It is currently March 19th, 2024, 5:30 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: July 6th, 2021, 9:09 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
A new story! This one features a strange mix of characters from three different teams, only one of which is from official Sony material, but after I had a story idea, I put the team together in my mind with a bunch of gags that came out of some of their situations, so here we go:

Ghostbusters International: The Werewolf of Notre-Dame, Part One
September 2022--Timeline Year Forty
Paris has been safe from the supernatural for the last thirty-seven years. Until now. GBI sends an eclectic ad hoc team to investigate--is a werewolf just a werewolf, or is there something wrong with the Eiffel Tower?

PostPosted: August 10th, 2021, 10:09 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ghostbusters International: The Werewolf of Notre-Dame, Part Two
As Charlene, TJ, and Marie investigate Notre-Dame, Holtzmann inspects the Eiffel Tower. None of them know the werewolf may be closer than they realize.

PostPosted: December 21st, 2021, 8:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ghostbusters International: The Werewolf of Notre-Dame, Part Three
Well, the ad hoc GBI team's found the werewolf. Now the big question is--can they survive long enough to find out why it's terrorizing Notre-Dame?
----------
So way back in 2003 I did my story Future Shocks, which in a lot of ways turned out to be my "mission statement"--a lot of the stories I did since showed how the Ghostbusters of 1986 became the Ghostbusters of that far flung future world of 2023.

Almost everything hinted at in that story has come to pass. The marriages of Ray Stantz and Egon and Janine Spengler; the births of Eric Stantz and Eden and John Spengler, and the formation of the Ghostbusters of the 2020s.

There was just one dangly little bit from early in "Future Shocks".

Quote:
"And Charlene Zeddemore called from Paris--she says the check on the Eiffel Tower came out totally on target, all systems functioning well."

In the intervening years, Charlene Zeddemore developed into an established member of the Ghostbusters West Coast, thanks to ideas and developments from EGBFan, Jason Knetge, and others. So what could happen that would send her to Paris?

Well, step one is, just as hinted in the snippet of dialog, a potential threat to the Eiffel Tower. Say...a werewolf?

Tungsten is a character idea Ogre and I had a long time ago; he was inspired by the Wolfman Monster toy in the old Kenner RGB line. He's been revamped somewhat, with some influence (as most of our werewolf stuff is now) from White Wolf's Werewolf: The Apocalypse.

So who else to send? Howabout somebody who knows tech--hey, maybe it's time to do something with Jillian Holtzmann instead of sending the more predictable Ray Stantz or a member of the Spengler family? Somebody who knows werewolves? Marie Lupin! Somebody European? Marie's teammate TJ Anderson!

So...er...why Charlene, then, because she's a psychologist? I know--she knows French! And she has a French woman as a former college roommate! And she's the most experienced of any of the team!

So what next was a string of loopy jokes and a meeting with a goofball new enemy. But if you pay attention, especially in Part 3, some other stuff is being set up. Big stuff.

The next few years are going to be very interesting for the Ghostbusters of timeline 8932.