It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:48 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next
PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 2:00 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Hang on a sec. You sent this story out to betas? I didn't get one! :o

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 3:54 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
EGBFan wrote:
Hang on a sec. You sent this story out to betas? I didn't get one! :o

Pardon me a second, here...

:oops:

:x

I must be losing my brain cells quicker than I thought I was.

I just rechecked the emails I sent, and sure enough, a combination of technical gremlins and/or early onset of dementia caused your address to be left off the letter.

I just sent the pertinent links to you, and please accept my deep apologies for my stupidity.

:|

PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 11:19 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Just so you know. The suicidal smiley is much more disturbing than anything in the story in question, there's irony for ya!

PostPosted: November 28th, 2010, 11:43 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, here's the situation right now:

I have two stories done. One is rather short, the other is about the usual length. I haven't released them because they both lead in to another story that looks to be long and involved.

The first is called Primus XXIV. It takes place in July 2009. It's mostly involved with politics of the Order of Hermes, but the second half features some characters who'll be familiar to readers of my GBWC stories.

The second is called Blood Feud: Los Angeles, and begins not long after Primus XXIV. As you might expect from the title, it's a sequel to Ogre's story Blood Feud: Prague, and continues the story of the character seen in that story. This time he's in LA, and again, some familiar faces from other GBWC stories will show up.

It's all setting up for a story provisionally called Toy Soldiers, set for August 2009 in the Timeline. I've been discussing the intricacies of the plot with the other GBWC members, and I'm hoping to put some major work on this thing some time after New Years. It's gonna be big; so big it worries me that I might get bogged down in it, like I did "Chronicles of Gozer" or "Eye of Aretpo", which is why I want to have some of it "in the can" before I start announcing any release dates.

I guess I'm interested in some opinions: should I release it in chunks as I get it done, as I usually do, or wait until it's done or almost done, to ensure less interval between stories, but taking longer before anything gets out?

As always, I appreciate everyone's support and patience.
:)

PostPosted: November 30th, 2010, 8:54 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I vote that you wait to post until the last one is mostly done. Or at least until you have the whole plot worked out. I think it would be less stressful that way.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2011, 9:32 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

So the world has created a wonderful new angle for the zodiac plot...the development of a new sign!

That could be a great new plot angle! 8-)

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/none/has-your-horoscope-changed-2439951/

PostPosted: January 14th, 2011, 6:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

ghostdiva wrote:
So the world has created a wonderful new angle for the zodiac plot...the development of a new sign!

That could be a great new plot angle! 8-)

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/none/has-your-horoscope-changed-2439951/

As some of the articles point out, the astrological system that the West has been using for the last few millenia stopped being accurate to the astronomical constellations centuries ago. This comes up every once in a while as a "scientists once more point out how silly astrology is" story. Even the "new sign" mentioned in some versions of the story isn't a completely new idea--I've heard versions of that one over the years too (though I more often heard them use Cestus instead of Ophiuchus)

And heck, most astrologers still consider Pluto a planet in their horoscopes. To say nothing of the Moon (a satellite) and the Sun (a G2 Star)

In-story, if I'd thought of realigning the signs after 1991 and the beginning of the Age of Aquarius (in-story; astrological authorities bitterly disagree when it's "really" going to start) I might have, but I think it's too late now. John and Eden Spengler being Geminis is too integral to past and potential future storylines.

In other words, it's an interesting "slow news day" story. Well, I guess it hasn't been a slow news week, so more of a "something light to take our minds off the crap going on" story. But in the end, it doesn't really change anything.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2011, 8:45 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Haven't updated here in a while, but I thought it was time:

I've decided to keep a tradition alive and go ahead and release something on the Ectozone anniversary, on May 13. It's not a big something, but it's something: it's called "Primus XXIV", and it's part of the set-up to the upcoming GBWC epic "Toy Soldiers"

The next part of the set up has been done for a long time, and I've got three chapters worth of material for "Toy Soldiers" in the can; I'm writing it "in pieces", as I refer to it, meaning that not all of the material to date is consecutive, though the narrative is forming and I've "filled the gaps" for the first two chapters worth, more or less.

