It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:32 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: July 28th, 2008, 9:21 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Ghostbusters 2021: The Eye Of Aretpo, Part One

2021--Timeline Year Thirty-Nine
A strange murder in London brings a young detective to the United States in search of answers. Three children of legends are reunited. Behind the scenes, a plot is in motion that will force all of them to embrace the legacy of the Ghostbusters.

You've seen them in stories such as "Future Shocks", "Seperated At Rebirth", "A Different Kind Of Hero", and "Gemini Rising". Now, at long last, the story that tells how the Ghostbusters of the 2020's came to be a team for the first time.

Check out the newly-expanded Ghostbusters 2023 gallery page for some new pictures, including some civilian clothes and the flight suits that the new crew wears later in the story (It's not a huge spoiler--a group shot is seen right under the story title here in part 1)

(And yeah, I hope that you'll all forgive me one more "describe the original Ghostbusters in detail" scene. I almost replaced the bit with a picture, but thought that might be worse...)

PostPosted: July 28th, 2008, 12:15 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Ah yes, I remember. Here's where Eric Stantz gets some good development and some real screen time. But we get to see a whole bunch of other people too - that's always fun, in these future stories.

I know it's an obvious thing to say, but I am looking forward to the next part.

Three cheers for London, all you chaps! Hurrah!

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: July 28th, 2008, 9:40 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Great Stuff, Fritz! I really enjoy the first part and looking forward to reading more!

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 8:21 am 
Administrator
Administrator

EGBFan wrote:
Ah yes, I remember. Here's where Eric Stantz gets some good development and some real screen time.

Yeah. I was glad to finally find a good opportunity to use him more. The Spengler Twins have gotten most of the attention in previous stories, and they'll certainly get their share here, but making him more or less the "point of view" here goes a long way to fleshing him out. The fact that we know who his Mom is probably helps too--that always left an area that people "couldn't talk about"

Quote:
Three cheers for London, all you chaps! Hurrah!

:lol: ...glad it met with your approval. Kinpgin was very helpful in fixing a detail or two.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2008, 8:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ghostbusters 2021: The Eye Of Aretpo, Part Two

The mysterious new foe moves simultaneously against one of the Founders of Ghostbusters International, and against the child of an old GBI ally that has been chosen to recieve the artifact that has already lead to one death.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2008, 12:53 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

I'm enjoying this story a lot. As I said to Fritz in the beta email, it makes many promises that I am looking forward to seeing fulfilled. All this 2020s stuff is way fun. :D

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: November 17th, 2008, 7:29 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
LIke I told Fritz this story is like the first big hill of a rollercoaster. We're all sitting at the top waiting on the rush we know is coming. So buckle up everyone its going to be one hell of a ride!!

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2009, 9:57 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ghostbusters 2021: The Eye Of Aretpo, Part Three

Several fateful meetings occur, as the Extreme Ghostbusters investigate the elder Spenglers' disappearance, and the younger Spenglers become part of New York's very first Zombie Demolition Derby.

Also check out the mock cover I put together, a larger, colored version of the picture seen at the head of the story:

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Eye- ... -111667744

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2009, 5:35 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

If this story were finished this would be the point where I couldn't walk away until I was done... but I guess I'll just have to wait.

I am full of questions and I can't wait to see how my questions are answered.

This is a wonderful origin story, very GB worthy and very fun to read.

I hope I don't have to wait too long. :D

And Happy Anniversary Fritz!

PostPosted: February 4th, 2009, 6:49 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

A marvellous continuation of a great story. In the beta email, Fritz seemed particularly anxious to know our reactions to John Spengler and TJ's first meeting. When I told him mine, he replied that that was "pretty much what [he] was going for".

So far, the basis of their relationship seems to be being caught up in an intense situation. Hmm... I just remembered Speed.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 4th, 2009, 9:24 am 
Administrator
Administrator

To paraphrase what I said to some of the beta readers, while we "know" that John and TJ have an apparent future ahead of them (ie John's flirtatious actions toward her in "Future Shocks"; some of TJ's slips of the tongue in "A Few Pointers") I wanted to both set up some hints of that, without resorting to beating an unsuspecting reader over the head with "THEY R GONNA DO TEH NASTY" or, worse, resorting to "meet cute".

Remember, after all, that it is at least three or four years after these events that any "hook up" will finally occur (and that hasn't been set in stone yet, either)

PostPosted: May 13th, 2009, 9:11 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ghostbusters 2021: The Eye Of Aretpo, Part 4

The secret of Eric Stantz's missing years is revealed, and Zoraldo presents the youngsters with an unbearable choice: the lives of the Ghostbusters and their parents...or the Eye of Aretpo.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2009, 12:04 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Here the five youngsters finally come together, and things start speeding up a bit. This part ends on an intriguing situation - I'll be very interested to see how they get out of this one.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: May 13th, 2009, 6:19 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I know, Right? What a pickle! I asked Fritz...imagine what it would be like to be 23 and never aloud to do things that they are about to have to do and then discover that they are totally without anyone to back them up or advise them.

Boy, I hope they were paying attention to more than Uncle Peter's stories about topless mermaids. :?

PostPosted: May 14th, 2009, 3:00 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
cool story . I can't holed out to the next one . I want it now .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel