton had just been sentenced when I started this story. The first scene was going to be a complete throwaway until all the crap with her pulling the Pokey Hokey Pokey went on, so suddenly "London Sedgewick" had a slightly bigger part and I vented some invective on the sorry state of our media today.

From the old board's thread:

CJ wrote:
On the other, a social commentary in the likes of Bloom County or Doonesbury

As a guy who was raised on Bloom County and Doonesbury, being mentioned in the same breath with them was quite a compliment. I used to do, purely for my own amusement, a comic strip in that vein...I thought about putting it online a couple years ago, but I decided I didn't want death threats from right-wing whackjobs.

Kyle's story's been brewing since Gen was murdered last year (His story GBWC: United Darkness ), and both of us thought it was about time to do something with it. Plus he's been too swamped in Real Life to get much work on his stories done, and liked the idea of a "hiatus" in-story to give him some time to catch up. (Unless something changes, he will be back, it's only a matter of how and when.)
--------------------------------------
Side Note: This thread also marks the completion of the Ectozone fan fic backlog. Every Ghostbusters story I've done has now been mentioned on a thread on this board.
:)