And believe it or not, I was recently inspired to do a story of the original Ghostbusters. Knowing how slow I've been lately, the fact that the idea I had is set on Christmas means I have enough time to (hopefully) get it done for a planned December release.

Thanks again, everyone, for your patience.

PostPosted: June 12th, 2011, 10:46 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Time to update this:

Blood Feud: Los Angeles
Timeline: July 2009

It's both a sequel to Blood Feud: Prague and the lead-in to "Toy Soldiers". Unlike the Prague story, Ogre didn't write it, but he helped plot it out and will be credited as such.

I'm planning to release it on June 20.

Toy Soldiers
Timeline: July 2009

I've got the equivalent of three chapters done on this one, and am currently working on the fourth. It hasn't been going as quickly as I'd like, but I also want to take the time and do this story right. I don't want to slop it out just to get it done.

It's a big, involved story. It's intended to be major pay off for things I've been setting up in the GBWC for the last five years or so. But for fans of the original Ghostbusters, Venkman will be returning to LA for the first time in a while, and an old RGB villain will be in the mix.

Mister Stay Puft's Christmas Adventure

Not going to spoil much about this one right now. It's gone out to be beta read, though I've only heard back from one person I sent it to. It's "in the can" and ready to go, but as you might guess from the title, I'm not planning to actually release it until after Thanksgiving.

I'm kind of pleased to have come up with a Christmas story, though. Jason Knetge did one a couple years ago ( http://www.gbwc.net/fic/gbspirit.html ) but this is the first time I both had a workable idea, and thought if it in enough time to actually get it done :lol:

PostPosted: July 25th, 2011, 8:46 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Betas:

A second draft of "Mr. Stay Puft's Christmas Adventure" should be in your mailboxes. If there's any problem, like if I somehow forgot to send it to you again :x let me know.

Work on "Toy Soldiers" is a bit stalled right now. I know where I want to go, and more or less how I want to get there, but the part about actually sitting down and writing it is where I'm having problems motivating myself. I apologize once more for the long delays, and appreciate your patience.

I guess since IDW is doing real stories now, it doesn't matter as much though.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 9:32 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Quote:
I guess since IDW is doing real stories now, it doesn't matter as much though.

Yeah right. Just because Sony sanctioned something doesn't mean its better than everything else, GBII should be proof of that...
Your GB Universe is way more complex and thought out than anything they could do in the next 5 yrs, at 20 pages a book it will take forever to build up, and that's assuming that it's worth the read.

Anything worth reading is important. In my opinion.
And I want to know what those toy soldiers are so I hope we hear something soon.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 9:45 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I had originally intended to release "Toy Soldiers, Part Two" next Monday, November 28. I won't go into the details, but Real Life has been throwing me some major curve balls, and I don't think I'm going to make that release.

I'm not sure yet whether I'll aim for the next Monday (December 5) or delay "Toy Soldiers, Part Two" to January. I will have "Mr. Stay Puft's Christmas Adventure" out sometime in December, though; if I decide to delay "Toy Soldiers" I may provisionally pencil in "Mr. Stay Puft" for December 5.

Sorry about the delays, and thanks again for your patience.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 3:37 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
ooo.I'm going to want to see that up.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: November 26th, 2011, 4:22 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Aries
Can't wait. So far its all been good.

Sometimes in my job I feel just like Janine, over worked and under paid!

PostPosted: December 5th, 2011, 9:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I do apologize--I've been away from a computer for the last week, which obviously meant nothing got released today.

I'm officially delaying "Toy Soldiers, Part Two" until January, and Part 3 for February.

December 12, 2011 is now the scheduled release of "Mr. Stay Puft's Christmas Adventure". It's a story I've been anticipating seeing the reaction to for a long time.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next